Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert

I just don't see the logic in this move. Albert is going to want big money. Why not just draft a tackle in the second round, it would be a lot less money.

who are you gonna draft in the 2nd that will be better than albert, who was one of the top LT (according to pft) last year.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Alberts is a LOT more expensive than Winston, and Winston would allow us to keep our picks. I would just as soon go into the season with Martin and Winston, and a 2nd rd tackle, than Alberts, and Martin. This is really pretty simple, can't understand those wanting to give up picks to get a player that is overpriced and doesn't fit what we are doing. It is EXACTLY like the, we can sign Brees for nothing, or get Daunte for a 2nd rd pick. We went the wrong way and have been paying for it ever since.

thats not even close to the comparison.

Until there is a more solid report or Miami makes this official, I'll approach this with caution, because, it's Omar Kelly reporting. For a 2nd round pick plus a big money deal, I'm skeptical; especially since he has had back issues throughout his career. To be honest I'd rather draft Armstead in round 2 and pass on Albert.

can we still afford Abraham after this? I think our first round pick is now down to Austin (long shot, probably taking swope) Eifert, DE, DT, or S.. unless Milliner fell to #12

This is a good thing. Albert is a solid pro with good feet, and although I was looking forward to Jonathan Martin growing at LT, he can manage well at RT.

I'm guessing teams were asking too much to move up for Joeckel or Fisher. Or maybe Ireland sees the light and wants to stay pat to draft Tyler Eifert..

Thank you! Took the words out of my mouth. Now we can get Eifert and our LT without giving up everything. Then all we need is Swope. If you all don't think that makes our offense potent enough to compete for the division....you are crazy.

The drop off after the top 3 left tackles is HUGE and none are expected to be there at 12. Therefore, it is obvious that Miami would need to look elsewhere. Secondly, I highly doubt Miami signs the guy to a huge contract as they have shelled out 4 big contracts this FA period already. Third, they will not make the trade until they have a contract worked out so they have leverage there. People really need to RELAX and let things play out. IMO, its a win-win. If they make the trade, it sets them with Alberts/Icognito/Pouncey/Jerry/Martin. That is a good Oline. If they don't we still have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Either way, the Fins look good. Stop complaining, no team hits on every signing, be happy Miami stepped up to the plate and improved the team instead of complaining about supposed failures.

fact is:

Albert + #12 pick > 1st round offensive lineman (assuming the 2nd would be used to move up)

fact is:

Albert + #12 pick > 1st round offensive lineman (assuming the 2nd would be used to move up)

#12 pick, #42 pick, #54 pick, no fat contract + Terron Armstead > Branden Albert or first round offensive lineman

if Albert trade is legit.... who is our first round pick?

omar kelly is reporting we are trading for Albert for one of our 2nds.. who do you think we would take in the first if this comes true? I would say Ansah or Jordan if either falls to us but if not Tyler Eifert!

Tyler Eifert Career highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw61TLNYN2w

I'm in between here. He fills a huge whole and anyone saying he isn't good doesn't know what their talking about.

On the other hand his price tag will be hefty and I'd be more willing to give up a 1st + to move up for Jockel or Lane. Others have flamed both moves, yet want some wonder kin in the 4th rd to come right in and start.

Albert be poopin' on every Phan's mashed potatoes if he comes here. Expect to be in the summer of relapse and sodomy if we do end up paying a fat contract.

Let's see, guys.......or the 54th pick (one pick)......or the 12th and 54th (two picks). :ponder:

you're forgetting one very important part.... the long term, high salaried contract. So it's a 2nd rounder AND a large contract for Albert

Back
Top Bottom