Dolphins Will Be Better off Without CB Richard Marshall | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Will Be Better off Without CB Richard Marshall

really like who? Name one good player u would like to have as your starter that has bounced around 6 teams.
Players bounce around the league because they have deficiencies like attitude or lack of talent.
The basis is he wasn't good last year. I mean what can u judge a player on.

Patterson has been on 5 teams same as Deion Sanders. So there you have it the answer to your question arguably the best CB ever has been on the same amount of teams as Patterson.

Patterson has been on 5 teams same as Deion Sanders. So there you have it the answer to your question arguably the best CB ever has been on the same amount of teams as Patterson.

boomhipng-1.jpg

At practice today the Dolphins have been doing exactly what I figured and what I stated in the article.

In nickel packages, Dimitri Patterson is moving to his most natural spot in the slot, while Nolan Carroll comes on and plays the boundary.

Nolan Carroll getting more playing time - that's kind of scary. Jamar Taylor or Will Davis, please step up.

So in terms of our rookies are they both more suited to the outside, or are Taylor and/or Davis more suited to the slot? Letting Marshall go wasn't a great surprise, when you spend 2nd and 3rd round picks on CBs you want them to see the field, even if it is just in nickel or dime packages.

I would prefer Will Davis to step up and win that job if it means he's actually going to play well. The guy has great ball skills. But he's also susceptible deep, just like Patterson and just like Marshall.

Rookie corners are notorious for getting burned and letting up a bunch of catches and yards no matter how good they are. Even if it's future all-world Patrick Peterson, as a rookie he's still crap.

So Nolan Carroll gave up 1.2 yards per coverage snap last year. How does that compare to the average? A top 10 CB (in that statistic) had a yard per coverage snap of .94, so obviously there is a ways to go.

i'd prefer carroll on the boundary job as the nickle corner or whatever also if jamar taylor can't come in and be the nickle but carroll has looked so bad to me at times this preseason check that so disinterested to me at times that i didn't think they'd do it...

anything that keeps will davis from getting exposed against top 3 level wrs i'm all about...i know that much

so this is minus jamar taylor winning a top 3 job probably the best thing that could happen from my stand point...

the most talented top 3 physical gifts wise to me is grimes, taylor and carroll...but if taylor isn't gonna get healthy this is probably the best plan b

b/t patrick peterson as a cb to date has been way overrated...really has...as a returner he's been rediculous...but at corner he hasn't ascended to shut down level at all...

doesn't mean he cant take the leap this year but it's just not happened yet...

So Nolan Carroll gave up 1.2 yards per coverage snap last year. How does that compare to the average? A top 10 CB (in that statistic) had a yard per coverage snap of .94, so obviously there is a ways to go.

It's about average to slightly better than average I believe, for the perimeter. Especially the yards per attempt.

If you're saying "obviously there is a ways to go" then it kind of implies that I'm trying to paint a picture of Nolan Carroll as a top corner or some such. I'm really not. But there is a plurality out there that will attempt to convince you that Nolan Carroll was a walking dumpster fire a year ago, and he really wasn't.

agreed...carroll took way too much heat around here last year...if you line him up in so many off coverages like we have done this preseason etc and he gives up catches in front of him that's pretty much expected...

but there's no reason that wr lemon should be able to separate him on a vertical with the ball in the air other than lack of effort to finish from carroll...so that's frustrating for me at least

doesn't matter who we play though...they'll stay away from grimes as much as possible unless they have a physical mismatch and attack your inside and opposite boundary cb...i just think some guys are gonna be harder to exploit than others

I would prefer Will Davis to step up and win that job if it means he's actually going to play well. The guy has great ball skills. But he's also susceptible deep, just like Patterson and just like Marshall.

Rookie corners are notorious for getting burned and letting up a bunch of catches and yards no matter how good they are. Even if it's future all-world Patrick Peterson, as a rookie he's still crap.

I'm not sure what to think on Patterson. He gets $4.6M this year if we keep him, which he is not worth, and we save the whole amount if we get rid of him. The problem is finding and fitting a new player in this late or, depending on two rookies. We're not going to see any VG CB's released on final cuts but, an upgrade is not impossible. Maybe a good vet comes available for a year.

He also has $5.4M coming next year. So, if Coyle likes him enough to want to keep him, we should at least re-do his contract.

Back
Top Bottom