Don't reach on QB this year - draft Russel Wilson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't reach on QB this year - draft Russel Wilson

knocking Green Bays GM.....kinda hard to take this seriously, mate

Wilson will be great, in the CFL. the WCO is all timing based but you have to get up over the line. There are no QBs that short. If that's how you want to go then you may as well take Kellen Moore, who has better size and more success.

Wilson had no problem getting the ball over the Badger OL & they are mammoth even by NFL standards.

And if you don't like the Flutie comparison here's a modern one; he has the same game as Darron Thomas, only less physical tools. So if you're throwing a late pick at a guy how about one with solid measureables?

Well. You got the right conference. Nick Foles c'mon down!

Russell Wilson and Kirk Cousins are my two favorite QBs this year (beyond the first two off the board, of course). I'd be very happy seeing the Dolphins use a 3rd-rounder on either.

I have watched Russel Wilson every year in college and this guy is incredibly impressive and built to run a west coast offense. His biggest knock against him is he is 5'11, but a WC offense does not need a super tall QB.

His pro day showcase was incredibly effective, and he completed 60-63 passes, blowing away real GMs who draft much better then we do like Green Bay's Ted Thompson.

The fins have a lot of needs and to reach on Tannehill is a mistake. Wilson can come in here and compete day 1 , and can run a WC offense. He is also extremely mobile and creates 1st downs with his legs. Furthermore, if he does not work out, it will not be a major issue since he is currently rated 10th best QB and the fins have an extra 3rd rounder to use on him.

The only 2 QBs I would take first round in this draft are Luck and RG3. After that, it is desperation to reach on a guy like Tannehill when Russel Wilson will be there in later rounds and could easily end up being better. the fins could get lucky and snag Blackmon (10% chance) or Richardson as their first pick instead, and worse case get an elite DE or OL..all better than taking a 2nd round pick QB way too early.

Just my opinion, but I watched Wilson crush people for years at NC state and then go to Wisconsin and do very well with an offense that is not nearly as well suited to him.
THIS ^^^
I really pray that we don't reach for ANYONE in this draft. Get the BPA and go balls to the wall next year for Barkley.

I dont really agree with it either but Sherman should know his real potential. But its not like Tannehill is just some crappy QB prospect, he definitely can be as good as Matt Ryan I believe and for what its worth Charles Casserly on NFL network said he's better than all the QB's prospects in last years draft (minus Cam Newton) and that he compares him to Joe Flacco and Josh Freeman type prospect and if they all three were in the same draft together, he would choose Tannehill over Flacco and Freeman.

Charley Casserly is a complete shrub. He was the guy who busted out on Heath Shuler and David Carr, and sat there last year on NFLN talking about how much he "loved Blaine Gabbert, even though I haven't seen him play"...

Josh Freeman can't hold Matt Ryan's jockstrap.

If Charley Casserly was half the QB evaluator he thought he was, he wouldn't be a mouthpiece. He'd still be in someone's front office.

THIS ^^^
I really pray that we don't reach for ANYONE in this draft. Get the BPA and go balls to the wall next year for Barkley.

I hate it when fans say crap like this. Didnt we say the same thing about Andrew Luck this year? and we have absolute zero chance at the top QB's this year, and we even started the season 0-7. Every year other teams need QB's and there is no way of telling if we could have a chance at a top QB next year, we never have the trade power to move up. Some fans always have the mentality that next years draft of QB's is much better. that was suppose to be this year but thats not the case, so you never know. Im tired of waiting " for next years draft QB" it hasnt worked in the past. Unless we bomb the season and win one or two games which I would hate to see and its not being a true fan.

You cant just hope to draft a QB, you have to actually do it. we've been dickin around the QB position for too long now, its time to grow a pair, man up, take a chance, and reach for a QB in the first round if we have to.

Well. You got the right conference. Nick Foles c'mon down!
I'm a Foles fan, and would draft him with our 1st 3rd rd pick. But I was just looking for a guy who plays the same style of game as Wilson, and Thomas moves in the pocket and runs like Wilson.

Cbssports has him ranked as the 7th best QB and projected to go in the 3-4 rds. The scouting report on him mentioned he had a great combine. I always felt he passed the "naked eye" test. I thought he was great for Wisconsin last year and I watched Wisconsin play a few games because he just has that "it" factor. I'm really intrigued because he has everything a pro QB needs to be successful except size. He has a very strong arm, is ridiculously accurate, extremely intelligent, etc. . . Man if he was only a few inches taller.

Anyways, even if we draft Tannehill I would still draft Wilson. Didn't Green Bay draft a bunch of QB's for a few years till they hit on the one they liked? Mayb he can be a mini-Brees?

BJ Coleman or kirk Cousins only guys that might be starters in the NFL. if i'm going to take an undersized prospect its going to be case keenum, no QB in this draft class has the release that he does, and very good anticipation. but hell be backup too or undrafted

I like tannehill, but a lot of folks here ae going to be proven wrong by Wilson. I saw this coming a mile away.

Russell Wilson shredded the Chiefs 1st unit tonite. No idea if he's a long term starter for Seattle, but has looked really sharp so far this preseason.

Kuechly in the 1st...Wilson in the 2nd wouldve been OK, but I´ll wait till the Dobermans are released to see if he´s THAT good...

Back
Top Bottom