Dolphins Will Be Better off Without CB Richard Marshall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Will Be Better off Without CB Richard Marshall

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ill-be-better-off-without-cb-richard-marshall

Felt I had to weigh in on the topic.

They made Marshall a starter, demoting Vontae Davis initially to nickel corner and eventually trading him off the roster. This made Richard Marshall primarily a perimeter corner on base downs, occasionally moving inside in nickel packages.

The results were predictably less than spectacular. According to Pro Football Focus, Marshall spent 145 snaps in coverage, allowing 14 of 23 passes to be completed on him for a total of 207 yards, two touchdowns and one interception.

Additionally, Marshall accumulated four penalties, though one was waived by the opposing team. Two of the penalties came in the end zone, which resulted in the opposing offense starting with a 1st-and-goal from the one-yard line.

It would not be terribly inaccurate to say he was responsible for allowing four touchdowns in only four games.

The details only supported my initial conclusions on Marshall's strengths and weaknesses. Using data from Pro Football Focus, we can determine that he played 48 snaps from the slot, allowing only three completions for 28 yards on those snaps. On the boundary, he allowed 11 catches for 179 yards on the remaining 97 snaps.

That means he allowed slightly less than 0.6 yards per coverage snap from the slot, and over 1.8 yards per coverage snap from the boundary.

I will miss Richard...no wait...I think Richard will be missed...Um no...I believe Richard was part of the problem...No No....Richard WAS the problem...
I am glad Richard is gone.

What position did Richard play again?

I don't understand why people don't like patterson hes a solid corner

I don't understand why people don't like patterson hes a solid corner

Since when. If he is such a solid corner why do teams keep letting him go. 5 nfl teams have decided he was not worth keeping but somehow he is a solid corner,
He could go and have a great year but there is not one shred of evidence that Patterson is a solid nfl corner.

Since when. If he is such a solid corner why do teams keep letting him go. 5 nfl teams have decided he was not worth keeping but somehow he is a solid corner,
He could go and have a great year but there is not one shred of evidence that Patterson is a solid nfl corner.

so that's the whole basis? lots of good players bounce around the league

so that's the whole basis? lots of good players bounce around the league

really like who? Name one good player u would like to have as your starter that has bounced around 6 teams.
Players bounce around the league because they have deficiencies like attitude or lack of talent.
The basis is he wasn't good last year. I mean what can u judge a player on.

What you will see in there though is a very STRONG suggestion that Dimitri Patterson is the same type of player with the same weaknesses, and an implication that the Dolphins could be making the same mistake if they play him primarily on the outside.

sorry I didnt read the entire article CK, but he has had very good grades from a nickel from what I have seen.

"CB Dimitri Patterson is rated as the 47th best CB in the NFL according to @PFF. 54.2% of passes get completed on him in 415 snaps

CB Dimitri Patterson, who exclusively plays the nickel, has allowed 2 TDs this season. Has a 92.7 QB rating when throwing his way"

that is before we picked him up but still are actual grades

I felt he was horrible last year and have no clue how this staff felt he was a better option than Vontae Davis as starting corner.
I also feel that Patterson will be a horrible starter. Neither guy is better than Davis or Smith but of course when he was with our team people would say he was a good player.

Agreed, I'm not crazy about Sean Smith but there is no way Marshall is better than Davis. I know, move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy, a long-suffering Cardinals season ticket holder in Glendale from the 50yd line vantage point informed me when we signed him that he was an inadequate corner and a decent nickel for the Cards. As he's the same one whohad told me that we dodged a bullet being outbid for Pace as he was only playing better during his contract year, I trusted his assessment then which obviously has proved to be spot-on.

edit: thanx aviandome

Back
Top Bottom