Don't hate on Drake now!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't hate on Drake now!!

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I didn't like the Ajayi trade and most people here didn't like it either, specially when we only got a 4 in return. A typical reaction on this board is to hate on the guy replacing the player they like. But think about this. How is Drake to blame for that? I like Drake but I feel he's probably only good for no more than 15 carries a game and maybe some targets in the passing game. I think Ajayi was a beast and that is not the type of player that Drake is but again, what good will it do to hate the guy and dump on him every time he does something wrong? I for one will be rooting for him to do well as he's on our team. It's dumb to hope that he fails just because we're not happy they traded Ajayi.

Ozzy rules!!

Agreed. I've been venting, and I'm not happy, but come Sunday I'll be supporting every player that pulls on the Dolphins jersey.

And the guy calling the plays.

FinsUp!

We're looking for a back who is willing to just follow his blocks inside and pick up 3-4 yards. I don't know that Drake is that guy.

I didn't like the Ajayi trade and most people here didn't like it either, specially when we only got a 4 in return. A typical reaction on this board is to hate on the guy replacing the player they like. But think about this. How is Drake to blame for that? I like Drake but I feel he's probably only good for no more than 15 carries a game and maybe some targets in the passing game. I think Ajayi was a beast and that is not the type of player that Drake is but again, what good will it do to hate the guy and dump on him every time he does something wrong? I for one will be rooting for him to do well as he's on our team. It's dumb to hope that he fails just because we're not happy they traded Ajayi.

Ozzy rules!!

The emotion here is ridiculous. Tip, if he does the job with consistency and hard work, he will be fine. If he doesn't, he won't. The emotional attachment to certain players on this message board is nuts.

Behind this line, following your blocks inside will net you a loss of 2

Maybe so, but following his blocks won't get him cut. IMO, this is Gase's do or die moment. Running backs should be hitting the proper hole. If the run game STILL sucks, Gase has run out of excuses. Personally, I like Drake, but he runs a little high for me.

Drake and Williams will split the load but Im surprised we didn't look in FA yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is little uptick in drakes run frankly...might be perry that sees the workload

I'm sure gase was livid in tape study when he bounced that first run of the last possession too far to the boundary instead of cutting it up between the combo block tackle and the flex tight end...

if perry comes off first team kick return gig you will have your answer

I am excited to see his real true value in an offense that will now be suitable to his skill set. If he doesn't earn the start over Damien Williams, then he becomes a player that should probably be cut next year.

With either RB on the field we will now have a pass catching threat coming out of the backfield that defenses will have to account for. I hope Drake gets the majority of the rushes, and a good portion of work catching the ball out of the backfield. We need to play faster. He fits the bill.

I'm not saying that Drake will be great. I don't know what he'll do but what I'm saying is that we should root for him to do well instead of hoping he fails so that people can start their "I told you so " threads. I for one wish Ajayi was still with us but there's nothing we can do about it now so I'm rooting for whoever plays for the Dolphins to do well.

Ozzy rules!!

Either way we will know by the end of the season if Drake can be a #1 back or not. If not we have another hole to fill but at least we will know. I think if he can stay healthy he will be better than most think.

Hopefully some big pass plays to him too

Back
Top Bottom