Reaction score
THE DON'S
Crystal Ball
2008 SEASON
WEEK 9 PICKS​
By DonCanabis/D'BOYZ
Analyst/Godfather
brandopng-1.jpg

Three weeks in a row, you can't call it losing streak anymore. If I keep this up I would have to move to Cincinnati or Detroit… they're used to losers like me. These has been the weirdest season I've ever seen. Tons of upsets, teams playing great one week and flat out stink the next. The only trend I've seen lately is Home teams are winning in the past three weeks: At least 10 out of the 14 have been won by the home team! It's good if you have a Pick'em league but not much for the spread. How things change before the season started, many people marked this week in their calenders as one of great games to watch but now… well… not so exciting after all.
New England vs Indianapolis should be a game most expected because it usually determines home field advantage. But now, it might just mean a Wild card spot. New York Giants vs Dallas "the Rematch" should be the game that every Cowboy fan wanted since January, but with so many injuries they all wish it could come later.
So GL, get your bunny legs out, start rubbing your weird uncle's belly or anything you do for luck because of how things are right now… we need all the luck we can get.
Oh! if anybody wants to know about my record, after three bad weeks it went down to 56%. I thought it would be worse but it's by far the worst year of my predictor career.
New York Jets at Buffalo -5.5 Ovr/Und 42
Favre has been awful the past three weeks, he's making dumb throws that almost cost them the game against a really bad team. Buffalo found a way to lose last week. Buffalo has a better defense, they play at home and they need this division win.
Straight: Buf
Spread: Buf
Ovr/Und: Und
Detroit at Chicago -12.5 Ovr/Und 43
Detroit has found ways to keep games close the past two weeks. The team has character and wants to get the first win but I don't expect them to stay close to a chicago team that can score on defense.
Straight: Chi
Spread: Chi
Ovr/Und: Ovr
Jacksonville at Cincinnati 7.5 Ovr/Und 39.5
I have trouble with this one. I expected the jaguars to win against an average team last week and they lost. In the other hand, I waited for a Cincinnati to show heart and keep the game close against Houston… Both teams did the opposite! I don't trust jacksonville to win for more then 7 points but I trust the Bengals less to have anything to play for.
Straight: Jax
Spread: Jax
Baltimore at Cleveland -1.5 Ovr/Und 36.5
Since the NY game Cleveland has shown flashes of the '07 team. It took Shawn Rodgers 8 weeks to show up for the Browns. And that should sit Winslow because they're 2-0 when he doesn't plays. Flacco look very good against Oakland and their DB's, and that Defense it's just scary some times.

Straight: Bal
Spread: Bal
Tampa Bay at Kansas City 8.5 Ovr/Und 36.5
I wouldn't want to be any of the Tampa players in the locker room after last week loss. Chucky look like he was going to kill somebody. The defense showed up for KC last week and took advantage of Favre gunslinger way. Too bad they face Garcia this week which is the complete opposite.
Straight: TB
Spread: TB
Houston at Minnesota -4.5 Ovr/Und 47
Houston is hot right now! They're playing great, moving the ball and dominating. Minnesota doesn't look good ‘cause their defense hasn't been as dominating as expected. Their running game hasn't been that explosive and their passing game is none existent. So, why am I choosing Min? Simple, crazy season and every week another hot team gets shut down.
Straight: Min
Spread: Hou
Arizona at St. Louis 3 Ovr/Und 48
Both come from losses, both played good in their losses, but the Rams play at home and they have looked different since the Washington game. I expect them to pull the upset.
Straight: StL
Spread: Stl
Green Bay at Tennessee -5.5 Ovr/Und 41
Is this the week the Titans lose? I don't think so…First, Aaron has played good but he hasn't beat a great team yet… he hasn't faced a defense like the titans. Take the home team.
Straight: Ten
Spread: Ten
Miami at Denver-3 Ovr/Und 50
Miami looks good one week bad the other. Denver hasn't look good in a lot of weeks. but they play at home and Miami just won… so it's time to lose again
Straight: Den
Spread: Den
Dallas at New York -8.5 Ovr/Und 41
UPSET OF THE WEEK
Logic, injuries, stats, home field… everything points for a Giants victory. So, why I'm picking the Cowboys. Because, it's what nobody expects and since that's the trend these days… I expect the upset or at least a close game.
I think the Cowboys are still very upset of last year. They're going to go there and punish the Super Bowl Champs. Also teams that play Pittsburgh the previous week are 1-5 this year.

Straight: Dal
Spread: Dal
Atlanta at Oakland -3 Ovr/Und 42
Matt looked good against the eagles and they had a chance to win it if not for a crazy call by the ref. But he is 1-3 on the road. I don't like picking away teams with an unexperienced QB.
But Atlanta is playing better, they have more weapons and they find ways to stay in the game. Oakland hasn't look good with Cable. Yes they took the Jet's 2 weeks ago but it was a pretty close game.
Straight: Atl
Spread: Atl
Philadelphia at Seattle 6.5 Ovr/Und 42.5

Simple Seattle still hasn't show anything. They beat a bad SF team. That doesn't say anything! Westbrook it's the difference for the Eagles… they just play different with him out there. Imagine how good they would be if he could stay healthy.
Straight: Phi
Spread: Phi
New England at Indianapolis -6 Ovr/Und 44
I know NE is 5-2 but I still don't like what I see of them. Who have they actually beaten. I said before the season that the Colts wouldn't make the Playoffs this year and it's starting too look that I was right. Bob Sanders is back and that should be the difference.

Straight: Ind
Spread: Ind
Pittsburgh at Washington -2 Ovr/Und 37
Washington is 6-2 but they have look bad the past 3 weeks losing to St.L and barely beating Cleveland and Detroit. They face one of the best run defense that even with all their injuries they find ways to win. Also, Santa Moss and Portis are hurt and might not be 100%.

Straight: Pit
Spread: Pit

Hot Picks
Record 28-20 (58%)

Philadelphia(league)
Tampa Bay (league)
Pittsburgh (league)
Tennessee
Dallas
Atlanta

Back