Draft Breakdown mock draft Feb 1 2017 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Breakdown mock draft Feb 1 2017

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
dolphins.gif
Forrest Lamp - OG - Western KentuckyLatest Video Player Page

http://draftbreakdown.com/mockdrafts/2017-nfl-mock-draft-post-senior-bowl-edition/

Not sure how I feel about this. Especially with Takk McKinley, Jabil Peppers, Zach Cunningham and David Njoku still available.

I'd rather see Miami take care of guard in free agency and then draft one later on.

I'd be ok with it, dude can play and Tunsil will be going back to LT sooner rather than later. But my personal preference for our pick as least as of right now is LB Jarrad Davis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather have Tim Williams from Alabama... he would be a steal at #22.

Williams is a baller, but then you have the overhanging drugs issue to deal with.

I'd be fine with this. One of my Las Vegas friends is ultra high on Lamp. His opinion is normally very good. I trust his judgment like some of the top guys here. Two years ago he was insistent that Zack Martin would be better than advertised.

I can't say I know much about Lamp. He looked good in the bowl game against Memphis but then got hurt in the Senior Bowl practices and limped around.

The best inflatable Whopper I ever saw was in Bowling Green, and visible from the parking lot of the Western Kentucky football stadium. Local Burger King had a promotion. It worked for me. I've sort of rooted for Western Kentucky ever since.

I'd be fine with this. One of my Las Vegas friends is ultra high on Lamp. His opinion is normally very good. I trust his judgment like some of the top guys here. Two years ago he was insistent that Zack Martin would be better than advertised.

I can't say I know much about Lamp. He looked good in the bowl game against Memphis but then got hurt in the Senior Bowl practices and limped around.

The best inflatable Whopper I ever saw was in Bowling Green, and visible from the parking lot of the Western Kentucky football stadium. Local Burger King had a promotion. It worked for me. I've sort of rooted for Western Kentucky ever since.

I don't know enough about Lamp to comment on his ability, but what Martin brought was versatility on the line. More than justified the spot. I think OG will be a lot easier to address in FA than LB or DE this year, so it's hard to envision going the opposite route.

Rather have Tim Williams from Alabama... he would be a steal at #22.

Can't play if he's suspended. This team cannot afford the luxury of another Dion Jordan or Randy Gregory.
They need to hit on their next few 1st rd picks

I don't know enough about Lamp to comment on his ability, but what Martin brought was versatility on the line. More than justified the spot. I think OG will be a lot easier to address in FA than LB or DE this year, so it's hard to envision going the opposite route.

If we can get a quality OG in FA like Ronald Leary then fine, otherwise we still need major help at OG with Tunsil's long term future at LT. Actually Lamp and then Pat Elfein in rd 3 (if he lasts that long) would be ideal, given that he can play Center or Guard and Pouncey's hip seems to be on a downward path.

God, please not another lazy lineman pick high in the draft.

Tunsil I can deal with, because of the slide and who else was available. But can we just execute some proper scouting and take a guard later in the draft like literally everyone else in the league does.

The highest I would be prepared to go on a guard is Damien Mama in the 3rd - and that's only because I don't have a fourth. Even then, I guarantee there'll be other options I prefer to drive this team forward and I'd be looking at one of my 5ths to snag a guard or a convert from center or tackle.

If we can get a quality OG in FA like Ronald Leary then fine, otherwise we still need major help at OG with Tunsil's long term future at LT. Actually Lamp and then Pat Elfein in rd 3 (if he lasts that long) would be ideal, given that he can play Center or Guard and Pouncey's hip seems to be on a downward path.

So, 2 high picks on the OL in a defense-heavy draft? No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom