Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I will believe it when I see it. I have little faith in anything put out there by Omar.

The Dolphins enter next week's draft having left the offensive line as the unit clearly in need of an upgraded.

However, it appears General Manager Jeff Ireland might not wait until next Thursday's NFL Draft to improve the unit.
According to league sources the Dolphins have had extensive talks with Kansas City about acquiring Branden Albert for a second-round pick, and team sources acknowledge a trade could be finalized before the draft.
Read more:http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...phins-0418-20130417,0,4041252.story?track=rss

I just don't see the logic in this move. Albert is going to want big money. Why not just draft a tackle in the second round, it would be a lot less money.

I'm not sure how i feel about this.

Feel bad - Albert improves the offense immensely but why not just trade up and get a really good linemen in the draft on the rookie pay scale if you want to get someone so desperately. Ugh.

The logic is sound. You don't want to use TWO PICKS FOR A LEFT TACKLE.....when you can use ONE PICK FOR A LEFT TACKLE. Simple reasoning really. It actually mind boggles that anyone can't reason that one out. ;)

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

I just don't see the logic in this move. Albert is going to want big money. Why not just draft a tackle in the second round, it would be a lot less money.

Thumper it's common sense. At pick 54 there will be no STARTING LEFT TACKLES AVAILABLE. And to get one of the top 3 it will cost use #12 AND #54. No brainer.:bobdole:

I completely agree, I REALLY hope this does not come to fruition. If we're going to sign any vet out there, ink John Abraham. A LT is not worth crippling the cap.

I TOTALLY agree. It would be the stupidest move possible. THIS is the smoke screen everyone is waiting on. It makes ZERO sense to trade for Alberts before the draft. If KC has Alberts on the team it is going to be difficult to convince chiefs nation that the #1 pick should be a LT. Their fans would be like ours if we still had Jake and decided to draft another LT, if we had the #1 overall pick. And if KC doesn't take a LT that is one less position we have to trade up to get one of the top LTs ourselves.

I don't think Alberts fits the ZBS, and he certainly isn't an upgrade over Long, yet we would have to pay him roughly the same while giving up a pick to do so. So in a sense it would be like trading Jake Long and a 2nd rd pick for Alberts. Does that sound like a good plan to you?? Not me. We let Long walk because we wanted to get younger and cheaper, Albert is neither of these.

You use 2 picks when you get a tackle that's better and a hell of a lot cheaper.
The logic is sound. You don't want to use TWO PICKS FOR A LEFT TACKLE.....when you can use ONE PICK FOR A LEFT TACKLE. Simple reasoning really. It actually mind boggles that anyone can't reason that one out. ;)

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Thumper it's common sense. At pick 54 there will be no STARTING LEFT TACKLES AVAILABLE. And to get one of the top 3 it will cost use #12 AND #54. No brainer.:bobdole:

Let's see, guys.......or the 54th pick (one pick)......or the 12th and 54th (two picks). :ponder:

Feel bad - Albert improves the offense immensely but why not just trade up and get a really good linemen in the draft on the rookie pay scale if you want to get someone so desperately. Ugh.

Because, it will cost more to move up to get one as good as Albert, and u know what u have with Albert, he's proven in the big leagues...

Because, it will cost more to move up to get one as good as Albert, and u know what u have with Albert, he's proven in the big leagues...

might as well have kept long at least u keep draft pickm

Back
Top Bottom