Dolphins working to get Marshall more TDs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins working to get Marshall more TDs

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
DAVIE — Brandon Marshall is more obsessed with his numbers than any fantasy football addict, so the Miami Dolphins' star receiver is the first to point out he's on pace for a record-setting season.

That's why Marshall, who is on track to catch a career-high 107 passes for 1,344 yards, laughed at the perception he's not getting the ball enough in the Dolphins offense, and needs to have passes forced to him despite the double-coverage he regularly faces.

"More catches? More catches? I'm on track to have one of the best year's I've had," Marshall said. "Now I need to get some more touchdowns, but more catches? I'm (a) top five targeted receiver in the league."

Actually, only three receivers have been targeted more than Marshall, who leads the team with 47 receptions for 588 yards and one touchdown.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...notes-1105-20101104,0,2768475.story?track=rss

Talk is cheap.

That said, I do believe that Miami's offensive TD output will go up significantly in the second half of the season. Miami's played a handful of top scoring defenses (Including No. 1 Pittsburgh and No. 2 NYJ) in these first 8 games.

Talk is cheap.

That said, I do believe that Miami's offensive TD output will go up significantly in the second half of the season. Miami's played a handful of top scoring defenses (Including No. 1 Pittsburgh and No. 2 NYJ) in these first 8 games.

They have scored 20 plus points in the last two games so we are seeing them getting better at adding points and Sparano did say today no one should be happy with them not scoring TDs. So I seriously believe they are working on it.

Try not running wildcat and delayed draws, or making Polite Henne's first read

i would love to get Marshall his touchdowns, but how about getting touchdowns in general first before worrying about getting a certain individual his touchdowns.

I don't care if it's Marshall, Bess, Ronnie or someone on D... I just wanna seem some TD's scored by this team. Period.

Throw the damn fade to him in the endzone!

well never happen....red zone offense: run, run, check down to polite, carpenter fg. works everytime.

clear.gif

Try not running wildcat and delayed draws, or making Polite Henne's first read

Agreed, in fact passes to any of our RB's just don't seem to work. They all seem to just get tackled on the spot. It's like it's telegraphed or something.

Agreed, in fact passes to any of our RB's just don't seem to work. They all seem to just get tackled on the spot. It's like it's telegraphed or something.

The reason for this is because typically we have our RBs stay in and block. If they go out in the flat they almost always throw to them.

Why would we want to do something silly like score Touchdowns?? Our FG kicker is the best...
Maybe we should just kick a FG as soon as we get to the redzone so we dont waste any time...
I bet we could break a record for most FGs in a game....

Back
Top Bottom