Draft Day Trade Speculation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day Trade Speculation

1-4-damoney-Tua-4-dashow

Active Roster
Reaction score
I find myself wondering early on in this off-season what other teams could be good trade partners should certain players fall in the draft that Miami covets.

I personally like the idea of making a trade with Atlanta for their #6 pick.

Mia receives:

6th pick
37th pick

Atl receives:

19th pick
Cameron Wake

I love Wake but he has 3 prime years tops left in him. We have a future star waiting in the wings in Dion Jordan and I want to give he and Vernon the reigns.

Atlanta is in a win now mode. They had a down year but are realistically health and a few pieces away from competing with the top dogs in the NFC. They were supremely lacking a pass rush last year after the departure of Abraham and Wake would immediately step in and give that D the edge it needs. Then with the 19th pick they can grab Ebron or another TE to replace the retired Gonzo.

The 6th pick gives Miami the pick of the litter after 3 of the top 5 picks are QB. Best case scenario one of these 3 players is available at 6 in this order.

Watkins
Matthews
Mack

Then with our 2 2nd round pick we grab a Rb and an OL.

I would like to know any others thoughts on draft day trades and who they think could be prime to move back. It is a long time until May so just trying to drum up some fun discussions.

Jordan hasn't proven anything and has no inside counter move right now...there's no way I'd trade wake this offseason...love Khalil Mack most explosive edge rusher in class but he's either 34 olb (ideal fit IMO) or 43 Sam...real strength in his hands but not a every down 43 de

If Jordan does make the leap this season and show growth with his rush arsenal then I may consider a wake trade next offseason...but only then and Jordan's gonna have to really finish on qbs in 2014

It's an interesting trade option. I think if Miami dealt Wake then I'd look to get Clowney, Mack or Ealy at #6. Might be a tad high for Ealy. Love both Watkins and Matthews, but need to make sure you can rush the passer consistently in this league. I wonder if Clowney would fall that low?

I actually think Miami could trade down this year into the 25-32 range to get another pick.
Having a new GM, he may want as many selections as possible.
It is deep year at oline. We may go after the 2nd and 3rd tier guys as opposed to grabbing the 3rd or 4th prospect at #19.
What kind of compensation would we receive if we trade down in that scenario?

I would not be opposed to that idea at all, and it may be quite feasible. Wake is getting on, and to trade him to a team that is a contender (the falcons did have a down year) would be a smart move. Jordan, Shelby, Vernon is not a real bad rushing DE trio. To trade up & get the 6th pick, we could get Clowney (I think he falls to 6 anyway), or Matthews/Lewan/Robinson isnt a real bad idea. Even sammy watkins at 6 would be pretty decent.

I agree with everyone that if Clowney were there at 6 that is a no brainer situation and would be the pick.

However, if Clowney is still at 5 we would need to trade with Oakland to get him because ATL would certainly pick Clowney and not trade with us. Clowney>Wake

Miami gives up picks 19 and 50

For...

Cleveland's picks 26, 35 and 6th round pick.

This trade is 100% equivalent on the trade value chart. Gets them a much better pick in 2nd round. Plus allows Miami to recoup the late rounder lost from McKinie trade.

This is a draft to move down if anything. It is deep and the team needs bodies. It is silly to think we are one player away from anything.

No way does a team take as little as Oakland last year to bail out of the top five.

Always funny seeing people wanting the fins to draft another TE and WR early. It doesnt matter if the QB is running for his life and getting smashed into the ground every other play. The fins need O-Line. Badly !!

Back
Top Bottom