Draft Next season... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Next season...

F

FLOUNDER

So if we win or lose next weeks game, Where exactly does that put us in the first round draft? like 19th 20th? something like that

I dont expect lienart or vince young to be there, so who will be there for us to draft?

The Fins will draft anywhere from 17th to 22nd depending on this next week with the Fins game, Dallas, Washington, Atlanta, San Diego, and Kansas City.

I dont know who will be there but I would love Jimmy Williams to fall that far although that is EXTREMELY unlikely

I guess you've been away for a while cos there's been a million threads about this...we're at 15 now and we'll be around that regarless of next week.Lots of people are hoping for Jay Cutler at 15 if he's there...if not then maybe Chad Greenway.

Ozzy rules!!

The fins are 15th right now and can possibly fall to 16th or 17th depending on atlanta and minnesota losing and miami winning next week. If the record is a tie, miami picks before atlanta and minnesota in round 1 because of a weaker opponents strength of schedule. after round 1 miami would pick after them and would continue alternating with those teams every round.

Danny said:
I guess you've been away for a while cos there's been a million threads about this...we're at 15 now and we'll be around that regarless of next week.Lots of people are hoping for Jay Cutler at 15 if he's there...if not then maybe Chad Greenway.

Ozzy rules!!

You expect Saban to sit at 15?? I think he knows what this team needs and if he's in love with a player like a Leinart, I see him shooting up to get him. Qb I believe is going to happen in this draft! :D

FuturePhin said:
You expect Saban to sit at 15?? I think he knows what this team needs and if he's in love with a player like a Leinart, I see him shooting up to get him. Qb I believe is going to happen in this draft! :D

I'm not so sure of that. Saban seems to have put a premium on picks. Moving up in the draft usually requires trading away picks.

FuturePhin said:
I could see Saban moving up a couple of spots but to move up into the top 3 it'd take a lot and that I don't see Nick doing.And what makes you think he wants Leinart so bad anyway?Not saying he doesn't want him but I think we'll be staying at our spot.

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

pigskinguy said:
I'm not so sure of that. Saban seems to have put a premium on picks. Moving up in the draft usually requires trading away picks.

Very true. But for a player that he can build with for 10 plus years, I say its worth given up some picks.

Danny said:
I could see Saban moving up a couple of spots but to move up into the top 3 it'd take a lot and that I don't see Nick doing.And what makes you think he wants Leinart so bad anyway?Not saying he doesn't want him but I think we'll be staying at our spot.

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

Im guessing that he wants the most proven qb in college football today. He knows he cant build on with a 34 year old Gus. We need a young qb to build on. This teams all about future. Whats a good rb without a qb? Thats why Im leading towards Leinart.

Somebody read my mind with Williams (VT) but then I thought about it, and with Poole returning with Howard and Daniels, I don't think we would go that route, in the 1st even if Mortensen says Madison is out. Nevertheless, Williams is a dogg, and should get a look.

FuturePhin said:
Very true. But for a player that he can build with for 10 plus years, I say its worth given up some picks.

I would make the trade because of the huge fall off at the Qb position after Leinart. I don't know if Saban will though. Still alot of holes on the team and I don't know if giving up everything to get Leinart would be in the plans.

Back
Top Bottom