Donald Thomas Worship | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Donald Thomas Worship

Rev Kev

Tank for Tua Apologist
Club Member
Reaction score
On this site is un-called for..., just saying..., the guy has done..., um..., that's right nothing..., so before we have his bust made for the HOF...

Let's see exactly what we got..., because if he starts next year at G..., and that is no sure thing.... then he is still a Rook in my books... who walked on in University..., certainly he has not met his ceiling but really no one knows what we have here...

Carey could be helped by having soemone who knows waht he is doing next to him..., so don't be surprised if this is addressed in FA and/or the Draft...

I wouldn't write anything except that it is peeving me off how often I read about this guys heroics...

How can you call him a bust already he had a solid game against the jets Week 1 then got hurt and is out for the season so i dont see how he is a bust the other RGs we have are a bust

How can you call him a bust already he had a solid game against the jets Week 1 then got hurt and is out for the season so i dont see how he is a bust the other RGs we have are a bust

Didn't call him a bust, re-read...,please... :unsure:

Im laughing at this thread because it came from nowhere.

But.....I do feel your point. Thomas does recieve a gang of credit for doing pretty much nothing. He let the Jet's defense push him so hard that it cracked his foot.

I think alot of people were impressed with the assessments given to him by such veterans such as Ferguson. The head coach loves the kid and I do expect for him to reclaim his position at guard next year during camps.

Im laughing at this thread because it came from nowhere.

But.....I do feel your point. Thomas does recieve a gang of credit for doing pretty much nothing. He let the Jet's defense push him so hard that it cracked his foot.

I think alot of people were impressed with the assessments given to him by such veterans such as Ferguson. The head coach loves the kid and I do expect for him to reclaim his position at guard next year during camps.

Not From nowhere..., XXX i saw twice today people saying how Vernon would be immediately improved by Thomas play..., a Thomas who knows very little about his opposition... so this is all pure speculation... I hope the guy rocks but really do we know that...?

Not From nowhere..., XXX i saw twice today people saying how Vernon would be immediately improved by Thomas play..., a Thomas who knows very little about his opposition... so this is all pure speculation... I hope the guy rocks but really do we know that...?

No we don't know that. Maybe because of Carey's preseason performance with Thomas by his side is what make people think his play would improve. Thomas was said to be a diamond in the rough. I think Sparano could polish him up if thats the case.

However, i would be mad if they picked up a stud Olineman or two in the draft. Especially if Pennington is with us as the starter next year. He could benefit from some outstanding protection....what u think?

On this site is un-called for..., just saying..., the guy has done..., um..., that's right nothing..., so before we have his bust made for the HOF...

Let's see exactly what we got..., because if he starts next year at G..., and that is no sure thing.... then he is still a Rook in my books... who walked on in University..., certainly he has not met his ceiling but really no one knows what we have here...

Carey could be helped by having soemone who knows waht he is doing next to him..., so don't be surprised if this is addressed in FA and/or the Draft...

I wouldn't write anything except that it is peeving me off how often I read about this guys heroics...

Finally. I was saying the same thing after he got injured and everyone was talking about what a huge blow it was.

Didnt our line play improve immediately after he went down? Granted, the run blocking lately has been less than stellar, however didnt we break out with big running games vs. the Pats and Chargers AFTER this supposed future pro-bowler got injured?

Also, he seemed to be claiming it was a minor injury and that he could play soon after he was hurt. Seems fishy to me the team placed him on IR. I sense it was just a way to sit him for the rest of the year and get him some more practice later on before throwing him back out there.

But, now weeks later yet again everyone is talking about how great a player this guy is based of like one or two weeks of less than stellar play and a few articles written during camp. A couple guys that he lined up against talk about how strong he is and all of the sudden he is the steal of the year on our OL. :rolleyes:

Finally. I was saying the same thing after he got injured and everyone was talking about what a huge blow it was.

Didnt our line play improve immediately after he went down? Granted, the run blocking lately has been less than stellar, however didnt we break out with big running games vs. the Pats and Chargers AFTER this supposed future pro-bowler got injured?

Also, he seemed to be claiming it was a minor injury and that he could play soon after he was hurt. Seems fishy to me the team placed him on IR. I sense it was just a way to sit him for the rest of the year and get him some more practice later on before throwing him back out there.

But, now weeks later yet again everyone is talking about how great a player this guy is based of like one or two weeks of less than stellar play and a few articles written during camp. A couple guys that he lined up against talk about how strong he is and all of the sudden he is the steal of the year on our OL. :rolleyes:

I don't won't to hurt his ego (sorry if you are reading this Donald)but we all want a steal in the 7th round..., I think young Murphy could surge ahead next year from his opportunity to practice everyday..., and play time however limited..., we'll see...

What are you guys talking about? He is a first ballot HOF and he also played though the whole second half after he duct taped his foot back on and no one noticed.

I must agree with the OP. I have hope that Thomas may develop into a solid G, but he is all athletics and upper body strength right now and very short on experience and lower body strength. He's going to need lots of snaps to get the experience he needs to develop, and his injury makes building that lower body strength very tough. So the OP calling him a rookie in his book ... sounds about right to me. Even if he does develop nicely and quickly, don't expect him to have a G spot sewn up.

Personally, I think Jake Long's stellar rookie season will see Justin Smiley moved back to RG next year and the open G spot will be the LG spot ... meaning whomever wins that spot will need to be a good pass protector. Thomas certainly has the tools for it, but isn't good enough at it to start until he makes some major improvements. That only comes with experience--which is exactly what he is lacking.

Donald Thomas hadn't developed into a solid starter when he was injured. He was simply a very raw rookie who was making very good strides. I hope that continues, but he's no lock to start.

No we don't know that. Maybe because of Carey's preseason performance with Thomas by his side is what make people think his play would improve. Thomas was said to be a diamond in the rough. I think Sparano could polish him up if thats the case.

However, i would be mad if they picked up a stud Olineman or two in the draft. Especially if Pennington is with us as the starter next year. He could benefit from some outstanding protection....what u think?

he would also benefit from having a stronger arm. Hence the name: "noodle arm":lol:

You would or wouldn't be mad if we bolstered the line..., sounds like you would be happy to bolster the line..., I would be delighted to dictate the play to our opponent rather than the opposite... Sure keeps the "D" fresh... And fresh d backs don't look so bad when they only have to play 20 minutes because your Offense is mashing the opponents "D"

What are you guys talking about? He is a first ballot HOF and he also played though the whole second half after he duct taped his foot back on and no one noticed.

And someone was reporting earlier that Donald was voted to the all rook team with Jake Long for mid-point performance... go figure :rolleyes:

Where the heck did this come from? I'm still not completely certain halft he posters even know who he is. HE was playing well before the injury, and, hopefully he can continue to do so.

Back
Top Bottom