Don’t rush to buy a Miami Dolphins Jarvis Landry jersey just yet | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don’t rush to buy a Miami Dolphins Jarvis Landry jersey just yet

I really soured on Landry after what I saw the last 2 weeks of the season. Just when the news broke of contract talks, he goes off on a hissy fit. No class. I love his passion and determination, but man, he’s a loose cannon. That was embarrassing to watch, seeing what transpired during the Bills game. I’d understand if they let him walk.

I keep reading this "he plays with heart and passion" business, like it's supposed to excuse his behavior. Well, Barry Sanders.

One of my all-time favorite players. Let his play speak for itself while being on crappy teams. But sadly, today's Miami fan seems to be in for the thrill and not the end result.

listen to gase talk about it in that last presser nothing he says even remotely indicates another injury

he makes it sound like they took advise on the rehab route and it went wrong

**** happens

now that he's surgically repaired he tears it again that's when outlook mindsets will change

We might franchise tag & trade him for a 2nd rounder imo.

seems like they are kind of questioning his work ethic & attitude if he were to get paid imo.

seems like they are kind of questioning his work ethic & attitude if he were to get paid imo.

I'm pretty sure that the CBA strongly frowns upon franchise tagging a player for the sole purpose of trading him. It's basically the kind of situation where the player has to be OK with it.

The time to trade him was during the season.

I'm pretty sure that the CBA strongly frowns upon franchise tagging a player for the sole purpose of trading him. It's basically the kind of situation where the player has to be OK with it.

The time to trade him was during the season.

you might be right but i still remember how John Abraham got traded to the Falcons after he got his Franchise Tag.

Dolphins can franchise him & say they tried to resign him long term & it did not happen so now he's being traded.

yeah if you aren't keeping him you should have traded him at the deadline

don't look past this could all be just posturing...

mando is good for some things bad for others...like that fire everyone on the staff and change up personnel cause the qb sucks

I appreciate that Armando doesn't devote every column to his own desperate biases. That type of thing stands out.

I appreciate that Armando doesn't devote every column to his own desperate biases. That type of thing stands out.

yeah I know...tape guy stuff doesn't fly in your gambling circle yada yada yada

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with tagging a player with the intent of trading him. It's the smart thing to do. No one frowns on that.

Whether it's even financially possible to tag him is a more pertinent query.

I think this is how it all ends up as well...

The Dolphins will re-sign Landy and look to move Kenny Stills.

The west coast kid will have a lot of suitors much closer to his San Diego home town.

Go right up the coast until you hit Seattle, every one of those teams, Chargers, Rams, Niners, Raiders and Seahawks could use Kenny Stills. All those teams have their franchise QB and even though Rivers might have 1 season left you know they need to go all out.

With Jakeem Grant looking like Tyreek Hill every so often we need to explore that more. I've appreciated what Stills has brought, if we can make the $$ work on a trade and clear what we can now, it needs to happen.

Expected compensation, swapping a 4th for a 3rd seems fair, depending on the team/slotting.

Edit: I edited this post to correct the spelling of Tyreek Hill's name from Tyreke.....It looks stupid either way you spell it.

The Dolphins will re-sign Landy and look to move Kenny Stills.

The west coast kid will have a lot of suitors much closer to his San Diego home town.

Go right up the coast until you hit Seattle, every one of those teams, Chargers, Rams, Niners, Raiders and Seahawks could use Kenny Stills. All those teams have their franchise QB and even though Rivers might have 1 season left you know they need to go all out.

With Jakeem Grant looking like Tyreek Hill every so often we need to explore that more. I've appreciated what Stills has brought, if we can make the $$ work on a trade and clear what we can now, it needs to happen.

Expected compensation, swapping a 4th for a 3rd seems fair, depending on the team/slotting.

I'm down with this...it's the one guy we might actually be selling up on

Last edited:
Every NFL team wants aggressive players, and no doubt landry will be sought after if we let him go, but controlled aggression is what coaches are looking for. Going off half crazy when you make a big play or just plain psycho when you score a touchdown is not it. He just needs to tone it down and play with that fire that we all love and he will be fine. Would it be smart for the Dolphins to let him walk?....no.

I really soured on Landry after what I saw the last 2 weeks of the season. Just when the news broke of contract talks, he goes off on a hissy fit. No class. I love his passion and determination, but man, he’s a loose cannon. That was embarrassing to watch, seeing what transpired during the Bills game. I’d understand if they let him walk.

I’m not defending Laundry’s penalties or behavior (although I think it would be a mistake to let him go), but what are his total penalty yards compared with Pouncey, whom the coaches said had his best year? How about Tunsil’s?

Back
Top Bottom