Donald Thomas Worship | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Donald Thomas Worship

Since you didn't take the time to read through the posts..., it's about Vernon's play at RT..., Samson's oplay at C and the future..., next year you still have an untested Rook at RG... or you go find someone...

Actually I did read the posts, so on to something else. I understand what he is saying and I agree that with Thomas back next year it will help Carey and Samson, but im just replying to the opening post. Its nothing against anyone I just dont understand why people always have to find something negative to say abpout players. All you have heard is the FO is very pleased with his play and they do think he is the future at RG.

Actually I did read the posts, so on to something else. I understand what he is saying and I agree that with Thomas back next year it will help Carey and Samson, but im just replying to the opening post. Its nothing against anyone I just dont understand why people always have to find something negative to say abpout players. All you have heard is the FO is very pleased with his play and they do think he is the future at RG.

OK then... The opening poster was me and why does everything have to beeither + or - ..., it's reality... we have a depleted Oline... we started with few legit backups and we need to upgrade everywhere but LT..., RT may be suffering due to the interiorsincostsistency and C is erratic too..., we are one injury away from mush...

OK then... The opening poster was me and why does everything have to beeither + or - ..., it's reality... we have a depleted Oline... we started with few legit backups and we need to upgrade everywhere but LT..., RT may be suffering due to the interiorsincostsistency and C is erratic too..., we are one injury away from mush...

I didnt mean to attack you or anything like that, but I do agree with most of this. I do agree we are one injury away from being in serious trouble, and that the trouble at RT and C is maybe because of incostsistency of the RG. Again I didnt mean to attack you or anything like that:up:

Have you thought that maybe it speaks volumes that Thomas was the opening starter and that is why people are so high on him, on this team, with our head coach, who was a Oline coach with Parcells at the helm, considering all of out other draft picks such as Merling Long and Langford, all of whom seem to be the future of our team?

Don't you think there is reason to believe that our coaching staff adequately evaluated him as a starter because he was the best man for the job? You are strictly looking at him as a rookie that got hurt whereas everyone else looks at him as talented enough and GOOD ENOUGH to be dubbed the starter from pretty much day one. I believe it was about the 2nd day of training camp that Sparano and Co. declared him the starter and never looked back since. Also at that point they pretty much made it known that they were not looking at open competition at the RG position after that day. That speaks volumes from this coaching staff in what they believe they have in this player.

Has anyone declared he is there, or where he needs to be? Obviously not. But people feel that there is every reason to believe that he can be a good starter for us in the very near future. If that is too far fetched to accept at this point for you, then I apologize. But dont jump down everyone's throat because they see a lot of good in Thomas because of all the reasons above I mentioned.

I didnt mean to attack you or anything like that, but I do agree with most of this. I do agree we are one injury away from being in serious trouble, and that the trouble at RT and C is maybe because of incostsistency of the RG. Again I didnt mean to attack you or anything like that:up:

likewise bro... :hi5:

Have you thought that maybe it speaks volumes that Thomas was the opening starter and that is why people are so high on him, on this team, with our head coach, who was a Oline coach with Parcells at the helm, considering all of out other draft picks such as Merling Long and Langford, all of whom seem to be the future of our team?

Don't you think there is reason to believe that our coaching staff adequately evaluated him as a starter because he was the best man for the job? You are strictly looking at him as a rookie that got hurt whereas everyone else looks at him as talented enough and GOOD ENOUGH to be dubbed the starter from pretty much day one. I believe it was about the 2nd day of training camp that Sparano and Co. declared him the starter and never looked back since. Also at that point they pretty much made it known that they were not looking at open competition at the RG position after that day. That speaks volumes from this coaching staff in what they believe they have in this player.

Has anyone declared he is there, or where he needs to be? Obviously not. But people feel that there is every reason to believe that he can be a good starter for us in the very near future. If that is too far fetched to accept at this point for you, then I apologize. But dont jump down everyone's throat because they see a lot of good in Thomas because of all the reasons above I mentioned.

