Don't Laugh - But How About "Marty Ball Part 5" As A Contingency Plan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't Laugh - But How About "Marty Ball Part 5" As A Contingency Plan

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
If we can't land one of the big fish. At 67 he's not young, but unlike Henning, he's been successful most everywhere he's been:

Cleveland: .620 5 seasons
KC .635, 10 seasons
Wash .500 1 season
SD .588 5 seasons including going 14-2 his last year with 2 divisional titles

Career HC: 200-126 .613 winning percentage

I know he's sucked in the playoffs going 5-13, but let's worry about getting there first. My only real reservation would be the possibility of him bring his son Brian in from the Jest as OC as he's almost as bad as Henning.

Personally, I'd rather have Marty Ball than Jeff Fisher who's gotten into the playoffs 6 times in 17 years. and after the year he's had with Young, really needs to take some time off up in the booth to both decompress and reflect.

If "the big 3" (2 of whom I'm not necessarily sold on anyway) are undeliverable, hell I'd take Marty over the other names being bandied about with the possible exception of Billick.

edit: I know last season when the bills were rumored to be interested in Marty, I was concerned - but relieved when Chan got the job.

I like Marty personally but it will never happen.

Ross wants an exciting offense and I doubt Marty Ball will fit that bill!

Even though I like Marty, we aren't looking for a better version of Tony Sparano. It looks like Ross is looking for a HC with an aggressive coaching style.

I would take Marty but he has no interest in coaching any more and he's said so repeatedly on NFL radio.

I like Marty and his playoff record would look a lot better if not for "The Fumble."

I love Marty. He's already a Hall of Famer in my mind. I'd be thrilled to see him in Miami.

He's obviously better than what we have . . . but, he'd be my last resort, and as others have said, he doesn't seem interested in coaching.

We haven't won the Super Bowl in 37 years now (let alone been there in 26 years) so let's go and hire a guy who always choked in the playoffs. I understand he wins in the regular season but, in the end, it's obviously all about what happens in January and February.

If we can't land one of the big fish. At 67 he's not young, but unlike Henning, he's been successful most everywhere he's been:

Cleveland: .620 5 seasons
KC .635, 10 seasons
Wash .500 1 season
SD .588 5 seasons including going 14-2 his last year with 2 divisional titles

Career HC: 200-126 .613 winning percentage

I know he's sucked in the playoffs going 5-13, but let's worry about getting there first. My only real reservation would be the possibility of him bring his son Brian in from the Jest as OC as he's almost as bad as Henning.

Personally, I'd rather have Marty Ball than Jeff Fisher who's gotten into the playoffs 6 times in 17 years. and after the year he's had with Young, really needs to take some time off up in the booth to both decompress and reflect.

If "the big 3" (2 of whom I'm not necessarily sold on anyway) are undeliverable, hell I'd take Marty over the other names being bandied about with the possible exception of Billick.

edit: I know last season when the bills were rumored to be interested in Marty, I was concerned - but relieved when Chan got the job.

Id rather promote Nolan to HC and find a solid OC and DC. But our best chance of turning over this franchise is getting a QB. I am not on the Harbaugh wagon, and I think Cohwer would put us 4-5 years away from contending. We need to concentrate on getting a QB, draft one, trade for one, one via FA. We need to get into Tampa Bay mode to increase our odds of getting a good one.

He gets too conservative in playoff games and chokes them away. Of course that's an upgrade over a guy who gets too conservative in games against the Lions and chokes them away, but it's probably not what we need right now.

Id rather promote Nolan to HC and find a solid OC and DC. But our best chance of turning over this franchise is getting a QB. I am not on the Harbaugh wagon, and I think Cohwer would put us 4-5 years away from contending. We need to concentrate on getting a QB, draft one, trade for one, one via FA. We need to get into Tampa Bay mode to increase our odds of getting a good one.

i agree with you 100 percent, draft potential franhise qb in the first round every yr until you find one. We wont win until we find a franchise qb period!!! And a great head coach and gm to go along with it.

as long as he takes his retarded son with him. In fact, even if you don't hire Marty, you can have his kid.

Back
Top Bottom