Draft Guru Question on 2014 OT's? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Guru Question on 2014 OT's?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
http://walterfootball.com/draft2014OT.php

Here's a god read and run down on the projected top OT's for the 2014 draft. They have Matthews (Tex A & M) and Lewan (Mich) as top 20 picks, and 5 others rated 1st or 2nd rounders at this point, along with others rated between the 1st and 3rd rounds. It appears to be a very deep drat at OT but, I don't follow this like I used to.

Your thoughts, and who best fits the ZBS?

best fit is jake matthews...but we aren't sniffing him...he's the best college tackle on tape i have seen in the last few years...last year his tape was rediculous

lewan i think is a more power scheme fit has feet a lot like jake longs and unlike jake he's having troubles staying healthy in college even...

the bama kid was terrific last year but there's been some fall off in 2013 still i'm interested

only one though i think is plug and play never skip a beat is jake mathews...that's exactly what the doctor ordered in this scheme and o

richardson of tenn is a load can get off balance but he anchors pretty well and is hard to go thru still he's not all that great an athletic fit...hurst feet aren't great nor is his lateral agility

yankey and martin project as guards to me in the pros...and yankey looks physically a lot like jon martin so WATCH OUT ha ha

i havent seen enough erving yet but i see some athletes on that flo st oline

This is a pretty deep draft at OT and Erving is a good fit for the type of offense we run.

That may change next year though depending on who our Head Coach is next season.

best fit is jake matthews...but we aren't sniffing him...he's the best college tackle on tape i have seen in the last few years...last year his tape was rediculous

lewan i think is a more power scheme fit has feet a lot like jake longs and unlike jake he's having troubles staying healthy in college even...

the bama kid was terrific last year but there's been some fall off in 2013 still i'm interested

only one though i think is plug and play never skip a beat is jake mathews...that's exactly what the doctor ordered in this scheme and o

richardson of tenn is a load can get off balance but he anchors pretty well and is hard to go thru still he's not all that great an athletic fit...hurst feet aren't great nor is his lateral agility

yankey and martin project as guards to me in the pros...and yankey looks physically a lot like jon martin so WATCH OUT ha ha

i havent seen enough erving yet but i see some athletes on that flo st oline

Agree on Matthews. We have as mch chance of him being in a Phins uniform next year as his dad, who was one hell of a player. The only VG FA option at LT I see is Albert but, he is gonna cost a bunch. IF we were able to get him, would you go RT in the 1st, a G , maybe even C (depending on Pouncey or, wait until the 2nd based on this group?

This is a pretty deep draft at OT and Erving is a good fit for the type of offense we run.

That may change next year though depending on who our Head Coach is next season.

About half of the teams in the NFL are using the ZBS this year, some without the WCO. It appears to be the way to go IF you have the guys to do it with.

Agree on Matthews. We have as mch chance of him being in a Phins uniform next year as his dad, who was one hell of a player. The only VG FA option at LT I see is Albert but, he is gonna cost a bunch. IF we were able to get him, would you go RT in the 1st, a G , maybe even C (depending on Pouncey or, wait until the 2nd based on this group?

this is gonna sound like a cop out but it depends on what's on the board and what happens with our own dt free agents...right now i would say i'm in tackle dt lb mode with the top pick...but i wouldn't just take a guy like our staff does some times due to need over taking another position player that's a better talent

if we don't fix this oline though nothing else is gonna matter...it's that bad

and i doubt we will go lb considering how much we have spent there even though wheeler needs to be replaced as soon as possible...

Back
Top Bottom