In my opinion he won the spot out of default..., he would have hit the wall like any other Rook taken so late... the option is there at the end of the year to upgrade RG and that would ease or C and RT immensely... It's just that damn Drew Mormino optimism that peeves me off not every poster...

Finally. I was saying the same thing after he got injured and everyone was talking about what a huge blow it was.

Didnt our line play improve immediately after he went down? Granted, the run blocking lately has been less than stellar, however didnt we break out with big running games vs. the Pats and Chargers AFTER this supposed future pro-bowler got injured?

Also, he seemed to be claiming it was a minor injury and that he could play soon after he was hurt. Seems fishy to me the team placed him on IR. I sense it was just a way to sit him for the rest of the year and get him some more practice later on before throwing him back out there.

But, now weeks later yet again everyone is talking about how great a player this guy is based of like one or two weeks of less than stellar play and a few articles written during camp. A couple guys that he lined up against talk about how strong he is and all of the sudden he is the steal of the year on our OL. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure you could contribute our running game improving immediately after Thomas got injured to the Wildcat formation. Once the Wildcat formation got around to the rest of the league, our running game reverted right back to where it was with Thomas in there against the Jets (maybe even worse).

And it wasn't immediate. Remember we didn't push Arizona around in the running game and Thomas wasn't playing.

I don't disagree that we can't pencil Thomas in as our future RG, but I also do understand that our front office and coaches saw enough potential in him to start game 1 and over Shawn Murphy who was picked 2 rounds ahead of him. For a rookie you can't say you didn't like what you saw in the limited time he played in preseason.

And BTW, no one has really run well against the Jets this year. Jenkins and that DL have stopped the run against everyone, not just the Dolphins.

Also, he seemed to be claiming it was a minor injury and that he could play soon after he was hurt. Seems fishy to me the team placed him on IR. I sense it was just a way to sit him for the rest of the year and get him some more practice later on before throwing him back out there.

This is just ridiculous and you know it. Just by the way our RG position is turning out you should know this is ridiculous. You don't have a guy fake an injury when you have absolutely no answer in terms of a replacement.

On this site is un-called for..., just saying..., the guy has done..., um..., that's right nothing..., so before we have his bust made for the HOF...

Let's see exactly what we got..., because if he starts next year at G..., and that is no sure thing.... then he is still a Rook in my books... who walked on in University..., certainly he has not met his ceiling but really no one knows what we have here...

Carey could be helped by having soemone who knows waht he is doing next to him..., so don't be surprised if this is addressed in FA and/or the Draft...

I wouldn't write anything except that it is peeving me off how often I read about this guys heroics...

I'm with ya all the way Rev. I think i'm gonna start a thread called "Chad Henne Worship."

I love this guy dont get me wrong i'm happy he's here. But records indicate that.....HE'S DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING so how can all these psychos and nutjobs get bent out of shape that he's not starting? I wish i had a button that made idiots disappear.

People are infatuated with unproven players for the very sake that they havent done anything wrong. I promise you if Henne were to come in against, oh lets say the pats and throws 3 picks and we lose the game everyone on here would be calling for his head and saying we need to draft a big name QB or FA.

Not trying to divert to subject change because well, i guess certain people here think i'm Ricky Williams' drug dealer or Chad Pennington's agent undercover, but yeah its the same story with a different face.
I HOPE the kid does good, but i hope that all of these "experts" that jump out and say he's definatley going to be a superstar i saw him play 3/4ths of one freakin game and he was solid! are all wrong. I'll buy them guns if they promise to shoot themselves. My 2 cents.

I'm with ya all the way Rev. I think i'm gonna start a thread called "Chad Henne Worship."

I love this guy dont get me wrong i'm happy he's here. But records indicate that.....HE'S DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING so how can all these psychos and nutjobs get bent out of shape that he's not starting? I wish i had a button that made idiots disappear.

