Dolphins work out CFL offensive lineman Brian Simmons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins work out CFL offensive lineman Brian Simmons

Thanks for this post guys I was going through the same thing.
clear.gif

clear.gif

Obviously Simmons has no trouble overcoming obstacles in getting to this point. Would be a feel good story if he's capable.

Say what anyone will about Ireland, both Wake and now Thigpen would suggest he knows his way around CFL talent.

Solid point Vaark.

yes, who the hell would want a player like Cam Wake :rolleyes2: We should only play first round draft picks! Nobody else should be eligible for our roster!

Seems we always sign someone who has a "feel good story" and hope they pan out but they never do... Ie... Wilson. I cant remember the rest right now but I believe we have had 2 or 3 "feel good story" guys in camp the past 2 years who turned out to be garbage.
Obviously Simmons has no trouble overcoming obstacles in getting to this point. Would be a feel good story if he's capable.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Now if he could just translate that talent evaluation into college scouting we would be in a very good position.
Say what anyone will about Ireland, both Wake and now Thigpen would suggest he knows his way around CFL talent.

Seems we always sign someone who has a "feel good story" and hope they pan out but they never do... Ie... Wilson. I cant remember the rest right now but I believe we have had 2 or 3 "feel good story" guys in camp the past 2 years who turned out to be garbage.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Now if he could just translate that talent evaluation into college scouting we would be in a very good position.

Yeah.... completely ignore the fact that our BEST player was a feel good story, a acorn if you will. I guess that means nothing.

There are "feel good story" guys on every single team. They're "feel good story" because the media has nothing to write about during some part of the offseason so they try to find things to write about... Not complicated really...

According to his agent, Simmons has workout with six NFL teams and played every snap at LT last season.

Back
Top Bottom