Dr. Z. - Why is everyone in the AFC East on the defensive? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dr. Z. - Why is everyone in the AFC East on the defensive?

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
No-passing fad

Why is everyone in the AFC East on the defensive?

Kinda long, but all 4 teams have a section:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/dr_z/news/2003/08/15/drz_insider/

PatsWin,

God bless you, as always for posting each thing you find that might be worth reading. This one confounds me, though. I just read the whole damn thing that purports to be a report on the AFC East... and there was no "there" there.

If anyone finds the meat on dem bones, please let me know where it was.

Okay, to answer the writer's question is easy. The team's are beefing up their defenses, cause defenses win SB's. Tampa's D dominated the Raider's offense in the last one and made the Raider's players look really old.(heh, like they are) Now every team wants to make their defenses really strong to just dominate games IMO. Miami has the next-best chance to accomplish this next to T.Bay.

Thanx for the link PatsWin, but that was the longest article that said absolutely nothing, that I've ever read.

Yeah, this article was weak. Talked about irrelevant trivia like how ex-teammates of Sammy Knight are doing. To answer the question about defenses, teams are beefing up their D's b/c they plan to win by playing good defense and dominating the TOP.

Nothing has changed. DEFENSEs win CHAMPIONSHIPs, while offenses and cheesy slogans "Back with a Vengeance!" attempt to sell tickets.

Back
Top Bottom