Draft Rating Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Amish Pirate, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Amish Pirate

Amish Pirate Well-Known Member

The past few years I've done a thread where you post your teams and I rate them. Won't have time to fully do that this year but how about everyone post your teams here (if you are in 10 leagues just do your main one or two) and everyone can chime in. Be sure to post essentials like number of teams in you league, number of starters at each position and extras like if it's PPR or whatever.

My first draft is Thursday night, Ill report back in then.

2. susser2000

susser2000 A True Fan

I won't bore you with my 8 team dynasty league (easy money), but I do have two 10 team leagues that I'm in. Both run QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex (WR/RB), TE, D/ST, K and both are PPR (half point I believe). In this league, we get completion points for QB as well; I had the sixth pick:

QB Eli Manning
    WR Antonio Brown
    WR Golden Tate
    RB CJ Anderson
    RB Justin Forsett
    TE Heath Miller
    WR Amari Cooper
    RB Alfred Morris
    TE Julius Thomas
    WR Desean Jackson
    RB Joique Bell
    WR Mike Wallace
    RB Reggie Bush
    QB Cam Newton
    K Dan Carpenter
    D/ST Arizona

Damn, I didn't realize how many former Dolphins I had on that team until I typed it up. Oh well, I was going for a few Dolphins but didn't want to choose too early and didn't get them. I have my second 10 team draft this Saturday night, so I will post that one later on.

3. Amish Pirate

Break down of Susser2000 Team 1

QB - I'm always a proponent of waiting on QB and have no problem with platooning idea. I'm really warming up to the idea of Eli having a pretty big year fantasy wise. The defense should be a little better but not great so they are going to need to score and the running game is questionable so the Giants will need to go to the air. Cam as the 2nd option was a lot better before the injury to Benjamin and now Fuchness with a tweaked hamstring. In a 10 team league I would have liked to have seen a little more of an upside guy (Tannehill, Rivers, Brady) as that 2nd QB. But overall it should be ok. GRADE: B

RB - I like Anderson a lot this year and Forsett looks ready to start being considered in that 2nd tier as well. Morris as your 3rd RB is a steady contributor and might benefit from Cousins at QB. Bell and Bush add some nice depth, this is the strength of your team. GRADE: A

WR - Brown is the #1 ranked WR and should be a top 5 guy all season long, good get at pick #6. Tate really came on last year and seems to have a connection with Stafford, MegaTron playing more may actually help him. While his chances will go down they should be better quality looks. A little risk but one if you feel good about him I can except. I like Cooper as the Flex/fill in WR. Always a risk with a rookie but all signs point to him being a stud. I'm not a fan of Desean or Wallace, just don't like big play, one trick ponies in fantasy but as bye week guys or a flex guy if one of them gets hot they are fine. GRADE: A- (The little bit of Risk with Tate/Cooper drops you from an A but I like both so i kept you at an A-)

TE - I like the move to grab Thomas (likely at a round or two later then a few weeks ago) then cover with Miller for a few weeks. It's high risk as you never know with an injury or Jacksonville's offense but word was he was a beast in the redzone in practices. GRADE: B

K and D/ST are what they are.

Overall GRADE: B+, I wanted to give you an A but I would have liked to have seen just a little better QB2 in 10 team league since you went with Eli. That said I would fully expect this team to contend as it sits right now.

4. I am Bane

I am Bane BAKLAVA

12 man league:

QB- Big Ben
    RB- Adrian Peterson
    RB- Latavius Murray
    WR- Randall Cobb
    WR- Brandin Cooks
    TE- Dwayne Allen
    Flex- Charlie Johnson
    D- Seattle Seahawks
    K- Stephen Gostkowski

Bench:
    QB- Teddy Bridgewater
    RB- Chris Ivory
    RB-Arian Foster
    RB- Jeremy Langford
    WR- Devante Parker
    WR- Phillip Dorsett
    WR- Justin Hardy

5. pb1300

pb1300 Scout Team

Mine was a 10 team league, and 7 out of the 10 couldnt make the draft :idk:

Wilson
    Bridgewater

A.P.
    Foster
    Bernard
    Abdullah

A.J. Green
    Megatron
    Landry
    Martavis Bryant
    Devante Parker

Daniels
    Seferian-Jenkins
    Julius Thomas

Hauschka

Texans

I had the 1st pick, so it was tough because I picked 1st, then two times every 19 times. Im banking on Foster to come back healthy, because I think he and A.P. are going to crush it for me.

