Dominant Jordan Phillips of Miami Dolphins: ‘I can play better’ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dominant Jordan Phillips of Miami Dolphins: ‘I can play better’

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
We can only hope. A dominant Phillips would make a good DL that much better.:thumbsup

853172824.jpg

It’s early in the fourth quarter in Atlanta and the Dolphins are trailing the Falcons by three.
Matt Ryan hands the ball to Devonta Freeman and here comes Jordan Phillips, a 6-feet-6, 333-pound defensive tackle.
Phillips tosses aside a Falcons left guard as if he was a trash can on wheels, corrals Freeman by the legs and stops the running back for no gain, as Andre Branch swoops in to finish off the play.
Phillips begins pumping his arms and pounding his chest, as he should.
Because after two seasons of mostly underachieving, Phillips seems ready to dominate.
“I see a guy who every snap he’s out there, he’s playing hard,” Miami coach Adam Gase said Wednesday. “It was really impressive last week to see – in that second half, especially. He made two or three plays right in a row.”
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...phillips-of-miami-dolphins-i-can-play-better/

Good sometimes it's takes being cut, traded, or the threat of being or traded to light a fire under some guys arse to make him come to work each and every day.

Phillips has always flashed...there were plays last year where he looked like a man among boys, but they were rare, but you could see he had it in him. The general consensus is it takes D-lineman a few year to develop into NFL players, players like Suh and Donald are freaks so they show year one, but for the most part, it holds true.

Phillips has always had a freaky skillset, but his issue has been effort and motivation...if he can show consistent effort, Miami could have the making of a dominant 2 deep interior d-line.

I'm sorry but football is becoming more and more silly to me. Lol bless you all

I think the writer needs to watch that play again and not be so emotional about his description of Phillips' efforts

Edit: it was a good play by Phillips, but I wouldn't describe it at the level the writer did

Phillips was a beast last game, he's got a ton of talent, he could be the key to making this defense elite.

We have heard this all before, motivation, effort....etc. I motivate my son to do his home work and try to take school seriously, but guess what...he's nine. If you have to motivate a grown man to do his job and do it well we're not talking about motivation anymore, we are talking about attitude. The attitude to be great, the attitude to want to be the best, the attitude to being indispensable to your team, and finally the attitude of wanting to be PAID. I hope Phillips is ready to turn it around, I really do, but he has the gift of saying all the right things at the right time. Gase says he's working his butt off in practice, and Suh continues to speak highly of him, this is great, I really mean that. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he is coming off an injury and some of my more learned friends have stated that the position take a couple of years to master....fair enough. If Phillips can elevate his game, we would have one of the more dominant need I say intimidating Dlines in the league. I envisioned this when we drafted him, that's why I was so hard on him.

Im always satisfied to see one of our guys who has struggled or just gotten called out alot play well. Seems like we could end up with formidable players all across the dline on every snap!

competition on the line will bring out the best of a DT, imo...phillips knows we have some good young hungry guys, and his contract is going to come due....

we'll see more flashes from him this season i do believe

Flashes are god but what I want to see is consistency in every game. He has the talent but so far it hasn't click for more than one play a week or so

Ozzy rules!!

Forget the past, just play dominating football right now. I think the light may have gone on for #97. I recall pre-draft where they were saying that Phillips can do a back flip from a standing position. An athlete like that,at his size, could become a very scary player. Unleash him against the Jets on Sunday!! It's just nice to see a positive on the Jordan Phillips front.

He is possibly another example of knee jerkers writing him off to quickly and failing to see sometimes patience with young talented players pays off.

Back
Top Bottom