Draft Day 2: Players Miami Dolphins are targeting in the second and third rounds Rea

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jimlerario, Apr 28, 2017.

1. jimlerario

jimlerario Well-Known Member

As much as some do not respect Armando, he was spot on last night about the Dolphins intentions. Mando brought up Barnett and Harris as the two Dolphins targets. Not only did we draft to his projection, but Grier, during his post-draft interview, directly confirmed it by saying "[the Dolphins] had two players they were targeting at 22, and he was one of the two."

With that being said, I will trust Armando when he brings up the likes of Cordrea Tankersley in round 2 and Cooper Kupp in round 3. Another WR, really? Signs of a Landry departure? I like the Cordrea kid in round 2, and see him as an instant upgrade. Him and Howard would be a fearsome tandem.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article147384069.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2017
  2. TruePoizon

TruePoizon Well-Known Member

goodness....keep wasting picks. No LB? OG? S? A CB might not be so bad though, but we have far more needs. I read a mock that said we are taking an RB (Samuel) in the 2nd round. I will cry if we take an RB lol

3. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Depends on how the board falls.

I'd love Tank, but if a backer is there it might be hard...

Need corners though and he's a good one..

4. jnozag

jnozag Well-Known Member

It's gotta be D again. I'd love Cunningham if he's there. Starting to like Josh Jones (S-NC State) more and more too

5. PlexGod

PlexGod Starter

I would love to get Zach Cunningham or Marcus Williams the safety

6. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Hammered Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

No surprise here on Tankersley. Prototypical Cover 2 press CB with the size and length to match.

7. da1nonlydre16

da1nonlydre16 Well-Known Member

I like Tankersley but where will he play this year? Or next? He, Howard, Lippett and Maxwell are all outside corners. Get a DB that can play the slot as well, Jalen Tabor, Fabian Moreau, Des King, Sydney Jones, Kevin King. I will have a Pat White type breakdown if we draft Cooper Kupp.

8. jimlerario

Although this is not Cordrea's strongsuit, he is an instant upgrade over Bobby McCain in the slot. I see the slot position as a major need for the Dolphins, and a major area that can drastically improve the defense.

Then, Cordrea can leapfrog Maxwell/Lippett for the other boundary position opposite Howard after earning his stripes a bit. This will solidify our Corner position, give Burke various options/combinations on the edge, and prepare us for possible injury.

9. Sons Of Shula

Tankersley is a perimeter press corner. If he can't disrupt the WR or at least initiate contact on the line he has a difficult time staying in their pocket. He's not a slot CB.

10. da1nonlydre16

That's my problem, What about Tankersley makes you feel he can play the slot? Where is the tape?He's an outside cornerback only in my eyes.

11. gunn34

gunn34 Pro Bowler

Cooper Kupp should not be on our boards at all. WR is the very last thing we need. We have too many now. Even if we were trading one of the starters, wouldn't Caroo take his place? They better not do anything stupid like this.

12. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

Yeah if we draft a WR in the 3rd I might have a stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Cordrea is definitely not a slot guy... if you're going to grab a DB early in the draft, at least take someone that can contribute in the next 2 seasons. Howard, Maxwell and Lippett are not going anywhere.

14. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team

You want a slot guy that can play go for Corn Elder. He helps the team in many other ways such as Special Teams but he could excel in the slot for us.

15. jimlerario

His 4.4 speed, mainly. Also, his hitting ability, physicality and strength in man coverage. This may only be short term, possibly a year. I would not go pure slot back in round 2 because both Maxwell/Lippett are short term answers and in need of an upgrade. He ran a 4.4, he will stay in the WRs pocket fine.

I say he surprises.

16. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP

Draft Day 2: Players Miami Dolphins are targeting in the second and third rounds

Day Two of the NFL draft will include the second and third round of the process, with teams having five minutes to make their selections. This is what the Miami Dolphins are thinking at this hour ...

At some point in Round 2 a run on cornerbacks will happen. This year’s class of cornerbacks was particularly deep to where teams believe they are going to be able to land first-round caliber cornerbacks into the second round. And the Dolphins seem poised to be part of that run as they have targeted Clemson cornerback Cordrea Tankersley for this round -- as I shared with you days ago.
    About Tankersley: He is an excellent scheme fit for the Dolphins because he has classic press corner traits. He’s angular at 6-1 and 200 pounds. He has a 32 1/4-inch wingspan, which is very good. Remember Devante Parker, who has a phenomenal catch radius, has a 33 1/4-inch wingspan. So an inch less on a corner is impressive.

https://miamiherald.relaymedia.com/...-blogs/armando-salguero/article147384069.html

Oops its already been posted. Please merge.

