Don't mind me... I am just excited. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't mind me... I am just excited.

Phins117

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Greetings all,

My name is Phins117. I do not make to many threads nor do I post often. Most of my posts are during game day. I have not been to a Dolphins game since the season we were 1-15. It was a Jets game which we lost. Never seen so many jets fan in my entire life. Bleh. Anyway what I am trying to say is that in the past 7 or so years I really haven't been to excited for this team. Hell even when I play madden. Seriously getting tired of picking the dolphins EVERY game. Yes of course I do not have to choose them but I do. Every game because they are my team. Even when the REAL season starts I have this feeling that some how we will end up missing out of the playoffs. It has been hard to enjoy victories because if you a realistic fan like myself, you see our record and take a glance at the leaders of the league. They are never average or mediocre. But this year was a bit different.

We ended the season 7-9. Usually I wouldn't have to much faith in us at the end of the season but I felt something had changed as if the 7-9 record was a GOOD 7-9( IF you can say that 7-9 is good). Let me explain. RT was a player who I was absolutely pissed off we were thinking about grabbing. WTF this could had an average record in college, he couldn't win any big games, BLAH BLAH BLAH. Than I started watching him. His highlights, his attitude, ect. He was a smart guy, and well after a more scrutinized look I saw A LOT of upside. Through out the season I saw a lot of growing pains. Tipped balls, some stupid mistakes like running with the ball then throwing at the last second!!! WTF ARE YOU DOING KID! I just saw a very young QB learning. I mean the kid was a WR, he probably though he was supposed to turn up the field. The dude can't even slide right sometimes. But I am being to hard. Long story short if not for Carpenters missed field goals we could of had a couple of wins. I liked what he did in ALL of our close games. The kid has talent and I really think he will follow through for us.

I am happy we signed wallace. However, It obviously isn't enough. I wanted welker as well. The dude is so short and so fast; with a quick role in motion than a slant up the field to the post, YOU WILL NOT STOP him. But I doubt he even wanted to play for us (**** off cam cameron). I really think we need to add another guy at WR. Jennings is my favorite FA and he still is. But it looks like Minnesota my have him. I can't break this feeling that our draft will be spread out. For instance 1st pick offense, 2nd defense, 3 offense, ect, ect. I really want a more HIGH powered offense. WALLACE is a nice addition but like I sated earlier he is not enough. We need at least 1 more. Maybe Tavon Austin. But there are some major holes with the secondary and missing out on bennet was a HUGE failure if you ask me. Better pass rushing makes any secondary look Good. But in order for that to work you need a decent secondary and a decent pass rush. With no MAJOR CB or no pass rusher to accompany, our defense will suffer.

Not matter how these all play out I am still very excited for this team and the journey that is in front us. We have new uniforms, new logo, and a completely new team. I am tired of dreaming of the past with old dead legends and nostalgia. A new era is here. We are young, and dangerous. But most importantly we are competitive. Sure the Pats are still the Pats but we are closer than ever IMO! THE TIME HAD DAWNED TO TURN THE TIDE! I am ready and I am even thinking about getting some tickets because my faith has been restored ever since last seasons hiring of Philbin. Wallace was just a bonus but I am more excited for RT, Lamar Miller, Reshad Jones, Matthews, Hartline, Vernon, Bess and our staff. Here is a little something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZna1QV9MEI

I am happy to be alive to see us grow. Maybe I can see a couple playoff wins. I am not talking superbowl I am just talking about a couple 9-7 seasons. **** maybe even 10 wins. But like I said. We need to do a bit more on both sides of the ball. THAN WE ARE TALKING SUPERBOWL CAUSE WE'RE THE MIAMI DOLPHINS!

**** phins up....bring the old **** back!

I gotta tell ya,

without Welker, the Pats are not just the Pats anymore.

Damn right you should be excited! Cus Tom Brady is so pissed right now!

The AFC is wide open right now if you ask me. I honestly think that if our D is atleast as good as it became last year and gets more TO's, and Tannehill breaks out with Wallace, we could really have a shot at a cinderella type of season. **** the Jests did it, almost made it to the SB, TWICE!! Baltimore, Pittsburgh, NE are all falling. Texans are good, but beatable. Indy is good but beatable. Denver kinda worries me. They may be the team to beat now for sure. I think this year is gonna be pretty fun.

Back
Top Bottom