Dont freak out about the saints...Giants #1 defensive ranking doesn't tell the story | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dont freak out about the saints...Giants #1 defensive ranking doesn't tell the story

dolphinator86

You are TERMINATED!!
Reaction score
Ok so the Giants got shredded yesterday and everyone is all OH MY GOD THEY ARE THE #1 D WHAT WILL WE DO. Well that ranking doesn't tell the whole story

Look at this...the giants have had 5 games against seriously offensively challenged teams. All of which have average to waaaaay below average o-lines. JUST LOOK at their schedule

Week 1 Redskins HAHAH THEY SUCK and cant move the ball against 11 guys on this forum

Week 2 Cowboys again Dallas is massively inconsistent one week score 40 next score 13 Romo is not efficient and not smart with the ball

Week 3 Tampa HAHAHA seriously they are offensively challenged BIG TIME

Week 4 KC uhhhh they are averaging like 10 points a game

Week 5 OAK please give me a break yes the beat the eagles but score 13 points in doing so and average under 10 a game

ok so look at it 5 weak teams none with very good offensive lines so it was easy to get pressure i think the giants didnt game plan well enough and thought they could just do their thing. Well they ran into a very good offensive team with a bye week so 2 weeks to prepare for you while you only had 5 days to prep for them.

the saints are good/great and we will have to play great but dont freak about their performance yesterday....the giants hadnt played anybody like them yet and it showed.

we have played three great Offensive teams...ATL, INDY, SD all of which we were in the game and could have won, but ran into some bad luck and didnt execute so we lost...i think we are better prepared than the giants and this game will be good

Like the positive attitude...and with that we can do anything! LETS GO PHINS!

I definitely love the way that you look at things. If our offense can do to the Saints what they did to the Colts by controlling the ball the majority of the game, we have a strong chance of beating this team.

GO DOLPHINS

On the flip side, we have faced Mattie Ice, Manning, and Rivers.

U gotta remember the giants have a weak secondary. MaybE worse then us. They had no pass rush yesterday but the jets did. Pressure on brees will be the breaking point

The Giants are not a great football team on the defensive side of the ball. Not as good as the stats show. The Cowboys who have an above average offensive line piled up 250 yards rushing on the so called best d in the league. The Saints will have problems with our running attack.

What I worry about the most is stopping the pass.

On the flip side, we have faced Mattie Ice, Manning, and Rivers.

yeah, just with the game tape and 2 weeks i think we can come up with a great game plan and maybe our D can make a few plays.....we need to pressure and just get our hands on the ball...even if it doesnt mean turnovers we need to get them off the field....they scored like 27 against the bills but that was close late it was like 13-7 in the 4th and scored 24 against the jest only 10 being on O.....we def need to play a disciplined game but they are beatable...should be a interesting game to watch

From Saints perspective, the "hit Brees in the mouth" theory of defending the Saints is raised every game. It's easier to say than to do. Don't put too much stock in the Jets game. The Saints got up early and basically ran the ball in the second half. Drew also narrowly missed a few big shots down field which would have altered the look of the stats. The Bills game was an interesting contrast. They dropped off into coverage pretty regularly and made Brees check down a lot. In the second half Payton relented and started to run the ball, piling up more than 200 yards rushing.

The Saints have yet to be tested on the road.
They beat the Eagles which we see now is not a good team and they beat the Bills (enough said).

Play keep away from Brees like you guys did with Peyton Manning and you guys have a chance. I'm rooting for you guys.

Week 1 Redskins HAHAH THEY SUCK and cant move the ball against 11 guys on this forum
absolultely pissed myself:)

while i do agree that the Giants Defense wasn't really good, i don't think the Dolphins have proven to be good either. you start 2 Rookie CB's (Smith whom which i'm very high on) but they will struggle to stop our WR. we have a much more efficent and versatile Offense than the Colts, so it will be hard for your Defense to defend. if you think blitzing Brees will win you the game, just come on and try and our run game will no doubt have a big day. the best thing for the Dolphins would be for the Saints to get a little over confident, but i just don't see Payton, Brees and Willimas allowing that to happen.

while i do agree that the Giants Defense wasn't really good, i don't think the Dolphins have proven to be good either. you start 2 Rookie CB's (Smith whom which i'm very high on) but they will struggle to stop our WR. we have a much more efficent and versatile Offense than the Colts, so it will be hard for your Defense to defend. if you think blitzing Brees will win you the game, just come on and try and our run game will no doubt have a big day. the best thing for the Dolphins would be for the Saints to get a little over confident, but i just don't see Payton, Brees and Willimas allowing that to happen.

Yeah, our defense does really suck, at least at defending the pass, but nobody here is going to claim that they are any good unless they are extremely delusional.

Versatility isn't necessary to beat our defense. All you have to do is throw it up deep to a decent WR and they will come down with the ball practically every time.

Our best defense is our offense. It's no coincidence that our gameplan pretty much every game is to just keep moving the chains literally any way possible. We want to give opposing QB's as few chances as possible to really exploit our weaknesses in the secondary.

Back
Top Bottom