Donald Thomas put 355-pound Paul Soliai on his back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Donald Thomas put 355-pound Paul Soliai on his back

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'd pay to see this, it must have been something, haven't heard anyone doing this this camp..

It's true. Donald Thomas is really starting to come along. During the team portion, he put 355-pound Paul Soliai on his back with a pancake block.

Please don't let this guy be injury prone.. I want to see that all season long..

Miami Dolphins: Some additional items from Tuesday's practice

Additional information.

Believe me when I tell you Donald Thomas was eating up defensive linemen on Tuesday. And I'm not just talking about the second and third teamers. Imagine he's Pac Man and the defensive linemen were those little white dots Pac Man eats. That's exactly how he looked during Tuesday's one practice session, but he thought he played horrible when I talked to him afterwards.

"I'm playing football, but I'm not playing football well. It's a lot of stuff I need to work on," Thomas said. "I had a couple of missed assignments and just have to clean them up. ... I make three good plays then have one horrible one. That's the type of stuff that leads to sacks and holding calls. I can't have that."

I suspect the Dolphins might hold him out of the first exhibition game, or two. But I think he's the opening day starter. Looking at him and comparing him to the other right guard prospects was like watching Chad Pennington's legendary first practice with the team and comparing him to what I'd seen from the other camp QBs before his arrival. There's a drastic difference. The Dolphins just need him to stay healthy.

Fresh Phins - Miami Dolphins practice (Day 10, morning)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would get excited but leverage is a funny thing. I weighed 150 lbs and threw a 350+ guy down with one shoulder. If you get under someone's pads that's all it takes. I mean I'm not saying hey Donald Thomas isn't good or anything just know that all it takes to knock one on their *** is the proper angle and underneath leverage. Hope he does it to all the players he faces during the season though.

There was a post earlier this year. and it was stating that Thomas was handiling Jenkins 1 V 1 and he won most of them

I would get excited but leverage is a funny thing. I weighed 150 lbs and threw a 350+ guy down with one shoulder. If you get under someone's pads that's all it takes. I mean I'm not saying hey Donald Thomas isn't good or anything just know that all it takes to knock one on their *** is the proper angle and underneath leverage. Hope he does it to all the players he faces during the season though.
Obviously, but everyone who has ever played the game in the trenches from about the 8 grade level or up knows it's all about leverage, and positon, Soliai also. That is the point, both understand leverage, but Thomas was still able to out postion Solai to the point he was able to gain the leverage to put him down.

of course he is a stud he is a parcells player

I can't help but want to root for J.D. Folsom.

id pay to see a 150lb guard throw any defensive lineman in the league around..

I wouldn't read into this too much if its just this lone occurrence. Both players are very talented and just have to work on technique and get some invaluable in-game experience. I expect big things out of Thomas this year (Soliai, not so much). all we can do is just hope that he stays healthy, or at least make it past the first dam game.

_donaldthomas-1.jpg

There was a post earlier this year. and it was stating that Thomas was handiling Jenkins 1 V 1 and he won most of them
Their should of been alot of them after the 1st Jets game last year.Jenkins was getting pushed around most the game by him.

Then all we saw all year was Jenkins push everyone else around lol If Thomas can stay healthy he will be going to many Pro Bowls.

Their should of been alot of them after the 1st Jets game last year.Jenkins was getting pushed around most the game by him.

Then all we saw all year was Jenkins push everyone else around lol If Thomas can stay healthy he will be going to many Pro Bowls.

If Thomas can stay healthy then our running game will be incredible

Imagine how much better we would have looked against Baltimore with a healthy Smiley, Grove and Thomas inside, instead of some of the scrubs we had there who sucked.

Back
Top Bottom