Draft Moves | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Moves

jguig

Pro Bowler
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Love the Carey pick. What was that deal with our 3rd round pick? What was the point of getting quantity rather than quality? So now we get more people who aren't likely to even play. So far the fish are starting to rot from the head as the saying goes. The administrative upheavals are making their imact. The draft is over for now. What was the point???????

Thank you Mr. Happy Sunshine.

Very negative for your first post, but welcome anyway.

Welcome....I like the move in the third. There is some good talent to be had with the 4th pick (probably someone we would have taken in the 3rd will still be there) and we picked up another pick as well.

So we moved down...what.. 10 spots? Ya.. Im sure they wont be able to pick the same type of player.. :rolleyes:

I think they will pick the same guy that they had targetted with their 3rd round pick.

Trading the 3rd rounder was a nice move, IMO. Theres plenty of talent to be had in round 4 (and we have a very early pick in the round too, 6th i think) like Jericho Cotchery from NC state if we go WR and Nat Dorsey or Stacey Andrews if we need more OL. Heck, even Demorrio Williams is still there if we decide to go LB. We have plenty of options in round 4, and we have 5 day 2 picks to add some depth and potential to our roster. Good 1st draft for Rick so far if u ask me.

For what he had to work with yes. I think there are plenty of quality football players left in the OL, WR, CB, DT. I wish we had a bunch of 4th rounders. I would love to get Poole, T Luke, D Williams, and Dorsey or an OT. If we got those players, and Carey, it would be "in Wanstedt's vocabulary" "Heck of a" draft.

SkapePhin said:
So we moved down...what.. 10 spots? Ya.. Im sure they wont be able to pick the same type of player.. :rolleyes:

I think they will pick the same guy that they had targetted with their 3rd round pick.

First Welcome to the board jguig. Hope tommorows rounds in the draft treats you better :)

Now, I like the move in the 3rd. We dropped down a couple of spots and got an extra pick in the 5th. So that is not so bad.

But I feel as if NE or the Vikings really punked us on the Vernon Carey deal. I think they knew who we HAD to pick and drove the price up. Rick had to deal the 3rd to get that draft pick back, in some fashion. I think the Cowboys were a real threat to move up and take Carey, but I think NE or the Vikings knew we where between a rock and a hard place and took full advantage of it.

Oh well, today was rather uneventful, but we have some picks in tommorows rounds so start praying Rick and the fins finds some gems in those late rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck, I'd take it one step further and trade down 5-6 more spots to pick up another 5th if there was still value on my board. These are the players that will give us our depth, and possibly be starting in a couple years for players like Timbo, Jr., and nickle or dime DB.

Back
Top Bottom