Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert

I still think this is some sort strategy. Make the teams above us realize we will go somewhere else instead of trading up with them. This hopefully forces them to take a late 2nd or maybe 3a to move up to their spot. Albert wouldn't be a bad move if for our 2B. I would offer our third. KC is as trapped in this as we are, they want Joeckel or Fisher which is obvious when they are tradi their starting Lt. We need to use this leverage. I'd wait til draft day to make this trade especially after they select Joeckel or Fisher. Then we'd have them by the balls

Sorry but I think the strategy was leaking our interest in the top tackles as leverage to get KC to lower their price.

After reading that article about Dawn Aponte I have confidence Miami won't put themselves in cap hell if they make this deal.

well she made the mike wallace deal...and unless i'm forgetting something that cap hit is $17 mil in 2014...FRANCHISE QB LEVEL...

they played a lot of these contracts forward...fine and dandy...til 2014 comes and one of em or more god forbid goes belly up...hartline ellerbe wallace all under $4 mil cap hits in 2013...the piper will be calling next offseason

That one is easy, TWO PICKS!!!! I would much rather use 12th and 54 to get a young stud that fits the ZBS and will cost next to nothing for 4 years, than to get a overpriced average LT that doesn't fit what we do.

Letting Long walk then trading for Alberts is the same as trading Long and a 2nd rd pick for Alberts. The fans would have thought that was the worst trade EVER, and SO DO I. If we trade for Alberts it will ruin everything we have done this offseason IMO.

Who says he doesn't fit out system? You?? If Ireland and philbin trade for him then I have to believe that he fits the system! Geez

well she made the mike wallace deal...and unless i'm forgetting something that cap hit is $17 mil in 2014...FRANCHISE QB LEVEL...

they played a lot of these contracts forward...fine and dandy...til 2014 comes and one of em or more god forbid goes belly up...hartline ellerbe wallace all under $4 mil cap hits in 2013...the piper will be calling next offseason

And if the cap stays steady like many believe it will over the next few years...... buckle your seatbelt

dion jordan is a 34 olb all the way...a 2 point stance player...not a rush with a hand in the dirt guy...him to miami makes no sense...any 34 team absolutely

I respect your opinion and we have had this discussion before.. but I really don't agree at all.. I think he is a guy who can play 3-4 OLB as easy as he can 4-3. His pad level is good for being 6'6.5, he stacks and sheds pretty well, and most of his sacks come from 3 point stance.. as seen in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEi7AB8yGI8 . I think he can play RE in a 4-3, SAM in a 4-3 and 3-4 OLB. I think we could actually use him like Von Miller is used in Denver... SAM lb in Base and DE in nickel... starting front 7 in base could be wake, soliaia, starks, odrick, wheeler, ellerbe, jordan... can mix some 3-4 looks in there as wel.. then in nickel have DL of Wake, Odrick, Starks, Jordan with Ellerbe and Wheeler at LB..... I think they end up signing Abraham and drafting Eifert at #12 anyway but I can deff see the fit

And if the cap stays steady like many believe it will over the next few years...... buckle your seatbelt

well ireland went all in...but like i tried to tell people when i started seeing those contracts if this doesn't work out ireland will be gone and who will pay the price for all these paying it forward contracts...the new gm and you and i as fans...

so just keep that in mind folks...and hope like hell this doesn't end up going bad on us...

How are they going to afford the 9 million + per year that Albert wants? He wants to be paid like a top 5 LT which he is not. They would have to cut/trade someone else with a good sized salary to be able to afford Albert. I don't like the idea of paying an OT more than 9 mil a year.

This would be brilliant! I see the plan. They are good to trade a 2nd or 3rd pick for Albert AND THEN trade down from 12 get the pick back and draft Tyler Eifert! BRILLIANT!

whats the difference if its a QB getting the money or wallace when our franchise QB is still on his rookie deal... it be a different story it tannehill was making franchise QB money

Sorry but I think the strategy was leaking our interest in the top tackles as leverage to get KC to lower their price.

Honestly I don't think the game is up. We can leverage all of them against each other. Waiting till draft day will be the trick. Force KC to make their pick before we trade for Albert. As soon as they pick Joeckel we have our deal for a 3rd in place, they need to drop him plus the price of his contract work against KC. We can leave the trade until Cleveland is picking and offer Clelveland the 3rd with our 1st to move up and if they say no turn that third into aAlbert

I respect your opinion and we have had this discussion before.. but I really don't agree at all.. I think he is a guy who can play 3-4 OLB as easy as he can 4-3. His pad level is good for being 6'6.5, he stacks and sheds pretty well, and most of his sacks come from 3 point stance.. as seen in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEi7AB8yGI8 . I think he can play RE in a 4-3, SAM in a 4-3 and 3-4 OLB. I think we could actually use him like Von Miller is used in Denver... SAM lb in Base and DE in nickel... starting front 7 in base could be wake, soliaia, starks, odrick, wheeler, ellerbe, jordan... can mix some 3-4 looks in there as wel.. then in nickel have DL of Wake, Odrick, Starks, Jordan with Ellerbe and Wheeler at LB..... I think they end up signing Abraham and drafting Eifert at #12 anyway but I can deff see the fit

he's a situational rusher in a 43...too long and light to play a every down 43 de...and as a rusher he's got no polish at this stage...just a rediculous explosion and burst athlete that can flatten when he gains the corner after dipping the shoulder to the qb...plenty of upside...but best in a 2 point stance...ideal 34 olb

to each his own...

I would be for this, depending on what we do in the first round. If our plan is to trade back and grab some extra picks, I'm all for it. If we trade up, I'm against it. If we pay him too much money, I'm against it. What we do in the draft is going to help me make up my mind.

he's a situational rusher in a 43...too long and light to play a every down 43 de...and as a rusher he's got no polish at this stage...just a rediculous explosion and burst athlete that can flatten when he gains the corner after dipping the shoulder to the qb...plenty of upside...but best in a 2 point stance...ideal 34 olb

to each his own...
On the Jordan front, he looks a lot like JT to me. He succeed at both. Jordan looks the same to me. A little leverage lessons and I think he could be a 4-3 end.

If the Wallace thing works out past the next two years just think of the deal we will be getting for in year 3,4,5.

Back
Top Bottom