"Dors Report" (Game Review) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dors Report" (Game Review)

Dors156

He's Backkkkk
Reaction score
Yes I am one of many who watched Schaub run in the endzone untouched and freely waltzed in. I felt a heartbreak, that many of us had not felt since last year. I've been reading some of these outrageous threads after the game and I find it rather funny of how drastic people are on some plays of the game. I'm writing this to give my "fair" opinion and assessment of todays game.

We have won our last 2 games versus very good teams for one reason. We controlled the tempo/time of possession. Today we didnt play Dolphin football. It was as simple as that. We lost the time of possession game as a whole but it showed significantly in the first half and a little into the 3rd quarter. The dolphins made two big plays. Thats all great and all, but we shut down after those plays and relied on our defense. We did not have a drive that was more than 5 plays til the second drive in the 3rd quarter, a responding touchdown drive to retake the lead. Miami could have controlled this game with the drive following the half. That drive could have changed the game completely. Why did we not do well on our offensive possessions after the two big plays? In some way, it was because those big plays. Dont take it the wrong way, they were great and led to touchdowns, but it did not help get our players in a groove as a whole. The long drives on the otherhand, get things going. Fasano had 1 catch today, Ronnie had only 13 carries, and We did not spread the ball around to our other recievers. This shows that these plays did not get our players going. The fact that Ronnie only got 13 carries, shows that we did not control the game the way we would have liked to. We did not possess the ball so therefore, our studs on offense did not get to shine.

On another note, Miami has been big on converting 3rd/4th downs to keep things going. We were 2/10 on third downs today. That is awful. This did not help and keep things going. The only knack I had today on Sparano was the 4th down at approx the 50 where Kramer did not get the first on 3rd down. I believe the measurement showed to be smaller than 6 inches. Note to Tony, Go for it. Ronnie is very good out of the wildcat in converting big downs, as we saw last week against San Diego.

Now, what I was most dissapointed with was the defense. Sounds crazy knowing our defense caused 3 Turnovers, which doesnt usually happen. We looked like we did against Arizona. Big Plays killed us. We got lucky in many different situations today, Many times Schaub bailed us out. He would have nice drives than throw an int or make a bad pass. Our pass rush started good, but where did it go at the end of the game. Our weakness in the defense showed up today, and that is the secondary. Andre Johnson is good, but 178 yards today and Walter had approx 100 yards too, Not to metion that Daniels also had a big game. Where was the secondary today. We made a few nice plays here and there but they kept them in the game. I like How Yerimiah Bell played today, but if you want to be talked about more throughout the league Bell, you cannot let Andre catch that ball on 4th down. Schaub threw it up for grabs and not only were you in front of it and had a hand on the ball, but you could not even of batted it down. Lets put it this way, Reed has the pick on that one, and hes the best. On a more positive note, Crowder, Roth, Porter were great today. Crowder really showed me why he will be a great linebacker here in Miami. Shout out to Jeff Ireland, sign Crowder to a lengthy extension, he is one hell of a player. Roth I have been picking on him since his rookie year about how ineffective he is. He really is turning out to be pretty darn good at that linebacker spot. He really is a factor on defense. Joey Porter was a monster today, dominating on pass rushes. He really made it hard on Houston on their last drive coming up with the big sack. He has lived up to his hefty F/A signing and should be going to Hawaii this off season.

Now for my closing, I will be commenting on some of the thread subjects I have seen.

1. Ronnie should have went down similar to a Westbrook situation
-No, you score the points. When you make a great play of breaking off of a player like Mario Williams and you see the endzone ahead of you, you run in it. I dont care how much time is on the clock, you take the points when you can get them. Lets be hypothetical here. What if he went down and we got stopped on the next couple plays like Philly did so a few weeks ago against Chicago, or what if we fumbled the ball the next play. You never know what can happen so you take them when you can get them. The defense should have stopped them. It's that simple.

2. Ted Ginn
- Finheavens favorite player:lol: Ok lets be real honest here. I know people just love to bash him on evey possible play, but he was thrown too once today and it was a screen type play. The play got blown up in his face and there was nothing he could do. OF course to FH's standards he should have broke it somehow for a TD. Ginn was not looked at today in the passing game, because we did not control the game on offense. On another note, I am not sure if many people heard this but there was a play when Pennington was scrambling and threw it either to a short yardage reciever or out of bounds, but Soloman Wilcotts said on the replay that Pennington had am "OPEN" Ginn streaking down the field about 30 yards and running. I have heard previous statements regarding this type of situation and I am starting to believe that Ginn will not flourish under Penne, as he will when Henne takes over.Pennington simply doesnt have the arm strength for a vertical player like Ginn. Thats why he gets it to recievers like Camarillo, Fasano, and the backs because they arent vertical type of recievers. As much as I hate to amit that about Penne, but it is true.

