Dolphin's win total set at 7 1/2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin's win total set at 7 1/2

I think some people are going to win some money on the Dolphins this year.

I would be disappointed if we went 7-9 or even 8-8. I believe the Pats will win the division but a injury here or there and you never know. I am hoping we can win 9 or 10 and get the wild card once again but it won't be easy.

I say a repeat of last year's 10-6 record if not better.

The OL is set so 17 stays clean in the pocket and survives 2017.
DeVeon(sp?) Smith might just take DW roster spot. J-train will have 1200+ rushing and 10-12 tds. Drake will benefit with more touches year 2.

The defense will win us 3 games alone.

The offseason philosophy on D was:
Stop the run, stop the run, stop the run
Get younger, faster, smarter, physical in the draft
More veteran leadership (see Timmons and Hayes)

Truly ask yourself how many years post ZT have you often wondered when will we hit paydirt at MLB?

Seriously, ask how many more years must I suffer watching incompetence and 7-10 yard downhill tackles by the "QB of the defense"?

Some might say Dansby but I digress. Weight problems, deficient playmaking in the backfield nor at the LOS, and severe allergy to cover TE's intermediate soured my joy pre FA signing in hindsight.

The football gods granted us another gift year 2, Gase being year 1. That gift is Raekwon McMillan.

Every dolfan from pillar to post knows Timmons is on the downside of his career so how does him starting at Mike change anything we're trying to correct run D wise?

Seems logical imho that we paid Timmons for his veteran leadership and mental toughness to rub off on the LB corps. It's possible that at the time pre-draft that he was told he was Mlb for the time being until we draft one. All the more reason to put Timmons at SAM and utilize his strengths, as opposed to more wear and tear at Mike.

I see 10-6 or 9-7. Team will be better than last year but the record might not show it. I see a good year in 2018.

Make no mistake, this is an indictment of Tannehill. Our Phins will have a very solid roster and Gase is well regarded.
If Rodgers Brady or even Carr/Ryan were the QB the prediction would be double digit wins.
I would really like to see RT finally prove his doubters wrong and elevate himself to top 10 range.

Make no mistake, this is an indictment of Tannehill. Our Phins will have a very solid roster and Gase is well regarded.
If Rodgers Brady or even Carr/Ryan were the QB the prediction would be double digit wins.
I would really like to see RT finally prove his doubters wrong and elevate himself to top 10 range.

More like an indictment of his injury.

Tannehill is the reason we went to the playoffs last year. Anyone waiting to see him prove himself isn't watching to begin with.

I hope come end of August I can find that line 7.5. I'll drop a $1,000 on that no hesitation.

More like an indictment of his injury.

Tannehill is the reason we went to the playoffs last year. Anyone waiting to see him prove himself isn't watching to begin with.

I hope come end of August I can find that line 7.5. I'll drop a $1,000 on that no hesitation.

When I listen to NFL radio, the consensus seems to be that the jury is still out on RT. He still has a lot of doubters and the vegas odds clearly reflect that.

What worries me is we won like 8 of 10 (8 of 9 if you throw out the first Patriots game which had the feel of a blowout but ended up a 7 point game) close games last year. That seems like it would be tough to repeat although a knack for winning close ones in this era of football is a great thing to have.

In part, yes, but also because we still need a lot of things to happen: Parker needs to take the next step (even if that only means staying healthy), Julius T. needs to prove he wasn't a Manning-induced phenomenon, the OL has to finally put together one entire season, and the defense has plenty of holes. Rookies? You never really know with them. Our only trustworthy impact vet acquisition is Timmons.

Still too many questions about this team. All in all it seems like a slightly low line to me. 8 would be proper. If you bet with your head and not with your heart, though, you'll stay well clear of it.

I don't think anybody had Ryan and the Falcons at double digit wins last season. Probably not Carr and the Raiders either..

SUPER BOWL 52 FUTURES: TEAMS THAT COULD BE ONE DRAFT AWAY

http://www.oddsshark.com/super-bowl/futures

MIAMI DOLPHINS +5000

Adam Gase did better than anyone expected during his first season as the ’Fins head coach but this offseason needs to be dedicated to fixing a broken defense. Miami put the effort into that side of the ball by signing Lawrence Timmons, Nate Allen and T.J. McDonald as well as re-signing Andre Branch and extending Reshad Jones. Those are all pieces that should help facilitate a change in the defense, but growth still needs to be had in the draft.

The Dolphins are in a good position to grab a fresh face for either the linebacking or defensive line with their 22nd overall pick. A guy like T.J. Watt or Charles Harris could do wonders to shore up both units without necessarily being rushed into a starting position.

With Laremy Tunsil moving to the tackle position, Miami should also be looking to shore up the middle of the offensive line with some guards. Paving the way for Jay Ajayi should be the No. 1 priority with protecting Ryan Tannehill being almost as important. If the Dolphins solidify their offensive line and Tannehill doesn’t shoot the team in the foot, they can surprise.

Back
Top Bottom