Draft Day 2: Players Miami Dolphins are targeting in the second and third rounds Rea | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day 2: Players Miami Dolphins are targeting in the second and third rounds Rea

Draft Day 2: Players Miami Dolphins are targeting in the second and third rounds

Day Two of the NFL draft will include the second and third round of the process, with teams having five minutes to make their selections. This is what the Miami Dolphins are thinking at this hour ...

At some point in Round 2 a run on cornerbacks will happen. This year’s class of cornerbacks was particularly deep to where teams believe they are going to be able to land first-round caliber cornerbacks into the second round. And the Dolphins seem poised to be part of that run as they have targeted Clemson cornerback Cordrea Tankersley for this round -- as I shared with you days ago.
About Tankersley: He is an excellent scheme fit for the Dolphins because he has classic press corner traits. He’s angular at 6-1 and 200 pounds. He has a 32 1/4-inch wingspan, which is very good. Remember Devante Parker, who has a phenomenal catch radius, has a 33 1/4-inch wingspan. So an inch less on a corner is impressive.

https://miamiherald.relaymedia.com/...-blogs/armando-salguero/article147384069.html

Oops its already been posted. Please merge.

( I merged it Albert)

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks good on tape, but I have a feeling Cordrea will get called for lots of interferences in the NFL. Howard is obviously our #1 guy, but Cordrea as a #2 I think is good. I wouldn't want him as the #1 though

You want a slot guy that can play go for Corn Elder. He helps the team in many other ways such as Special Teams but he could excel in the slot for us.

Personally, I am tired of the small slot guys. Put 6'1 Tank in the slot with his 4.4 speed, man ability, and blitz capabilities. So what if he has only taken a handful of snaps there. He is a ball player who will do fine in the slot.

Personally, I am tired of the small slot guys. Put 6'1 Tank in the slot with his 4.4 speed, man ability, and blitz capabilities. So what if he has only taken a handful of snaps there. He is a ball player who will do fine in the slot.

Just because he ran a 4.4 doesn't mean he will excel playing in the slot or sticking with his man.

That's not how it works, but you already seem quite enamored with the pick and his overall abilities so there's no need to break it down any further. Best of luck tonight in getting your guy. :up:

If we take a WR in the 3rd round or actually anywhere, the FO would be admiting the big mistake they made last year when the traded away our 3 and 4 this year for Carroo. But what's worst, it'd show they haven't learn anything. Even if they don't believe Carroo will be the player they had hope for him to be, they have no business drafting a WR to once again not be able to play because of our top 3 WR's and with all the holes we still have on defense and the oline. I mean how much can we take as fans?

Ozzy rules!!

His 4.4 speed, mainly. Also, his hitting ability, physicality and strength in man coverage. This may only be short term, possibly a year. I would not go pure slot back in round 2 because both Maxwell/Lippett are short term answers and in need of an upgrade. He ran a 4.4, he will stay in the WRs pocket fine.

I say he surprises.

I wish it was that simple but it's not, Tankersleys tape has not shown the ability to flip his hips or the quickness to keep up with slot receivers who excel at creating separation and playing in the middle of the field. I don't want us to draft a slot corner. I want us to draft a corner that can do both. Moreau, King, Tabor, Jones can do that. Tankersley doesn't bring anything different from Maxwell, Howard, Lippett.

Back
Top Bottom