Dolphins WR Leonte Carroo’s touchdown catch shows glimpse of potential

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Aug 11, 2017.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

[​IMG]
    dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/08/10/dolphins-wr-leonte-carroos-touchdown-catch-shows-glimpse-of-potential/

2. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

Carroo could make the Dolphins FO regret the Stills contract.

3. DKphin

It is a good problem to have. I think actually this may be, as much as I hate to say it, bad news for Landry if Caroo steps up, I could not fathom letting Landry go, it would be another stupid move in a long list of stupid things this organization has done. But if he wants some ridiculous contract, I could see them letting him walk. You know what will happen - the next day he will be in a Patriots uniform.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    VBCheeseGrater likes this.
  4. Spiff

Spiff Starter Finheaven VIP

"Ridiculous contract" and "Patriots uniform" usually don't go in the same sentence.

5. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

Because he caught a nice pass in preseason? Regret paying Stills? A little premature I think.

6. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Especially with New England's tendency to overpay for possession receivers.

Come on man. New England is much more likely to snag Drew Morgan and make him a star over signing Jarvis Landry to his contract demands.

Anvil35, MelbournePhin and Rugged Man like this.
  7. Yessir

The Dolphins are going to hurting for cap space with the Suh and Tannehill contracts, and having 3 wide receivers on big money isn't smartest idea. If Landry is franchise tagged for 2018, you're looking at basically 30 million in cap space on receivers alone. That's ridiculously stupid.

8. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

I hear you but I think Parker could be the odd man out. He needs to have a big year or you don't invest heavily in his next contract so we have time before paying Caroo. If Parker and Caroo ball then yes we have a problem.

CA Dolfan likes this.
  9. DKphin

I said "If"

10. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

I would say Landry is the odd man out, Parker is gonna be special

phish likes this.
  11. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

I'm starting to think about the compensation they'll get for losing Landry. Love him but if he wants top dollar then they need to move on from him.

NBP81, finomenal and WCUPUNK like this.
  12. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

Sometimes it takes a bit longer for a player to adjust to NFL and to fully comprehend a pro playbook. Carroo seems to be that guy. Having a coach like Gase who knows how to play to a players strengths is an NFL godsend. I hope Carroo continues with his improved play and finally begins to reach that potential that made him a 3rd round pick. He's strong, talented and has hands of glue. Got to play to that makeup.

13. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

Right it would more than likely play out like this. Jarvis leaves and gets paid by a team with a ****ty QB situation, has a down year, signs with NE for peanuts because he wants to win, then becomes a bigger star than he is now. You're right NE would never pay him. They would have moved on from Welker when he was getting paid the franchise tag salary had Edelman not gotten hurt. Billy B. was already starting Edelman over Welker before Edelman went down. He hates paying WR's. On WEEI Boston they were always joking about how much it must have pissed Bill off when he read his teams salary numbers and Welker was 4th.

14. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

Which is why Cutler playing well spells the end for Tannehill. He delaying right now which hurts his readiness for next season.

Yessir likes this.
  15. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

It did this year. Gilmore got a ton of money.

16. Yessir

When the Patriots splurge on a player, it's usually for a defensive starter. Never with an offensive skill position guy...cuz Brady is gonna be GOATin regardless of who's out there.

17. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Not Quite A Shredder Finheaven VIP

Everyone's worst nightmare, but not if he's still demanding 16 million or whatever it is on the way out....they don't sign guys like that either.

18. WCUPUNK

WCUPUNK Active Member

i'm in the same boat. he and Wake are my two favorite players on the roster, but it seems to be becoming more a reality he will not be in a Dolphins uniform next season. Tannehill's injury and dropping $10m on Cutler hit us hard in the roll over cap for next year and demands we have been hearing of $15m a season seem to kill it. i really think we tag him and try to trade him for a 1st rounder.

19. Andyman

Andyman Canadian Fin Fan

"Stupid" would also be paying him north of $12 million a year for a slot receiver that is not a TD producer. You have to weigh these things.

20. Andyman

Andyman Canadian Fin Fan

1. You cannot trade a tagged player UNLESS he has signed his tender.
    2. No team is going to pay him 8 figures and give up a first rounder as well.

21. WCUPUNK

WCUPUNK Active Member

its rare but it happens. Matt Cassell, Joey Galloway, Jared Allen. Landry is a well respected player in the NFL, it could easily happen.

22. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

So if Parker played for say the Ravens and had played like he did year one and two and then had a decent but not great year three would you be against the Dolphins pursuing him in Free Agency? Regardless of the year Parker has you make him the appropriate offer based on what you think he's worth and will be worth during the length of the new contract.

23. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Mine is more so a projection of the year I think he will have. If he doesn't blow up sure let's pay landry

24. BlueFin

Slow down...he's been labeled a bust by most of this board during his rookie year....just as we shouldn't have jump to conclusions then....we shouldn't after one good catch.

25. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

Can't we just trade Stills for Sammy Watkins? Darn it we missed the boat. Watkins, Parker and Landry would have been my dream receiving corp.

26. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

The kid was a damn good WR at Rutgers, so I was really surprised by last year. Really hope it was just him getting adjusted to the NFL.

Beach Bum 91 likes this.
  27. BlueFin

Clearly Watkins can't stay healthy

28. BenchFiedler

BenchFiedler Undrafted Pro-Bowler

C'Mon Man! Different styles of players

finomenal likes this.
  29. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

Nah, he's a bust. Confirmed last year by FinHeaven analysts.

JakeemThe Dream likes this.
  30. Beach Bum 91

Beach Bum 91 Water Boy

I am going to thank Kenny Stills for Carroo's improvement. Carroo said that Still's really took him under his wing this off-season and taught him how to be a pro. Not taking anything away from the hard work Carroo has put in, but Still's has helped him lose weight by introducing him to Pilates and helping him eat right, etc. Still's has been a great mentor and is a huge asset in the WR room. I am not sure what happened in New Orleans with Brees, etc., but I am sure glad he is on our team now. He's making a difference and should be really proud of himself!

JakeemThe Dream, finomenal and Buddy like this.
  31. JakeemThe Dream

JakeemThe Dream A True Fan

Ya what Kenny has done for the Dolphins as an organization truly shows this is where he wants to be. As I said many times before, I got/get autographs for years to sell. Kenny truly seems like he has bought into everything that Miami and the Dolphins have to offer. Seeing Kenny as a Saint, really opened my eyes to how much he disliked something about that team. He treats the Dolphin fanbase like gold which I think is great because meeting a football player from your favorite team can obviously make many fans day. I share your praise when speaking so highly of him. 3-4 years ago he was a guy I literally got into an argument with while he was at the team hotel in Tampa (Marriott Waterside) and today he seems like the happiest and one of the hardest workers on the team. Stills has been training to be a football player his whole life as I'm sure his Dad pushed him a little harder like many pro athletes parents do. He knows the receiver position extremely well and is apparently showing the young guys how it's done. That's a lot of responsibility for a young 25 year old and I couldn't be prouder to have him on our squad. Like this story shows, some guys just need a 2nd chance to succeed. Thanks a ton Kenny!! PHINS UP!!!

Beach Bum 91 and finomenal like this.
  32. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

Word?
    [​IMG]
    Don't tease us. We need details, sir. [​IMG]

33. BenchFiedler

BenchFiedler Undrafted Pro-Bowler

Who called the timeout during the first play of the preseason game to avoid a penalty. Landry has that "it" factor that no one can coach/teach.

34. JakeemThe Dream

JakeemThe Dream A True Fan

Haha lol Kenny was with his father (complete ****) who was an ex football player. At the time, I had no idea his pops played in the league. Basically while everyone was signing throughout the day they arrived (Brees, Armstead, about 30 guys in total signed which is a good day in autograph terms), Stills came down the elevator with his father and of course the fans were asking for Kenny to come over to sign. If you've ever been to the Marriott Waterside in Tampa you'd understand the setup more and realize how the lobby is which is very important to the story. Kenny sat down in the lobby (which is about 20 feet from where you're allowed to get autographs) and said in a little bit which is something we're very accustomed to hearing so we all left him alone until his father came over and started raising his voice and telling the fans Kenny's not signing or taking pictures because we aren't fans of his and he doesn't owe the Saints or fanbase anything (I'm not but I felt horrible for the real Saints fans and little kids waiting all day). I've met Michael Jordan, Marino, Lebron, Dwade, guys like that. So to hear a 5th rd pick WR be so snobbish really ruffled the true Saints fans up and even made a little kid cry which really pissed me off. So when Kenny walked by and rudely said "don't even ask", I told him "don't worry **** we really don't give a $hit about a receiver who scored 3 Tds anyways." Stills and his father freaked out and started getting very personal arguing with me and my brother to the point his father started getting aggressive and that's when I realized he really hated New Orleans. I've been around a lot of NFL guys and to see the pure disgust he had with the saints was a bit of a shock until a season later and he's a Dolphin lol For me to see how much he's evolved in many aspects really is shocking to me. It's pretty funny how he went from one guy I couldn't stand to well he's on my team so let's give him a shot to liking him lol Little did I know he was going to score 9 tds for us and become a damn good leader. Nothing too crazy just back and forth for a few mins. I still think to this day he and Brees had some serious unresolved issues as well as being extremely unhappy as a Saint. It's one of those "you have to be there" stories to understand what Kenny was like. Saying all that, I couldn't be more happy with him as a Dolphin and seeing how much he has changed. Stupid story I wish never happened in hindsight lol