Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert

I like the trade. You get a proven tackle to protect Tannehill. That really clears up the #12 pick - Eifort. Then get the safety, CB and DE in the next three rounds. We have young tackles in development - this buys time until they're ready.

for 3b, I'd I'd do it, otherwise, let KC get realize they're going to be stuck with 2 LT's after the draft and see if the price comes down.

Just when I thought Jeff Ireland was starting to right the ship, he hits an iceberg.

I'm not sure how i feel about this.

Well I feel sick......it's a crap move IMHO, I'd rather trade-up to get one of the 3 stud LTs than trade a #2 for Albert :-(

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Unless Albert signs an extension for like $6 mill a year or something this is beyond idiotic.

Yup

everyone keeps forgetting that LONG is a broken down comodity. WAY to much of a risk to give him the deal he wanted.

long was never a GREAT pss protector in his prime and he was going to get worse as time went on. that situation raised its ugly head last year and long was a JOKE pass protecting, hell, playing at all last year. just way to much contract for a player CLEARLY on the decline.

my only hope with albert is the finz will use this oportunity to take BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE and that player will be TAYVON AUSTIN!!

the other glaring thing this tells me is JONATHAN MARTIN is another ireland bust pic. they already knew that long would probably not be here the next season and they wanted to groom him for the spot. but, martin didnt look good on the right side at all and didnt shine at LT either. if they thought there was ANY chance of martin being the guy at LT, we wouldnt even be talking about albert.

this is all just the typical ireland/finz merry go round. nothing great. could turn out ok, could turn out real bad.

but as of right now. alber is the better player over jake long and much less a risk shovelling money into.

If they do trade for Albert then I hope they draft Eifert, then they will be able to do some two TE sets down around the goal line just like new England does!!!!

Trading for guy with severe back injury, bad enough to cause him to miss 3 games. Buyer beware

If we would have signed Long with a huge deal people would bitch so it doesn't matter. If he can improve the team than i say do it, but to say if we trade for him ruins everything else is ridiculous.
Ok, I can feel you there. Maybe I over said what I was trying to get across. I was behind letting Jake walk because I thought I understood the direction of the team. If we trade for Alberts I now have to look at the Jake Long issue as a complete FAIL. The rest I still like, is that better?? You are correct, it doesn't affect the other signings.

I mean if we are going to do this, we probably should have resigned Jake Long, at least given him the franchise tag over Starks. We would have been able to keep our 2nd round pick, and it looks like one of the good DTs might fall to our spot. I'd rather just draft a guy in the 2nd round and let him and Martin battle it out, though.

everyone keeps forgetting that LONG is a broken down comodity. WAY to much of a risk to give him the deal he wanted.

long was never a GREAT pss protector in his prime and he was going to get worse as time went on. that situation raised its ugly head last year and long was a JOKE pass protecting, hell, playing at all last year. just way to much contract for a player CLEARLY on the decline.

my only hope with albert is the finz will use this oportunity to take BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE and that player will be TAYVON AUSTIN!!

the other glaring thing this tells me is JONATHAN MARTIN is another ireland bust pic. they already knew that long would probably not be here the next season and they wanted to groom him for the spot. but, martin didnt look good on the right side at all and didnt shine at LT either. if they thought there was ANY chance of martin being the guy at LT, we wouldnt even be talking about albert.

this is all just the typical ireland/finz merry go round. nothing great. could turn out ok, could turn out real bad.

but as of right now. alber is the better player over jake long and much less a risk shovelling money into.

Branden Albert has played 16 games only one time in his career.

No brainer....two options>
1 use #12 and #42 for a starting tackle or 2 give up a second rounder for a starting tackle PLUS u get Eifert!

Easy to have a knee-jerk reaction to this, but I'll withhold opinion until we see the final trade compensation and contract for Albert.

This story hasn't been broken by any other news outlet? How much stock is in this?

Back
Top Bottom