Dr. Z's Mock Draft from SI.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dr. Z's Mock Draft from SI.com

arydolphin

Scout Team
Reaction score
I know that Dr. Z of Sports Illustrated rubs some people the wrong way, but I like his work, especially his breakdown of games. Anyways, his mock draft will be in this week's SI, but it's online for SI subscribers now. He has the Dolphins taking Jason Allen with the following opinion: "I've penciled them in for outside linebackers and a slew of wideouts and corners, but all of a sudden Allen's name came to me. Why not fortify another area of concern with the best free safety in the draft?" It's not a ringing endorsement, but it makes some sense. FYI, here are some guys that the Dolphins pass on in his mock draft: Jimmy Williams, Santonio Holmes, Winston Justice, Broderick Bunkley, Manny Lawson.

Possibly the biggest shocker in his draft is Antonio Cromartie to the Rams at #11 with this quote from Giants GM Ernie Accorsi about his workouts: "He looked like he was from another planet." He also has Ernie Sims going at #9 to the Lions, which seems pretty high for Sims, and Nick Mangold to the Bucs at #22 when Mangold is a borderline first rounder in a lot of other mocks. Guys going lower than possibly expected: Bunkley to the Pats at #21, Chad Greenway to the Jags at #28, Manny Lawson to the Jets at #29 (which would scare the crap out of me), and Deangelo Williams is nowhere to be found in his mock.

i ahve seen mocks of Sims going in the top 12

Nobody "is" anything until they get draftd where they get drafted. half of these players in the first round will either not even end up starting or will be busts in the making, so anyone who drafts a Nick Mangold, wherever they draft him, will get a winner.

Thanks for the summary.

I'd be happy with Jason Allen. He's a stud.
If Saban's comfortable enough with his injury history to take him at #16, then I'd rather have him over Whitner....

Back
Top Bottom