DolphinTodd Draft Board | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DolphinTodd Draft Board

dolphintodd

Club Member
Reaction score
This is assuming 4 QBs go before 11, leaving 7 players on this board(we have to get one of these players). If 4 QBs do not go before 11, then a QB is available to be picked.

1. Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State (obvious fit)
2. Quentin Nelson, OG, Notre Dame (film was amazing)
3. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama (hard to see him falling to 11)
4. Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA (would like this pick and that's w/Quinn)
5. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (would love it but do not see him getting to us)
6. Derwin James, S, Florida State Seminoles
7. Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
----------------------------------------------------------
Wild Cards would be the defensive tackles so they can trade or let go Suh next year:
Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama Crimson Tide
Vita Vea, DT, Washington Huskies

Davenport is ranked a lot higher than I would have him.

I could see flipping 4 and 5. I like Davenport a lot,I could see it being our pick if a QB is not there.

This is assuming 4 QBs go before 11, leaving 7 players on this board(we have to get one of these players). If 4 QBs do not go before 11, then a QB is available to be picked.

1. Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State (obvious fit)
2. Quentin Nelson, OG, Notre Dame (film was amazing)
3. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama (hard to see him falling to 11)
4. Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA (would like this pick and that's w/Quinn)
5. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (would love it but do not see him getting to us)
6. Derwin James, S, Florida State Seminoles
7. Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
----------------------------------------------------------
Wild Cards would be the defensive tackles so they can trade or let go Suh next year:
Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama Crimson Tide
Vita Vea, DT, Washington Huskies

Most years a guy like Davenport would definitely be on the list. Rush ends are hard to find. But after drafting Harris, trading for Quinn, extending Branch and still having Wake....how many DEs can you play/play?

Picking a guy like TJ Watt last year would have looked real nice right now, especially after trading for Quinn.

It is probably wakes last season and branch can be released next year and he plays the same side as wake. Seems like a good fit Harris and Davenport long term

IME, Harris being drafted in the first round last year doesnt factor in my DE decisions, honestly....

IME, Harris being drafted in the first round last year doesnt factor in my DE decisions, honestly....

Then why spend a 1st round pick on him?

You either do that with conviction bc you think he's the future Wake, or you draft BPA at another position. Otherwise, it's a wasted pick.....which feeds into my point about this team/FO not having an identity or plan.

We will see with Harris, but I do not let getting Quinn affect my draft board, most likely just a 2 year rental.

A couple of wildcards who could be in the mix:

Rashaan Evans, LB Alabama
Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama
Lamar Jackson, Louisville
Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
Josh Jackson, Iowa

• Evans can lay the lumber, play the run and the pass and gives a team some versatility.
  • Ridley starts to make some sense now that Landry is gone and Parker has been injured so much. Doubt Miami goes wide receiver that early, but you never know.
  • Lamar Jackson is a role the dice, but Gase's best attribute may be his work with quarterbacks and Jackson is loaded with talent. He has a long way to go, but can wait a year behind Tannehill.
  • Rudolph is a quarterback who I think will pick up steam and end up in the first round. He may not get past Arizona's pick.
  • Josh Jackson would give Miami a potential shutdown corner to compete with Tankersley.

A couple of wildcards who could be in the mix:

Rashaan Evans, LB Alabama
Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama
Lamar Jackson, Louisville
Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
Josh Jackson, Iowa

• Evans can lay the lumber, play the run and the pass and gives a team some versatility.
  • Ridley starts to make some sense now that Landry is gone and Parker has been injured so much. Doubt Miami goes wide receiver that early, but you never know.
  • Lamar Jackson is a role the dice, but Gase's best attribute may be his work with quarterbacks and Jackson is loaded with talent. He has a long way to go, but can wait a year behind Tannehill.
  • Rudolph is a quarterback who I think will pick up steam and end up in the first round. He may not get past Arizona's pick.
  • Josh Jackson would give Miami a potential shutdown corner to compete with Tankersley.

If Miami drafts a cornerback in the first three rounds I will absolutely flip a ****ing ****.

If Miami drafts a cornerback in the first three rounds I will absolutely flip a ****ing ****.
I kind of agree, but if Dinka is still there, you would have too,look long and hard, cause he really is a game changer.

But yeah, our DBS are basically our strongest unit.

Back
Top Bottom