Dolphins WR Leonte Carroo’s touchdown catch shows glimpse of potential | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins WR Leonte Carroo’s touchdown catch shows glimpse of potential

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
carroo.jpg

Carroo’s catch in the second quarter was further evidence that he’s turning things around in his second year with Miami. After his rookie season got so off track that the team designated him inactive for the last couple games, he devoted himself to a turnaround.
“I was very capable of making those plays last year, but with the hard work that I put in this offseason, my body feels better,” he said. “I feel faster, I feel stronger, so it made the play a lot easier for me.”
There’s also a different mentality. The biggest problem for Carroo was the depth chart, and he’s stopped caring about it.
dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/08/10/dolphins-wr-leonte-carroos-touchdown-catch-shows-glimpse-of-potential/

It is a good problem to have. I think actually this may be, as much as I hate to say it, bad news for Landry if Caroo steps up, I could not fathom letting Landry go, it would be another stupid move in a long list of stupid things this organization has done. But if he wants some ridiculous contract, I could see them letting him walk. You know what will happen - the next day he will be in a Patriots uniform.

Last edited:
It is a good problem to have. I think actually this may be, as much as I hate to say it, bad news for Landry if Caroo steps up, I could not fathom letting Landry go, it would be another stupid move in a long list of stupid things this organization has done. But if wants some ridiculous contract, I could see them letting him walk. You know what will happen - the next day he will be in a Patriots uniform.

Especially with New England's tendency to overpay for possession receivers.

Come on man. New England is much more likely to snag Drew Morgan and make him a star over signing Jarvis Landry to his contract demands.

Because he caught a nice pass in preseason? Regret paying Stills? A little premature I think.

The Dolphins are going to hurting for cap space with the Suh and Tannehill contracts, and having 3 wide receivers on big money isn't smartest idea. If Landry is franchise tagged for 2018, you're looking at basically 30 million in cap space on receivers alone. That's ridiculously stupid.

The Dolphins are going to hurting for cap space with the Suh and Tannehill contracts, and having 3 wide receivers on big money isn't smartest idea. If Landry is franchise tagged for 2018, you're looking at basically 30 million in cap space on receivers alone. That's ridiculously stupid.
I hear you but I think Parker could be the odd man out. He needs to have a big year or you don't invest heavily in his next contract so we have time before paying Caroo. If Parker and Caroo ball then yes we have a problem.

I hear you but I think Parker could be the odd man out. He needs to have a big year or you don't invest heavily in his next contract so we have time before paying Caroo. If Parker and Caroo ball then yes we have a problem.
I would say Landry is the odd man out, Parker is gonna be special

I'm starting to think about the compensation they'll get for losing Landry. Love him but if he wants top dollar then they need to move on from him.

Sometimes it takes a bit longer for a player to adjust to NFL and to fully comprehend a pro playbook. Carroo seems to be that guy. Having a coach like Gase who knows how to play to a players strengths is an NFL godsend. I hope Carroo continues with his improved play and finally begins to reach that potential that made him a 3rd round pick. He's strong, talented and has hands of glue. Got to play to that makeup.

Especially with New England's tendency to overpay for possession receivers.

Come on man. New England is much more likely to snag Drew Morgan and make him a star over signing Jarvis Landry to his contract demands.

Right it would more than likely play out like this. Jarvis leaves and gets paid by a team with a shitty QB situation, has a down year, signs with NE for peanuts because he wants to win, then becomes a bigger star than he is now. You're right NE would never pay him. They would have moved on from Welker when he was getting paid the franchise tag salary had Edelman not gotten hurt. Billy B. was already starting Edelman over Welker before Edelman went down. He hates paying WR's. On WEEI Boston they were always joking about how much it must have pissed Bill off when he read his teams salary numbers and Welker was 4th.

Which is why Cutler playing well spells the end for Tannehill. He delaying right now which hurts his readiness for next season.

Back
Top Bottom