Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert

I don't like the move either. Draft another LT, or use Martin(he is supposed to be the guy anyways) or Garner if we have to. If a premium LT falls to 12, then take him, otherwise go for play makers.
Albert is not the answer IMHO.

Let's see, guys.......or the 54th pick (one pick)......or the 12th and 54th (two picks). :ponder:

I think this is pretty much the reason.

Ireland isn't worried about over spending this offseason, it's his make or break year...

Trade our 2'nd for Albert and draft a different position with our #12 overall and end up with 2 potential pro bowl starters...

Or trade our 2'nd to move up and use both picks to take a potential pro bowl starter who will be cheaper than Albert... yet we won't have that other player.

it's pretty clear to me. I say go for it...any lineman we pick up with either of our 2'nd round picks would NOT be as good a Albert, at least not right away by any stretch

Because, it will cost more to move up to get one as good as Albert, and u know what u have with Albert, he's proven in the big leagues...

His price tag will reflect that. And he's good but he's not elite or anything...yet he'll be getting paid like he's elite. Should of just kept Jake if we were going to do this.

Alberts is a LOT more expensive than Winston, and Winston would allow us to keep our picks. I would just as soon go into the season with Martin and Winston, and a 2nd rd tackle, than Alberts, and Martin. This is really pretty simple, can't understand those wanting to give up picks to get a player that is overpriced and doesn't fit what we are doing. It is EXACTLY like the, we can sign Brees for nothing, or get Daunte for a 2nd rd pick. We went the wrong way and have been paying for it ever since.

I think this is pretty much the reason.

Ireland isn't worried about over spending this offseason, it's his make or break year...

Trade our 2'nd for Albert and draft a different position with our #12 overall and end up with 2 potential pro bowl starters...

Or trade our 2'nd to move up and use both picks to take a potential pro bowl starter who will be cheaper than Albert... yet we won't have that other player.

it's pretty clear to me. I say go for it...any lineman we pick up with either of our 2'nd round picks would NOT be as good a Albert, at least not right away by any stretch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUcjawB_ihk&feature=youtube_gdata_player.

Given our curse of crapping out on 2nd round picks, I guess make the trade.

+ Extension $$$$.
the 2nd round pick isnt bad compensation for him, but its not that simple.. its 2nd rounder + extension. The extension numbers will be how you grade out this potential deal

Let's see, guys.......or the 54th pick (one pick)......or the 12th and 54th (two picks). :ponder:

That one is easy, TWO PICKS!!!! I would much rather use 12th and 54 to get a young stud that fits the ZBS and will cost next to nothing for 4 years, than to get a overpriced average LT that doesn't fit what we do.

Letting Long walk then trading for Alberts is the same as trading Long and a 2nd rd pick for Alberts. The fans would have thought that was the worst trade EVER, and SO DO I. If we trade for Alberts it will ruin everything we have done this offseason IMO.

:bobdole:

'I've got picks and money'

Last edited by a moderator:
That one is easy, TWO PICKS!!!! I would much rather use 12th and 54 to get a young stud that fits the ZBS and will cost next to nothing for 4 years, than to get a overpriced average LT that doesn't fit what we do.

Letting Long walk then trading for Alberts is the same as trading Long and a 2nd rd pick for Alberts. The fans would have thought that was the worst trade EVER, and SO DO I. If we trade for Alberts it will ruin everything we have done this offseason IMO.

If we would have signed Long with a huge deal people would bitch so it doesn't matter. If he can improve the team than i say do it, but to say if we trade for him ruins everything else is ridiculous.

A few things....
1. This is an Omar Kelly report.
2. I have not seen any other legit reporter say that the Fins are in talks with KC. Omar is the least of any of the local guys with connections.
3. I was correct IF this Omar report is true that this trade would be rekindled the week leading up to the draft and not weeks ago.
4. I have been an ardent supporter of making a bold deal for an OT. Branden Albert has been at the top of the list. However, I have also said that a #2 straight up for Albert is not fair for Miami. The reason being is the player will need a ample contract to go along with the compensation that is funneled toward KC. While he might not get as much as Jake Long because he is looking for security financially (he feels the need to get SOMETHING longterm now), it will still be good money. Therefore, KC must lower its demand of a 2. 3b or 4 is much more palatable IMO.
5. Finally, I have predicted that KC WILL in fact come of this #2 demand come next week. Andy Reid has no attachment to Albert, will want to start a fresh OT, does not want a distraction from Albert and Reid loves his picks on draft day.

This is a good thing. Albert is a solid pro with good feet, and although I was looking forward to Jonathan Martin growing at LT, he can manage well at RT.

I'm guessing teams were asking too much to move up for Joeckel or Fisher. Or maybe Ireland sees the light and wants to stay pat to draft Tyler Eifert..

Unless Albert signs an extension for like $6 mill a year or something this is beyond idiotic.

If you want Tannehill to succeed, protect him with one of the best pass blocking LT's in the game.

Back
Top Bottom