Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons

He had the chance to join a superbowl contender. Doubt Gase is the difference on this one

Who? The Super Bowl contending Falcons?

Look at the Falcons record the year before this one....year one of Quinn....sub-par....

The Dolphins are Super Bowl contenders next year, just like the Falcons made the jump in Year 2.

Look, if we had a healthy o-line all year like the Falcons, if we had Misi all year, Reshad all year, IAQ all year, Jenkins all year, we are a 2 playoff win team.

When we played Pittsburgh the first time, and Buffalo (both games), our boys were on fire...

We need a Guard, 2 linebackers, one DT, and a healthy Tannehill and we are Super Bowl bound....let's stop being pessimistic. During our run last year, NOBODY wanted to see Ajayi.

Next year it's on, you folks in South Florida better get tickets now, the Fins are going to be balling next year.

We are the Super Bowl contenders that Poe needs to sign with.

Hoops, sounds like ur on board with a Poe signing? Does that free Miami then to draft what in the first round?

I am on board provided its green lighted medically...of course the guaranteed money is probably whats gonna lure him in if he does sign here

As for the draft once i wrapped my head around timmons and kikos roles may be yet to be determined i think i came to the conclusion that miamis best bets are front 7 on defense with its top 2 picks

Lb and de...one of each...id prefer a weakside 3 down backer personally if its lb route...speed and range athlete

i want a piece of the free safety class in the top 3 rounds also...and a nickel corner if we can acquire another 3rd rounder...i smell the value there being too good to pass up

Who? The Falcons?

Look at the Falcons record last year....year one of Quinn.

The Dolphins are Super Bowl contenders next year, just like the Falcons made the jump in Year 2.

Look, if we had a healthy o-line all year like the Falcons, if we had Misi all year, Reshad all year, IAQ all year, Jenkins all year, we are a 2 playoff win team.

When we played Pittsburgh the first time, and Buffalo (both games), our boys were on fire...

We need a Guard, 2 linebackers, one DT, and a healthy Tannehill and we are Super Bowl bound....let's stop being pessimistic. During our run last year, NOBODY wanted to see Ajayi.

Next year it's on, you folks in South Florida better get tickets now, the Fins are going to be balling next year.

Damn. And I thought the banana kush I have now was good.

I dont think miamis as far off as others do but we do have to get a lot better on defense

I would think in year two gases offense should be top 10ish

Of course we need difference makers to stay healthy too we didnt get a lot of that in 2016

I dont think miamis as far off as others do but we do have to get a lot better on defense

I would think in year two gases offense should be top 10ish

Of course we need difference makers to stay healthy too we didnt get a lot of that in 2016

We can be playoff contenders with a potent offense, but not contenders in the playoffs without a defense or in it's current scheme.

Who? The Super Bowl contending Falcons?

Look at the Falcons record the year before this one....year one of Quinn....sub-par....

The Falcons just played in a super bowl. The Dolphins arent even close to that level. We may get another wildcard slot but lets not kid ourselves about winning rings, those are unrealistic and unfair expectations

Until we start taking the division we are looking at 3 straight road games just to get to the bowl

And road playoff games with suspect defense are just asking to get you pinked

So........

Damn. And I thought the banana kush I have now was good.

haha...I'm calling it now Sons...I have a strange feeling Stills, Parker, and Landry are all going to beast next year...and our defense is going to be solid as hell....Hayes is a man...Timmons is a man...we are getting rid of our cute players and bringing in some toughness...

The Fins are going to be a tough out...we are going to be a problem next year.....

DL -> Wake - Poe - Suh - Hayes - Branch - Phillips + High Draft Pick
LB's -> Timmons - Alonzo - Jenkins - Hewitt - Hull - Misi + High Draft Pick
DB's -> Howard - Maxwell - Jones - McCain(?) - Allen - Lippett + Mid level Draft Pick

Defense will be top 15 against the run next year, that's all you need.

Poe come on down!

The Falcons just played in a super bowl. The Dolphins arent even close to that level. We may get another wildcard slot but lets not kid ourselves about winning rings, those are unrealistic and unfair expectations

Im gonna disagree with that assessment of the falcons relative to miami...they could easily take a step back in 2017 without their play caller etc and frankly matt ryan threw a lot of balls he got away with in 2016 postseason alone even that usually even themselves out over time

That defense has more young talent no doubt and miami needs to hit with its defensive talent picks but it doesnt quite have any alphas yet that show up every week...beasley is hit and miss the strong safety is probabky the best young strong after collins with the giants but he has some cover limitations deion jones is mostly right now all athlete and primary assignment...those kids could become year in year out alphas or they may not

They had oline health that miami has never had since tannehill got here hell they had the same starting 5 and plan a starting five for every game this season...thats huge

But julio jones is an alpha that miami doesnt have...hes the straw that stirs that drink...miami needs one true alpha skill player on offense

Poe come on down!

IMG_2379.gif

In recent seasons I'd agree with that but this coming season Indy may finish dead last in their division. If Romo goes to TX they run away with it and TN is really on the rise as well. And even Jax could finally do something with good leadership in place now.

It's impossible to win the AFC East. That already gives Indy the advantage even if Houston has Romo.

I'm not gonna be pessimistic heading into this season, if....we add Poe, plus LB/DE/safety in the first two rounds of the draft, to the already-acquired Timmons, Hayes, and Nate Allen. You're talking about 6 quality additions to the defense that already includes Wake, Suh, Branch, Phillips, Alonso, Reshad Jones, Maxwell, and two rising young CBs in Howard and Lippett. That will add up to the most defensive talent we've had in a long time.

An improved defense playing off of an offense in year 2 under Gase - with consistent personnel - and I'm feeling very optimistic.

See you dont let 26 year old dancing bears get away unless something is a miss

Theres more to this its got to be the medical
KC had to choose between Berry and Poe for a long term deal. They were already in salary cap hell and have been forced to shed some good players. The Chiefs ended up making the big long term commitment to Berry. In a way, this is analogous to how we got Ndamukong Suh from Detroit. The Lions ended up in salary cap hell.

Back
Top Bottom