Dolphins undrafted free agents Interesting Info About them, Born Leaders... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins undrafted free agents Interesting Info About them, Born Leaders...

dgb11112

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Guys I think this is Great insite by our FO on What they are looking for in a Player

Posted by Josh Alper on April 25, 2010 9:37 AM ET
The Miami Dolphins seemed to place an emphasis on leadership during the draft. Seven of the eight players they selected were named captains of their college teams in 2009.

That trend continued when they started signing undrafted free agents. Cornerback Ross Weaver only made one start for Michigan State, but he was one of four co-captains selected by his teammates during his senior season. Weaver had an interception and forced a fumble in the Alamo Bowl loss to Texas Tech.

The other Dolphins undrafted free agent signees are Travis Ivey, DT, Maryland; AJ Wallace, CB, Penn State; Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke; Roberto Wallace, WR, SDSU; Jonathan Amaya, DB, Nevada and Marlon Moore, WR, Fresno State.

www.rotoworld.com

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read the Sun Sentinel's original article on this, from the front page FinHeave link...

"Several players admitted leadership was an issue inside the Dolphins' locker room during a 2009 season that was as tumultuous as it was disappointing."

I also inferred that probably further explained why JT had his offer withdrawn by the front office. As much as most people love JT, I can't help but think he and some of the others jettisoned this offseason were singled out for performance AND attitude.

JT used to be a locker room leader in a positive fashion. But I don't get that vibe anymore. I think his leadership days took a hit when Wanny left. There was a strong bond with JT, ZT and Wanny. Just doesn't seem JT was much of a positive locker room influence after Wanny left.

When I read the Sun Sentinel's original article on this, from the front page FinHeave link...

"Several players admitted leadership was an issue inside the Dolphins' locker room during a 2009 season that was as tumultuous as it was disappointing."

I also inferred that probably further explained why JT had his offer withdrawn by the front office. As much as most people love JT, I can't help but think he and some of the others jettisoned this offseason were singled out for performance AND attitude.

JT used to be a locker room leader in a positive fashion. But I don't get that vibe anymore. I think his leadership days took a hit when Wanny left. There was a strong bond with JT, ZT and Wanny. Just doesn't seem JT was much of a positive locker room influence after Wanny left.

I think that all started with JP who waived off getting taken out of games. Which sometimes affected Taylor. Which then caused Taylor to have an attitude and it gave the FO the notion that JT couldnt handle the whole situation while they were actually trying to do Taylor a favor. Plus Cam Wake. We prob were trying to get Wake out there more than he was and JT was affecting that. It was a chain reaction IMO.

Back
Top Bottom