Draft Prospects | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Prospects

nice work DK... looks like a lot of work went into that. I like a lot of those guys.

i've been beating werners drum for a while now... obviously.

he's my first round target this year. and I dont see that changing.

This list will be updated continuously until the 2013 draft

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

nice work DK... looks like a lot of work went into that. I like a lot of those guys.

i've been beating werners drum for a while now... obviously.

he's my first round target this year. and I dont see that changing.
I think Werner would be a great bookend with Wake, but I do not think he is going to be there when we pick.

This list will be updated continuously until the 2013 draft

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

I think Werner would be a great bookend with Wake, but I do not think he is going to be there when we pick.

yea I hear ya, I liked our chances of grabbing him better before last weeks win. Now I think we have played ourselves out of contention for his services. It will maybe have to be somebody like mingo or moore/montgomer... whoever is there... still would try to double up with a flyer on carradine later... I'd like to have 3 great guys we could throw in there.

hate to trade up for the guy, but if we are only talking a spot or two... what do you think about that? hate giving away picks... wonder if somebody would go for a future pick...

I think trading up is something that you only do for a once in a lifetime player and if that is the case, you probably can not do it anyway. Just stick with the hand that is dealt to you and if your not an idiot, you can find talent. Now, I know we have Ireland so I know we are going to slip between coherent and delusional picks. Just hope he does not screw us to bad. In his defense, the last draft was not too bad- so there is hope.

14. Dion Jordan DE Oregon 6'7" 243
A very raw, long, and lean prospect, defensive end Dion Jordan is one of the leaders on the Oregon Ducks. Given his tremendous frame, the sky is the limit as long as he can continue to add bulk as his career progress in the NFL. Jordan is a very good athlete with a good first step and burst. Still requires coaching up in his technique. Relies on long arms to push away defenders. He needs to add strength in his upper and lower body. Projects as 3-4 OLB.
Plays at his best against the run when in pursuit. Not built to handle powerful blockers head-on. His quick first step works best when it gets him into favorable position early. Not particularly aggressive and will sometimes fail to seal the edge contain. He has experience playing as a defensive end. Jordan is very tough and committed. No questioning his motor or hustle. In a few years, he may be able to play 4-3 DE, but must add weight and more power to his game.
Jordan projects as a mid-first round prospect in the 2013 NFL Draft.
[video=youtube;XdpzGUxkek4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdpzGUxkek4[/video]
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=3393

Last edited by a moderator:
15. Johnthan Banks CB MSU 6'2" 185
Banks had a huge season for the successful Mississippi State Bulldogs in 2011. The junior cornerback led the team with 14 passes defensed, nine pass breakups, five interceptions, and three forced fumbles. He also compiled 71 tackles (46 solo, eight for loss). Of course, it's not like the performance came out of nowhere. Banks played in 12 games as a freshman (at safety) and started the last seven before starting 12 games at left cornerback as a sophomore. Even before this breakout campaign he had seven career interceptions. The Maben, MS native is a versatile defender who can play either safety or cornerback at the next level. He has outstanding size at 6'2'' and can thus contend with almost any NFL receiver. Banks weighs in at 185 pounds and he has room on his frame to add some bulk, which he should do if he moves back to safety. He generally runs in the 4.5s in the 40-yard dash and he has been clocked as fast as 4.42 from that distance. Banks served as MSU's primary punt returner in 2011, averaging more than 10 yards to go along with a touchdown. If he decides to leave early, Banks could be a late first-rounder in the 2012 NFL Draft.
[video=youtube;yr_i3uH8UQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr_i3uH8UQE[/video]
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=3057

matt barkley is overrated. wasn't impressed with him at all this year.
I think he is a good player just not great. He is lacking in a little arm strength for my taste. I have seen few games of his being I live about 2500 mi. away, but he does not seem to be worth all the hype he received last year.

16. Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee 6'4" 205
A big, strong target who is a mismatch waiting to happen on the outside because of his ability to go over smaller DBs, Patterson has prototype size and leaping ability. He's a bully on the outside, and that's meant in a good way. He attacks defensive backs with the ball in his hands, and with his long strides, he's deceptively fast. His size and skill make him a difficult cover.
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4921228

According to scout.com's Adam Kennedy, Patterson is a bully on the outside because of his size compared to defensive backs. His size creates mismatches, and Bray will certainly take advantage of his strength, and leaping ability, on the outside.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...to-tennessee-over-lsu-what-he-brings-to-table
Though he was a relative unknown for two years while in junior college, Patterson has dazzled this season with touchdowns rushing, receiving and returning kicks. The Vols lined him up at tailback against Mississippi State for a 15-yard gain on a simple toss play. As a polished wideout, though, Patterson has a ways to go.

"Cordarrelle Patterson is probably more naturally talented than Hunter, which is saying a lot," McShay said. "You're talking about maybe the most -- just in terms of raw tools, he may be the most talented wide receiver in the country. They're handing him the ball, and why not?

"He's so talented in the open field carrying the ball. He's smooth. When you watch him, for such a big guy, he can make cuts and weave in and out of traffic. I think he's playing 101 level wide receiver in terms of running routes and understanding coverages. He has a lot to learn in that regard. Who knows if he's coming back, too."[video=youtube;QypUGJch5yk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QypUGJch5yk[/video]
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/oct/20/analyst-vols-trio-stay-at-ut-tennessee-vols/

I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of drafting Montee Ball with the our high second round pick. Keenan Allen, Montee Ball, and a DE/CB (not sure who yet) would be fantastic imo.

