Draft Prospects who WILL or WON'T Disappoint | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Prospects who WILL or WON'T Disappoint

killswitch

engage
Reaction score
The following are working lists of prospects that I’m predicting will or won’t disappoint as NFL players. These lists don’t take into account for how much the prospects may disappoint or surprise; it simply predicts whether they ultimately will or wont disappoint, disregarding injuries, and taking into account where they’re drafted (or expected to be drafted as of now). For example, just because Eric Henderson made the “Prospects Who Will Disappoint†list doesn’t mean I think he’ll be a bad NFL player; it just means I think his value won’t be worth where he was drafted. I’m expecting him to be drafted around the 3rd round, but I think he’ll prove to only be an situational pass rusher and career backup not worth 3rd-round value.

The prospects are ordered within their school year (arranged by seniors and juniors) and by they’re predicted draft spots, but not necessarily by who I think is the better prospect. For example, I think Dominque Byrd will be a better NFL player than Max Jean-Gilles (even though I also think Jean-Gilles will prove to be a solid player himself), but since I don’t think he’ll will be drafted ahead of Jean-Gilles, Byrd’s lower on the list.

In making these two lists, I didn’t account for injuries or the risk of injuries (Brodie Croyle, Jason Allen, Ray McDonald, and Eric Henderson, and especially Will Derting, among others, are all prospects who’ve shown problems with injuries; I didn’t account for injuries because it’s too random to predict in my opinion, and, because injuries don’t take away from the talent a prospect may have.) For players who aren’t included on either list, I haven’t formed an opinion on them. So just because Matt Leinart didn’t make the first list doesn’t mean I think he’ll be a disappointment; it just means I haven’t formed an opinion on him. (And I’m aware that not all of the juniors I’ve included will declare for the draft; in fact, most I’ve included will probably not.)

Prospects Who Won’t Disappoint

LB...A.J. Hawk...Ohio State...Sr.

RB...DeAngelo Williams...Memphis...Sr.

OT...D’Brickashaw Ferguson...Virginia...Sr.

OLB...DeMeco Ryans...Alabama...Sr.

OG...Max Jean-Gilles...Georgia...Sr.

OT...Marcus McNeill...Auburn...Sr.

DE...Elvis Dumerville...Louisville...Sr.

OT...Jeremy Trueblood...Boston College...Sr.

DT...Jesse Mahelona...Tennessee...Sr.

DE...Darryl Tapp...Virginia Tech...Sr.

QB...Jay Cutler...Vanderbilt...Sr.

C...Greg Eslinger...Minnesota...Sr.

QB...Brodie Croyle...Alabama...Sr.

WR...Sinorice Moss...Miami (FL)...Sr.

TE...Dominique Byrd...USC...Sr.

OG...Daryn Colledge...Boise State...Sr.

S...Jason Allen...Tennessee...Sr.

QB...Charlie Whitehurst...Clemson...Sr.

RB...P.J. Daniels...Georgia Tech...Sr.

DT...Larry Dibbles...Texas...Sr.

QB...Darrell Hackney...UAB...Sr.

S...Jamaal Fudge...Clemson...Sr.

LB...Will Derting...Washington State...Sr.

RB...Reggie Bush...USC...Jr.

RB...Laurence Maroney...Minnesota...Jr.

RB...Maurice Drew...UCLA...Jr.

LB...Ahmad Brooks...Virginia...Jr.

RB...Brian Calhoun...Wisconsin...Jr.

DE...Ray McDonald...Florida...Jr.

Prospects Who Will Disappoint

DT...Rodrique Wright...Texas...Sr.

WR...Jonathan Orr...Wisconsin...Sr.

DE...Eric Henderson...Georgia Tech...Sr.

TE...David Thomas...Texas...Sr.

QB...Omar Jacobs...Bowling Green...Jr.

RB...Michael Bush...Louisville...Jr.

WR...Jeff Samardzija...Notre Dame...Jr.

S...Will Herring...Auburn...Jr.

