Draft Order | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Order

Haywood

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For those of you Draftniks out there....where will the dolphins be drafing in round 1? #20 maybe? also, who are the top players at positions that the fins need to address? WR,OL, QB

thanks

Yes, we are officially locked into the 20th pick. If there isn't a QB, olineman, WR, or DT worth taking trade down.

Best scenario the draft could work out for us. Get a 1st/3rd round picks for Ogun. Trade that mid rounder for a later first to gain a mid 2nd round pick.

Take a QB/WR with the 2 first rounders
Take the best OL on the board with the 2nd rounder
Take a DE/DT with the 2 3rd rounders (provided one isn't trading in a drop down with that first rounder to get a 2nd rounder).
Then with the rest of the pics work OL/WR and hope for a serviceable player.

Of course that's a 'best scenario'

NO!

If Dave and Norv remain and

If we get two number ones I want OL/WR in that order.

Take the remaining years that Kurt Warner has left.

Originally posted by ZOD
NO!

If Dave and Norv remain and

If we get two number ones I want OL/WR in that order.

Take the remaining years that Kurt Warner has left.

Kurt Warner doesn't have anything left.

This offensive line needs WHOLESALE changes for a drop back pocket QB like Warner. You don't get Wholesale changes with your back up against a cap wall. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Todd Perry was back and Nails resigned on the cheap. Not to mention Todd Wade will be gone so that 2nd rounder might go back into a RT.

I was thinking more along the lines of trading up to get Eli. What do you think? where's eli going? top five?

I'd rather have Roethlisberger.

Our oline next year: Smith-???-McKinney-???-???

We definitely need to draft someone & I would like it to be Vernon Carey if Ben, Eli, or Andrew Walter aren't available because Carey can play any of those three positions.

UFAs to look at are obviously John Tait & Chad Clifton & maybe Eric Beverly to play guard(we signed him once before as a RFA). I'm still iffy on whether or not to keep Perry because he's due to make the same amount he did this year.

I'd like to address LB and CB if possible. Zach ain't getting younger. Neither is Junior.

T-Buck is aging. Madison is starting to decline. Fletcher was a bust.

Safety too. Yeremiah Bell might be an answer. We need to add speed and youth regardless.

All that said, offensive line and QB are the top priorities.

Originally posted by Haywood
I was thinking more along the lines of trading up to get Eli. What do you think? where's eli going? top five?

No firepower for that. To trade up in the first 5 picks we would need to probably trade the 2 1st rounders and at least a 3rd rounder.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Can someone tell me exactly how winning vs. losing today affected our draft position? If we're #20 with the win, what would it have been had we lost?

We'd still have been 20th with a loss today by the way things took place.

I'd like to address LB and CB if possible. Zach ain't getting younger. Neither is Junior.

I've got faith in Greenwood, Hendricks, & Moore. We better avoid any defensive players early unless a Sean Taylor or Marlin Jackson or Vince Wilfork are available.

Well I chose DE and DT because it's a possibility that Tim Bowens isn't back this next year and we have a DT trio of Chester/Zgonina/Romero. Then of course a replacement in the mix for Ogun.

Since we kept Wannstedt, we are definitely going to draft a DT, CB, or FS in the first round. We won't take what we need most, which would be a WR, OL, or QB for the future.

Back
Top Bottom