Draft Pat Watkins! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Pat Watkins!

Jo-E

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Okay maybe I'm a little biased b/c I am a student at FSU but I really want the fins to draft this safety in a later round.

Height: 6-4 3/4 | Weight: 211 | 40-Time: 4.42

Strengths:
Has tremendous size with long arms and the frame to add more weight...Is a very good athlete...Mobile and has excellent range to make plays sideline-to-sideline...Smart and a leader on the field...Great leaper who knows how to go up and get the ball...Will support the run...Still has some upside and potential.

Weaknesses:
Must hit the weight room and get stronger...Needs to bulk up...Not overly physical or explosive despite his size...Inconsistent...Struggles a bit and gets turned in man coverage...Has some minor durability concerns...A bit of an underachiever who didn't always play up to his ability...Only two years of starting experience.

Notes:
Top recruit coming out of high school...Could be chosen earlier than he should based on workouts...From a physical standpoint he would seem to have all the tools you look for and is exactly what the pros are looking for in a safety today.

Just from watching him this past year I was amazed that people aren't talking about him this year.... I sat right next to him at Firehouse Subs and this man is huge.. thought he was a bball player or something... we could def use depth at this possition..

DRAFT PAT WATKINS! :dolphins:

Boomer said:
Early to mid 2nd rounder.

boomer do u see us acquiring a 2nd rounder somehow? perhaps tarding out of rd 1 spot/

I think he might go before we have a chance to draft him in the 3rd.

I read on warchant that some teams, including the fins have talked to him about switching over to WR. Either way, he's got all the measureables and would be a great late rounder. Jump on him if he's there in the 3rd.

By the way, the Seminole I really want to see us draft in the first is Ernie Sims. This guys a real stud at OLB with great speed. He's such a vicious hitter that he knocked 2 of FSUs TEs out for the year in 1 day of spring practice. Next he hit someone so hard he infured his neck. They had to put him in a no contact jersey to protect the other players. Stud stud stud

SR 7 said:
boomer do u see us acquiring a 2nd rounder somehow? perhaps tarding out of rd 1 spot/

Trading down is always an option, but it's far easier to talk about than to achieve.

which teams could be interested to trade draft picks and who would give a 1st and a 2nd for our #16? isn't a 1st and a 3rd more realistic?

SR 7 said:

What's tarding?

Yeah, anyway we may trade for more picks, Saban like's his picks.

Montella said:
which teams could be interested to trade draft picks and who would give a 1st and a 2nd for our #16? isn't a 1st and a 3rd more realistic?

What up Montella?

Someone is gonna jump Watkins in the first round... I wouldn't mind if it was us though.

Montella said:
doing good, hope to get some news of la but there is nothing.... :shakeno:

Some guy on another thread said by the end of the day he will be ours, I don't think by the end of today he is visiting JAX tomorrow maybe by the end of tomorrow, he wil be ours!:D

NickJr. said:
I read on warchant that some teams, including the fins have talked to him about switching over to WR. Either way, he's got all the measureables and would be a great late rounder. Jump on him if he's there in the 3rd.

By the way, the Seminole I really want to see us draft in the first is Ernie Sims. This guys a real stud at OLB with great speed. He's such a vicious hitter that he knocked 2 of FSUs TEs out for the year in 1 day of spring practice. Next he hit someone so hard he infured his neck. They had to put him in a no contact jersey to protect the other players. Stud stud stud

w00t!!!! If we take a LB in the 1st let it be him.

icephinfan said:
Some guy on another thread said by the end of the day he will be ours, I don't think by the end of today he is visiting JAX tomorrow maybe by the end of tomorrow, he wil be ours!:D

yeah i saw, and hope it's true...

but to this thread, to get a 2nd round pick in a trade and get cromartie in the 1st and watkins in the 2nd would be great, i think...

Back
Top Bottom