*prospects in bold are the ones I'm most confident about

-and by the way, I didn't really do this randomly; I have an explanation for why each player made whichever list

BOOMER...your thoughts?

I saw Killswitch Engage in concert a couple months back.

List looks pretty good.

Ok so jacobs runs a spread offense whats your point?

That also gives him a chance to make more bad plays and he doesnt

killswitch said:

wasnt replying to you, but someone a few posts up

EDIT: Ok it was you a few posts up

Your explanation on Jacobs says he puts up #'s because of his spread offense

I was just pointing out that also gives him more chances to make mistakes

Alex22 said:
wasnt replying to you, but someone a few posts up

EDIT: Ok it was you a few posts up

Your explanation on Jacobs says he puts up #'s because of his spread offense

I was just pointing out that also gives him more chances to make mistakes

no it doesn't. a spread offense is usually very QB-firendly. The teams just popping to mind that run a spread offense are Texas Tech, Hawii, and Bowling Green (of course there are others). Now go look at the QB stats for those teams over the past few years. seriouisly, go look.

Timmy Chang for Hawii put up record-setting numbers, as did Josh Harris for Bowling Green, as did BJ Symons for Texas Tech as couple years ago and Cody Hodges for Texas Tech this year. None of those QB's are on NFL rosters now (and Cody Hodges won't even get drafted as he's not even considered a real NFL prospect). The spread offense that these teams run are the most QB-friendly system that exists. How in the **** can u reason that a spread offense means a QB has more chances to make a mistake. U obviously don't know football well, b/c a spred offense opens up the field for a QB, making it relatively easier for the passing game.

(And btw, my argument for why Jacobs won't be good in the NFL isn't just based on the fact that he's overrated b/c of the spread offense he's in. I really just think he lacks the QB skills, as I said his accuracy is extremely overrated, he doesn't have a great arm, his release is horrible, etc.)

killswitch said:
no it doesn't. a spread offense is usually very QB-firendly. The teams just popping to mind that run a spread offense are Texas Tech, Hawii, and Bowling Green (of course there are others). Now go look at the QB stats for those teams over the past few years. seriouisly, go look.

Timmy Chang for Hawii put up record-setting numbers, as did Josh Harris for Bowling Green, as did BJ Symons for Texas Tech as couple years ago and Cody Hodges for Texas Tech this year. None of those QB's are on NFL rosters now (and Cody Hodges won't even get drafted as he's not even considered a real NFL prospect). The spread offense that these teams run are the most QB-friendly system that exists. How in the **** can u reason that a spread offense means a QB has more chances to make a mistake. U obviously don't know football well, b/c a spred offense opens up the field for a QB, making it relatively easier for the passing game.

(And btw, my argument for why Jacobs won't be good in the NFL isn't just based on the fact that he's overrated b/c of the spread offense he's in. I really just think he lacks the QB skills, as I said his accuracy is extremely overrated, he doesn't have a great arm, his release is horrible, etc.)

Um wow

ask any scout and they will tell you he has an amazing arm and great accuracy

his faults are his bad mechanics and occasional bad decisions

Also how can you not say a spread offense gives more chances for mistakes

more throws = more opportunity's to make a mistake such as a bad read or bad throw

just as it gives you more chances to make a good play

Omar Jacobs has a very strange throwing motion and it wont be so easy to throw that way in the NFL, hes also part of a different type offence at Bowling Green. Both factors are negitive to his success in the NFL.

Alex22 said:
more throws = more opportunity's to make a mistake such as a bad read or bad throw

just as it gives you more chances to make a good play

so if the spread offense isn't QB-friendly, then tell me what accounts for the consistent highly inflated statistics for QB's who play in the spread offense?

And if your gonna talk about what scouts say, i can guarantee you that all scouts agree the spread offenses of Bowling Green, Hawaii, and Texas Tech, etc. are extremely QB-FRIENDLY. It's really not even debatable when you look at the stats. How else does Cody Hodges throw for 643 yds in a game?

Back
Top Bottom