Great piece of work.... thanks for sharing.

I'd be interested to hear your view on Skov in our 43. This past year was mostly spent recovering from the injury the previous year so suspect this may have him around the 3rd/4th round... would love to have him in a Dolphin uni. Tough, intelligent, physical, good motor and has that mean streak that we really don't have in our LB corp at present.
The limited film I have seen on Skov, he seems to have that search and destroy attitude you want in a MLB. I don't see anything that suggests that he can not be effective in our scheme. He seems to have good vision and plays off his DL to shoot the gap. Playing a short zone, he seems he can hold up in pass propect. But I do not know if I would want him running downfield with a TE, but how many LBs do you want running with a TE. Like former Oiler/Titan's TE Frank Wychek said "No LB can cover a TE man to man in the NFL." That is what he said, just relaying the info. The one thing I will say in the negative is that he looks like he gets gobbled up by OL. If he can keep his hands extended he is OK, but too often I saw him let the OL get into him and he had trouble dis-engaging. Like I said, I have seen limited film on him so maybe this is not a big problem. I am not high on Dansby. Good LB, just not great. Certainly not as great as his opinion of himself. The only thing he has over Skov is experience. Give Skov some experience and I think he could be just as effective.

17. Tyler Wilson Arkansas QB 6'3" 220
Skill-Set Summary: Wilson has the look of an NFL quarterback. He stands tall in the pocket and reads defenses well. The decision-making he displayed as a junior was very impressive.

Wilson has a strong arm and is an accurate passer. He showed the ability last season to push the ball outside the numbers and move the ball down the field with precision passes. With his size, arm and intellect, the Arkansas signal-caller will most likely be viewed as a possible safe pick to scouts.

While Wilson is a pocket passer, he is not a complete statue. He can move around to buy himself time and take advantage of openings with his legs. It is clear that Wilson is not a running quarterback who will rack up big rushing totals. However, he has enough athleticism to keep a defense honest and avoid some sacks with his legs.

For the NFL, Wilson could help himself by throwing the deep ball well in 2012 and showing the intangibles to elevate his game in crunch time. His stock would also receive a nice boost if he plays well against the elite defenses on his schedule.

[video=youtube;0BlUNnThoTQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BlUNnThoTQ[/video]
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013twilson.php

** After a nightmare season, Wilson's stock has dropped. I think it is more due to John L Sullivan and his staff than Wilson's ability

18. Knile Davis RB Arkansas 6'0" 226
Summary
Storming the SEC in his first season as a starter in 2010, Knile Davis exploded for 1,322 yards rushing and 13 touchdowns, as well as 19 catches for 136 yards and a lone receiving touchdown. Handling over 200 touches without showing signs of wear and tear, but rather building momentum as the season went along, Davis flashed his workhorse skill set, elite physical tools, and well-rounded game as a pass catcher. Davis' instinctive and decisive running style, matched with patience to set up and cut off of blockers, allowed for success as both a perimeter and between-the-tackles runner.

When pressing the edge, Davis does an excellent job of locating the cutback lane, planting and accelerating off his cuts, and reaching the 2nd level. Possessing subtle elusiveness to not give tacklers an direct target to strike, Davis constantly shrugged off arm tacklers to and through the hole, accelerating out to the 2nd and 3rd levels of the defense for big plays. Physically, Davis is an elite talent, with plus coordination, fluidity as a runner, change of direction skills, and impressive lateral agility for a back his size. His size/speed combo and instincts as a runner, will make him a sought after commodity should he declare for the upcoming draft. [video=youtube;zRLW_EbJcUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRLW_EbJcUg[/video]
http://optimumscouting.com/rankings/scouting-reports/2013-nfl-draft-knile-davis-scouting-report.html

*Missed the entire 2011 season with an ankle injury

QB would probably be one of the only positions I wouldn't look at, as long as we keep Matt Moore as the backup to Tannehill....I would keep Devlin around as the #3. Montee Ball is a guy who should be a nice workhorse back. I think Reggie is getting up there in age and I probably would let him go and maybe have Thomas and a guy like Montee Ball sharing the workload, if we were to go with a RB early on. I dont think we should take a RB with our first or 2A pick but maybe with a 2B pick if Ball is still on the board. I wonder how much Ireland focuses on "team need" versus taking the BPA....we have tons of needs so it wouldn't hurt us either way.

QB would probably be one of the only positions I wouldn't look at, as long as we keep Matt Moore as the backup to Tannehill....I would keep Devlin around as the #3. Montee Ball is a guy who should be a nice workhorse back. I think Reggie is getting up there in age and I probably would let him go and maybe have Thomas and a guy like Montee Ball sharing the workload, if we were to go with a RB early on. I dont think we should take a RB with our first or 2A pick but maybe with a 2B pick if Ball is still on the board. I wonder how much Ireland focuses on "team need" versus taking the BPA....we have tons of needs so it wouldn't hurt us either way.
Having Ireland in charge of the draft scares me no matter which way he goes whether it is BPA or need. My biggest fear is we going to hear,"With Miami's first pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dolphins select OL..."

Back
Top Bottom