Draft analyst Mike Mayock says Dolphins franchise is at 'a crossroads' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft analyst Mike Mayock says Dolphins franchise is at 'a crossroads'

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Mike Mayock classified Ryan Tannehill as a disappointing first-round pick for the Miami Dolphins on Monday, and the NFL Network’s lead draft analyst hinted that the decision the franchise makes regarding the quarterback position this offseason could determine the fate of its leadership.
During a national conference call leading into the start of this week’s NFL scouting combine, Mayock pointed out that the Dolphins had one successful season, qualifying for the playoffs in 2016, and one disappointing season, producing a 6-10 record in 2017, in this regime’s two seasons together. He then asked “what’s next?”
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-mayock-draft-20180226-story.html

It does feel like Miami is treading water and in need of a very successful draft.

The national media doesn't seem to think very highly of Ryan Tannehill. I've always felt the Dolphins could win with him if they could build the offensive line and get the running game going. I still believe that, but if the front office sees a better quarterback option there's no reason not to be bold. I could definitely see the team trading up for a quarterback. In a sense, I'd like them to jump the Jets for Baker Mayfield, who I am sold on.

what i dont get is all the people that want to draft a QB in the first and we still the glaring issue is a crappy OLine that will get the next QB killed. Maybe take a look at what Tannehill did with that crappy OLine with desent coaching , 10-6 and the play offs. Some people got excited that a real (joke) QB in Culter would do in our offense. Please stop thinking of a QB in the first round until we get a competent OLine first.

I'm not keen on taking a QB in the 1st round of this draft, just because of our other needs. If we did....Allen would be my top choice.

Not cool DK you fooled me into clicking on an Omar article. Does anyone have a link to the actual Mayock interview so we can hear what he actually said and not what Omar thought he said?

Back
Top Bottom