Well here is my assessment of today's game. I'm sure I will get bashed on my views but I feel they are reasonable. Sunday's game has now become a must win against a pretty good Baltimore team(despite their peformance today). We need a win to stay in the Playoff race, because the divison rivals keep winning and we need to do so also.

Thoughts???

I totally agree with your view on Penne and his Arm compared to Teddy and his style of play. And I also hold your view on the Ronnie touchdown play that you take the points when you need them.

I believe Ronnie only got 13 carries because for some reason Ricky got the other half of the carries. Ronnie is a better runner than RIcky in my opinion and you need to give the ball to Ronnie. He has proven time and time again that when he gets the ball more he only continues to get better as the plays drudge on. His yards after 15 carries are better than his first once statistically. GIVE HIM THE BALL.

The Offense could not do this because they had NO TIME MANAGEMENT and couldn't complete a 3rd down conversion for the life of them until the Fourth Quarter. Big plays are nice but you need to keep the ball out of the other teams hands for long periods of time. This they did not do. Ronnie doesn't get the ball if the Offense can not move the ball (EFFECTIVELY) for 75% of the game.

I agree with Penne's arm as well. There was pass play to Ginn on what I think was a post on the first drive and Penne lobbed it out of bounds where any other QB would have thrown a much harder ball.

i pretty much agree with your assessment. thought we were beaten today in all three phases of the game. its gonna happen with a team thats young, new to each other, new coaching staff, new schemes. we had a chance to win this game and thats pretty positive after not controlling the game really in any way shape or form.

You can see that Sparano is well aware that Penny has no arm just by the last play we had. A little 3 years toss to Ricky. We should have tossed Henne in there to sling it deep and hope for a pass interference call. Just my opinion.

I agree. I didnt get to watch the game but I was at work watching on nfl.com and from what it looks like our offense didnt lose that game. we scored 4 offensive tds. Penny doesnt have a cannon arm but he can make some deep passes. I dont think the trust is there yet with Ginn IMO. The other recievers have proven they can get OPEN consitently and thats how you gain trust with your QB. My biggest concern is when any team gets down within the 5yd line you have to account for the QB. I dont care if its Peyton back there, the QB is dangerous around there. Put a hat on EVERYONE! Im mad that the phins lost but I still see a team that puts 100% effort into things. Granted our secondary gave up BIG plays we HAVE to get that fixed. We need a physical DB on our team badly because that seems like our achilles heal right now is the big recievers. We held randy moss to next to nothing, but boldin and johnson ran all over the place. Thats just my 2 cents:up:

I agree. I didnt get to watch the game but I was at work watching on nfl.com and from what it looks like our offense didnt lose that game. we scored 4 offensive tds. Penny doesnt have a cannon arm but he can make some deep passes. I dont think the trust is there yet with Ginn IMO. The other recievers have proven they can get OPEN consitently and thats how you gain trust with your QB. My biggest concern is when any team gets down within the 5yd line you have to account for the QB. I dont care if its Peyton back there, the QB is dangerous around there. Put a hat on EVERYONE! Im mad that the phins lost but I still see a team that puts 100% effort into things. Granted our secondary gave up BIG plays we HAVE to get that fixed. We need a physical DB on our team badly because that seems like our achilles heal right now is the big recievers. We held randy moss to next to nothing, but boldin and johnson ran all over the place. Thats just my 2 cents:up:

The fact is that Pennington hasn't shown that he can even make some deep passes. The only deep ball he threw today was to Cobbs who was incredibly open and Cobbs still had to wait for the ball.

btw.. miami is one of the worst teams in 3rd conversions.. we have only converted on like 1 of 19 or 20 3rd downs of 8+ yards.. that one we converted was today.. but yea..

Thats what i meant. He CAN get the ball there, it just doesnt look pretty. But when needed he can throw it 20+ to someone down field. I think Ginn needs to help his qb out some. Yea hes a speedster and deep threat but look at Steve Smith from Carolina, not all of his catches are bombs. He catches them 5-10 yds from the line and makes a couple people miss. Thats something that Ginn lacks right now. However we do have his family so thats a major plus :) jk

We have done very well the past few weeks on 3rd down besides today, but usually we arent at the top of the league on converting.

Thats what i meant. He CAN get the ball there, it just doesnt look pretty. But when needed he can throw it 20+ to someone down field. I think Ginn needs to help his qb out some. Yea hes a speedster and deep threat but look at Steve Smith from Carolina, not all of his catches are bombs. He catches them 5-10 yds from the line and makes a couple people miss. Thats something that Ginn lacks right now. However we do have his family so thats a major plus :) jk

He can get the ball there but he always has to put arc on the ball. He can never put it on a line which really limits what we can call.

Back
Top Bottom