Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert

well i tell ya this if you put jordan at 43 de in base sets if i'm the oc we gonna run right at him as much as possible... and to line him up as a solb in base is a waste of all his athletic abilities and his ability to get upfield...you don't want that guy taking on and shedding and being strength at the poa as a 43 solb you want to take advantage of that guys explosion and burst gifts on the edge and the ability to drop in the flat and a soft zone and carry coverage down the field as a 34 olb...

i just think his pass rush is too raw for me to draft in the 43 at this stage...and again if i did it would be all about getting him on the field in the nickle as an edge rusher that can beat tackles with his burst and explosion and work on his polish...as a 34 olb he's an every down player from the jump...more bang for your buck

Hoops I agree with you in this, just stating how much this kid reminds me of JT. I'd love to be able to bring him in on passing downs and turn him loose next to Wake. Would be Aldon Smith/Bruce Irvin type player in his first year.

Knowing irelands love for what parcells does...probaly a d-lineman,.I HOPE ITS THE TE FROM NOTREDAME...OR THE SAFETY FROM TEXAS..:err::hump:

If we're going to overpay for a wearing down cornfed, we may as well have saved the pick and re-signed Wrong.

Knee slapper. Jake Wrong. Still as unfunny as the first time it was said

I think it's safe to say Albert, Eifert, Swope will be dolphins

Question is who do the Dolphins cut/trade to fit Albert's salary because I believe right now the Dolphins are about 9 million under the cap. Albert is going to want at least 9 million a year.

he's a situational rusher in a 43...too long and light to play a every down 43 de...and as a rusher he's got no polish at this stage...just a rediculous explosion and burst athlete that can flatten when he gains the corner after dipping the shoulder to the qb...plenty of upside...but best in a 2 point stance...ideal 34 olb

to each his own...

Do you remember Jason Taylor? Most of his career was in a 4- 3 and Jordan is build vey similar. You should watch tape of Jordan, he will be a dominant player no matter the defense. Situational pass rushers don't get selected at #2.

well she made the mike wallace deal...and unless i'm forgetting something that cap hit is $17 mil in 2014...FRANCHISE QB LEVEL...

they played a lot of these contracts forward...fine and dandy...til 2014 comes and one of em or more god forbid goes belly up...hartline ellerbe wallace all under $4 mil cap hits in 2013...the piper will be calling next offseason
Yes they are on the hook for 14 million for wallace next season but can easily cut him the following season if he sucks. Same with Ellerbe and Hartline. Miami set themselves up nice by being able to void these contracts after next season. Seriously, what is the likelihood that a team would give up on a player after one season? It is really a good contract and these guys are essentially on a two year deal.

Question is who do the Dolphins cut/trade to fit Albert's salary because I believe right now the Dolphins are about 9 million under the cap. Albert is going to want at least 9 million a year.

Bess, Carpenter.... possibly Patterson... no way Marshall and Patterson both stay at their salary next year

Hoops I agree with you in this, just stating how much this kid reminds me of JT. I'd love to be able to bring him in on passing downs and turn him loose next to Wake. Would be Aldon Smith/Bruce Irvin type player in his first year.

well he doesn't have aldon smiths or bruce irvins polish as a pass rusher coming out...but he does have those elite level tools...which means he's got a lot to work with and upside...i don't think jt had the same level burst and explosion coming out...and if you ask me the games a little different then it was in jt's hay day...

but if it's me i'm drafting that kid to play a 34 olb...every down...plug and play

hmmmm Tavon...... I don't want a CB first round.... Unless Miliner is there take Eifert
I love the idea of adding Eifert...gives Miami a big red zone target which they are lacking. The good thing is if they trade for Albert, they can probably try and trade down a few spots and STILL get eifert and pick up a pick. IF eifert is the target, my guess is he would not go in the top 15. From what I have read, he would be considered a reach at 12.

Back
Top Bottom