People are infatuated with unproven players for the very sake that they havent done anything wrong. I promise you if Henne were to come in against, oh lets say the pats and throws 3 picks and we lose the game everyone on here would be calling for his head and saying we need to draft a big name QB or FA.

Not trying to divert to subject change because well, i guess certain people here think i'm Ricky Williams' drug dealer or Chad Pennington's agent undercover, but yeah its the same story with a different face.
I HOPE the kid does good, but i hope that all of these "experts" that jump out and say he's definatley going to be a superstar i saw him play 3/4ths of one freakin game and he was solid! are all wrong. I'll buy them guns if they promise to shoot themselves. My 2 cents.

we are seeing much the same... :)

I must agree with the OP. I have hope that Thomas may develop into a solid G, but he is all athletics and upper body strength right now and very short on experience and lower body strength. He's going to need lots of snaps to get the experience he needs to develop, and his injury makes building that lower body strength very tough. So the OP calling him a rookie in his book ... sounds about right to me. Even if he does develop nicely and quickly, don't expect him to have a G spot sewn up.

Personally, I think Jake Long's stellar rookie season will see Justin Smiley moved back to RG next year and the open G spot will be the LG spot ... meaning whomever wins that spot will need to be a good pass protector. Thomas certainly has the tools for it, but isn't good enough at it to start until he makes some major improvements. That only comes with experience--which is exactly what he is lacking.

Donald Thomas hadn't developed into a solid starter when he was injured. He was simply a very raw rookie who was making very good strides. I hope that continues, but he's no lock to start.

Personally, I would like to see us draft Herman Johnson from LSU, also a 6' 7" monster at 345. Can you imagine the road gradage on that side of the line? While it appears that Matt McChesney is really liked by Sparano, to have Donald Thomas and McChesney here as depth behind Herman Johnson and Justin Smiley really makes me smile.

Also, would love for us to draft Phil Loadholdt from Oaklahoma -6'8" 345 tackle to develop behind Carey if Carey stays. That would certainly make me feel a lot better about our line depth.

WHat do you think?

And someone was reporting earlier that Donald was voted to the all rook team with Jake Long for mid-point performance... go figure :rolleyes:

Him making the all rook team after one game just shows that the writer of the article must be a hack. In fact he called him a future hall of famer, hmm after one game wow he must be nostradamous. I take your point because many players look much better when you only watch one game of them. One good game does not a career make. Hell Im still waiting for the great Joe Toledo to do all the things that so many posters said he would or anthony Alabi.

Him making the all rook team after one game just shows that the writer of the article must be a hack. In fact he called him a future hall of famer, hmm after one game wow he must be nostradamous. I take your point because many players look much better when you only watch one game of them. One good game does not a career make. Hell Im still waiting for the great Joe Toledo to do all the things that so many posters said he would or anthony Alabi.

Is Joe still stached on our roster... :rolleyes:

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Personally, I would like to see us draft Herman Johnson from LSU, also a 6' 7" monster at 345. Can you imagine the road gradage on that side of the line? While it appears that Matt McChesney is really liked by Sparano, to have Donald Thomas and McChesney here as depth behind Herman Johnson and Justin Smiley really makes me smile.

Also, would love for us to draft Phil Loadholdt from Oaklahoma -6'8" 345 tackle to develop behind Carey if Carey stays. That would certainly make me feel a lot better about our line depth.

WHat do you think?

I think my plan is to bolster our strength rather than be average everywhere..., that said I would invest in the Oline..., either get that kick *** center from CAL and slide Samson to a G position or bolster through a can't miss road grader... Teams that stay on top solidify their Oline..., and their Dline for that matter...

If I am the coach and I am not... I really want to dictate to the "D" how they are going to play my "O"... I can do that if my Oline is consistent...

Me thinks they still have plans for Murphy and Thomas..., but they aren't expecting to build a line through late draft picks are they...? I think not..., but we have no deent back ups as it is...

FA is too expensive...

Back
Top Bottom