Donald Thomas back in time for regular season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Donald Thomas back in time for regular season?

nosleep

Resident GIF Maker
Reaction score
So, Donald Thomas has a torn pectoral. I did some searching to try and find a similar case to see what a realistic expectation is for him to get back on the field. I found that in 2004, William Joseph tore his pectoral right after the draft, had surgery and was well enough to play the first regular season game of that season.

Using Joseph as an example, I think we will see Donald Thomas starting the first game of the season. Thoughts?

I think he will be, but he wont be the starter.. Whats up with this guy and injuries.. Hes strong but hes always getting injured...either that or hes trying too hard

Yeah but Ricky got injured against the Steelers, in the middle of the season.

I think Ricky Williams had the same injury in 07 and was out for the season...
Ricky's injury happened in his first game back against Pittsbugh which was in late November. There was no way he was going to have surgery, rehab and be back for any of the remaining four or five games.

yeah I know, its not a season ending injury I know. I was just referring to Ricky having the same injury...

Whether Thomas can be back in time for the regular season opener depends on the severity of the injury and if it required surgery. I may have missed it but I don't recall him having surgery. If he doesn't require surgery then it may just be a partial tear or strain and will only needs to be immobilized and rested before rehab begins.

I remember Allen Bailey tearing his pectoral muscle for the Canes pretty late last offseason and he was able to come back in time for the game against the Gators. With Thomas though, he didn't get much PT last year anyways due to his injury. They will probably work him back slow and we may not see him for the first couple games. I just hope we don't have a "bubble boy" on our hands here. I really liked what the veteran players were saying about this guy last year around this time.

Ricky tore his Pec in week 12, only 5 weeks left in the season.

Pectoralis tear can mean anything from essentially a strain to a complete transection. Location of the tear is also important. He is not having surgery, it's probably not a complete tear. Sparano didn't say he tweeked or sprained it so the injury is likely in the middle of the spectrum. Just making up numbers, I would suspect it would take to 4-8 weeks to scar down. Another 4-8 weeks to get back up to strength. I would think he would be about ready to go by the end of August.

It sounds like he may be back for the start of the regular season. It will be seen whether he will be at full strenth at that time.

Donald Thomas will be good depth once hes healthy

Thomas is the best OLman in the league. By midseason he will have made Steve Hutchenson and Alan Fanica look like PeeWee Herman. With Thomas on the field we don't need but 4 lineman b/c he can block 2 by himself.
Yes he is that bad, so don't let me EVER hear you disrespecting him. He knows where you live, he knows if you've been sleeping, he knows if your awake, he knows if you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake. Yes he is also Santa Claus!!! :hump:

I may be wrong, but if i remember correctly than the guys on FinsTv (check it on Aquavision) said that they are hoping that Thomas makes it back on the field till TC.
(wich would be awesome)

Back
Top Bottom