Draft Article: #1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Article: #1

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
Draft Article #1

by Andrew "Jaj" Benteyan

Oh how, oh how, oh how, it feels to look over a draft afterwards and say we should have done this or done that. Well I am going to do one on this year's draft. Let's give it a go shall we?

2nd- Eddie Moore, Tennesee
Ya I know, this is the one most people hate. In retrospect it was not a good decision due to our having no #2 WR back then, and all the talk about us having Boldin on the phone and choosing Moore instead. Well yes, at this point, a mistake. One pick does not ruin a draft. Next year Moore should be able to give aging Seau some depth, maybe maybe sooner or later replace him, but Boldin, Calico, or Doss would have worked better. That statement does not come from retrospect. It comes from WR being our #2 need, LB was our #3. Besides, if we wanted a LB, why not a guy with size that can help out Thomas in the middle and give him a break once in a while like Victor Hobson?

3rd- Wade Smith, Memphis
Definitely our best pick. He is not as far as most think from being very good. Ya, I know he has struggled. But he seems to be getting better once again. He will need to gain muscle to about 310. Getting a LT in the third round, whichever way you say it, is a steal.

3rd- Taylor Whitley, Texas A & M
The worst pick in my opinion. Was a major reach when Gs, especially Montrae Holland, were available. Montrae Holland is a beast and will be a Pro Bowler soon. Besides, Brandon Lloyd, Chris Simms, and also Julian Battle were all available. Whitley has been a major dissapointment. Possibly next year he can pick up his play.

5th- Donald Lee, Mississippi St.
A good pick. He will form a solid TE duo with McMike for many years to come. Good blocker and receiver. Needs to stop with the damn penalities though.

5th- J.R. Tolver, San Diego St.
High praise on this guy for what seems like five months. I am still wondering why he never got a chance to play. But I expect him to be a very active competitor next year in training camp.

6th- Corey Jenkins, South Carolina
A bit old at 26 (during draft day). But has grabbed a job on special teams. Again good depth. Not too bad of a pick, relative to some of the other ones.

6th- Tim Provost, San Jose St.
A project. May compete for a spot next year in training camp. Still there were better players available that were immediate competitors.

6th- Yeremiah Bell, E. Kentucky
Very talented. Unfortunately injured again. May do something in training camp next year if fully recovered.

7th- Davern Williams, Troy St.
Wide-bodied defender that was also injured. May also beat out Romero for the 4th DT spot next year. Basically a good backup two gap tackle.

Overall we goofed. :lol: Thankfully the FO is very good at getting cheap FAs that can perform. Last year with Chester, and this year with Buckley.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jaj
Draft Article #1

by Andrew "Jaj" Benteyan

Oh how, oh how, oh how, it feels to look over a draft afterwards and say we should have done this or done that. Well I am going to do one on this year's draft. Let's give it a go shall we?

2nd- Eddie Moore, Tennesee
Ya I know, this is the one most people hate. In retrospect it was not a good decision due to our having no #2 WR back then, and all the talk about us having Boldin on the phone and choosing Moore instead. Well yes, at this point, a mistake. One pick does not ruin a draft. Next year Moore should be able to give aging Seau some depth, maybe maybe sooner or later replace him, but Boldin, Calico, or Doss would have worked better. That statement does not come from retrospect. It comes from WR being our #2 need, LB was our #3. Besides, if we wanted a LB, why not a guy with size that can help out Thomas in the middle and give him a break once in a while like Victor Hobson?

the fins excel in eddie moore's, just look at jamar fletcher!:yell:

Very Good analysis....

Back
Top Bottom