Dontrelle Willis snubbed for All-Star game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dontrelle Willis snubbed for All-Star game

jmenjes

Scout Team
Reaction score
It's a complete joke. :mad:

Someone please explain to me why Armando Benitez of the Mets is going to the game but Willis isn't. :confused:

And that was such a cop-out excuse by Dusty Baker: "I haven't seen him pitch yet"

Last edited by a moderator:
Armando may have blown some pretty important (though I don't know what is considered important when the rest of the team sucks) but he has 21 saves on the season-3rd behind Gagne and Smoltz.
Every team has to represent AND since this is the first season since he was a Rookie that Piazza wasn't voted in (injury) we need someone. Besides...who else out of our team would you pick if you were Dusty Baker? The Rookie Reyes? Wigginham who has been streaky? Burnitz? There was no one else.

Baker picked Kerry Wood, who pitches for him now, and he picked a guy that used to pitch for him in San Fransisco....he picked both those for the last 2 selections of his choice (since NL has no DHs) over dontrelle willis...absolute garbage...

When it comes to fan selection in the MLB and NBA, people get screwed over so easily, and underachievers with high profiles get in...

NBA - examples - Penny Hardaway a few years back, and Vince Carter, both out for virtually seasons at a time, but they still manage to get in...

MLB - i didnt see who got in this time but im sure the same thing happened...hi profiles went in over more deserving...i think fans are too stupid and shouldnt be allowed to vote, cause they will all go homer and pcik players on the team they like...

Back
Top Bottom