Don't trade the pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't trade the pick

nfil53

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm sick of everyone talking about how the dolphins are gunna trade the 1st selection to another team. it's not realistic OKAY. besides rebuilding takes time, taking a premium player 1st overall isn't a bad thing. The dolphins roster isn't gunna be changed into a winning machine overnight. draft chris long

Either Long is fine by me . . . but Jake allows us BPA in round 2 IMO . . . and he is the best Tackle on the board, which fills the biggest need on the team . . . so he IMO shoudl be the pick.

I'm sick of everyone talking about how the dolphins are gunna trade the 1st selection to another team. it's not realistic OKAY. besides rebuilding takes time, taking a premium player 1st overall isn't a bad thing. The dolphins roster isn't gunna be changed into a winning machine overnight. draft chris long

As you say the roster won't change overnight is why mostly everyone would love to trade down a few spots to still select one of the big names and get a couple more picks as well. Will it happen, who knows the odds are against it but when the FO announces to all the 1st pick is up for grabs it will lead to speculation by the fans. It's no different then posting who you want us to draft, someone else wants to trade the pick we're all allowed to have our opinions. I myself would prefer to draft J.Long but if a trade did happen and we get some quality picks to help with the rebuilding process I'm all for it.

I agree with 3rdandinches,
Trading down a few spots and picking up some much needed picks would be without a doubt the best and fastest way in turning this team around. Now, of course thats not happening over night, aka this coming season, but the more young talent we get the better and dropping down gives us more picks plus having to pay our top pick less money to save room for others. If you look back in history a teams who were rebuilding the most successful ones were the ones with tons of draft picks to fill there teams with youth and talent.

Back
Top Bottom