( I merged it Albert)

17. Tiko377

Tiko377 A True Fan

per Armando the Dolphins are in love with Cordrea Tankersley CB from Clemson

18. TruePoizon

TruePoizon Well-Known Member

He looks good on tape, but I have a feeling Cordrea will get called for lots of interferences in the NFL. Howard is obviously our #1 guy, but Cordrea as a #2 I think is good. I wouldn't want him as the #1 though

19. Greer17

Greer17 Well-Known Member

I would love for us to pick up Marcus Williams.

20. jimlerario

Personally, I am tired of the small slot guys. Put 6'1 Tank in the slot with his 4.4 speed, man ability, and blitz capabilities. So what if he has only taken a handful of snaps there. He is a ball player who will do fine in the slot.

21. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Just because he ran a 4.4 doesn't mean he will excel playing in the slot or sticking with his man.

22. Sons Of Shula

That's not how it works, but you already seem quite enamored with the pick and his overall abilities so there's no need to break it down any further. Best of luck tonight in getting your guy. :up:

23. raving

raving Starter

Kupp is crazy good!

I would LOVE to get that kid - what a beast!

24. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

Aren't Howard and Lippett boundary only corners?

25. Sons Of Shula

Pretty much. No Tankersley is not a slot CB. He's a perimeter press CB much like Howard.

26. Tiko377

Tiko377 A True Fan

IF tank is picked i think it pretty much puts notice to our NICKEL CB & to Maxwell that he will be cut after 2017.

27. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

If we take a WR in the 3rd round or actually anywhere, the FO would be admiting the big mistake they made last year when the traded away our 3 and 4 this year for Carroo. But what's worst, it'd show they haven't learn anything. Even if they don't believe Carroo will be the player they had hope for him to be, they have no business drafting a WR to once again not be able to play because of our top 3 WR's and with all the holes we still have on defense and the oline. I mean how much can we take as fans?

Ozzy rules!!

28. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

29. da1nonlydre16

I wish it was that simple but it's not, Tankersleys tape has not shown the ability to flip his hips or the quickness to keep up with slot receivers who excel at creating separation and playing in the middle of the field. I don't want us to draft a slot corner. I want us to draft a corner that can do both. Moreau, King, Tabor, Jones can do that. Tankersley doesn't bring anything different from Maxwell, Howard, Lippett.

30. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

3 boundary corners then? Sounds like a plan. [emoji19]

31. goonies

goonies A True Fan

I would trade our 2018 first round pick with jaguars for example for their 2017 2nd rd and 4th rd pick.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Give me Bucky Hodges in the third

32. Sons Of Shula

I'm not a fan of Maxwell, so there's some future outlook in that respect.

33. Ikema

Ikema FinHeaven VIP

cause you would get mad lol, listen to yourself... think before you post

34. broccoli rob

broccoli rob proud of your boy

We desperately need a backup for our backup, Carroo.

35. TheWozz

TheWozz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

My high school football coach loved putting his hand in front of his face and saying, you're thinking this far out. He'd then stretch his arm out and say, Im thinking this far out. Coach Whitcomb could teach a lot of the the posters here a lesson!

Why the angst of drafting a stud at an important position like CB just because we have Maxwell (who can be cut next year with no real cap concerns), Lippett (a project with potential) and Howard (whom I love, but he only played half the season last year with recurring knee problems). Ignoring the fact that the NFL learning curve means that a rookie will often sit a while, even if drafted at a need position, with the NFL off the charts on emphasis on passing (My God, 3rd and 3 is a passing down), getting as many guys on the team that can cover is important. Id definitely not reach for a CB and Id love to get a OLB, FS or G that is BPA, but if there is a talent sitting there at CB...pull the trigger.

36. Ikema

Ikema FinHeaven VIP

If they feel they made a mistake i would hope they would admit it and move on. No crime in that...

37. PSU Cane

PSU Cane Starter

I don't like Tankersly. I just don't. He has some really questionable tape and technique.

38. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

I think I'd want to ask them to throw in a bit more for a first round pick, but we could definitely do some trade swapping. I expect Tbum to use future assets today or tmrw. I wouldn't be opposed to it. If we could nab a starting G/S/LB..... sure

39. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

Drafting Cooper Kupp would be like when we drafted receiver Scott Schwedes in the second round in the late 1980s when we desperately needed defense. My friends laughed hard at me for that. It was frustrating because they were right; they knew it, I knew it, everyone knew it, except, you know, the actual professionals.

If for some reason you went off the grid on offense, I'd at least try to snag Jake Butt who might at least be a major steal. He's going to be a well rounded TE for the long term.

40. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

Sorry guys, but Kupp is a beast. A Patriot killer, I'm glad we're looking at him. Jakeem better watch out. Best player available?