6. susser2000

susser2000 A True Fan

My second team is 10 team/PPR/one keeper and I picked 7th.

QB Ryan Tannehill
    QB Phillip Rivers
    RB Jamaal Charles
    RB CJ Anderson
    RB Latavius Murray
    RB Joique Bell
    RB Fred Jackson
    RB Charles Simms
    WR Jarvis Landry
    WR Mike Evans (Keeper)
    WR Julian Edelman
    WR Allen Robinson
    WR Breshad Perriman
    WR Anquan Boldin
    TE Delanie Walker
    TE Virgil Green
    K Dan Bailey
    D/ST Miami

I drafted this team wanting to come out of it with Tannehill, Landry, and Miami defense and got all three. I had the chance to keep Mike Evans in the 10th or Jarvis in the 18th; I wanted both on my team this year, so I did draft Jarvis a bit earlier than projections had him going.

7. susser2000

susser2000 A True Fan

Since I posted two teams, I will chime in on the other guys teams. Bane, I like your team in a 12 man league. Your running game will be damn good once Foster comes back and I think Cooks is going to have an amazing yeaer in NO (wish I could've snagged him on one of my teams). I personally don't play 12 team leagues because I have difficulty finding depth on my roster, but it looks like you did a good job. I wanted to grab Devante Parker late in my last draft as a keeper for next year, but my Jets fan buddy took him in the 10th round (a bit early if you ask me).

pb1300, Your running game is in trouble to start the season, because we don't know when Foster is coming back and he is consistently injured. Abdullah can be good, but I think Bell will get the majority of goal line work. Gio will get a decent amount of work, but he's still the #2 in Cincinnati. As far as you WRs go, you have good starters in Megatron, AJ, and Landry, but I would see about getting some better backup options. I would never suggest starting two receivers on the same team and you have Jarvis and Devante and I could see you running into that problem down the road.

Check out the waiver wire to see if there are any available RBs that will be getting a decent amount of carries or a lot of goal line work. I would suggest trying to move one of your top receivers for a starting running back and a decent receiver. I know you will call me crazy for this next suggestion, but I would even think about moving AP (but I'm not big on 30 year old running backs) for two lower tier running backs.

8. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Smoking Hole at the Hard Rock Moderator Finheaven VIP

I'm in 10 person league with a bunch of mouth breathers. How do you like my chances?

Ryan Tannehill, Mia QB
    DeMarco Murray, Phi RB
    LeSean McCoy, Buf RB
    DeAndre Hopkins, Hou WR
    Amari Cooper, Oak WR
    Golden Tate, Det WR
    Mike Wallace, Min WR
    Jordan Cameron, Mia TE
    Doug Martin, TB RB
    Michael Floyd, Ari WR
    Texans D/ST D/ST
    Sam Bradford, Phi QB
    DeAngelo Williams, Pit RB
    Devin Funchess, Car WR
    Julius Thomas*, Jac TE
    Mason Crosby, GB K

9. Amish Pirate

QB - Grade B+, If Big Ben puts up a year close to last year this might become an A. I like Teddy B. a bye week filler with upside. My only worry is the Steelers offensive line and protecting Ben. As you'll see from my draft it's hard for me to complain about your picks.

RB - Grade B+, I was about to give you an A then I read Foster could be out slightly longer then expected, although some say he'll still be back week 2 or 3. If he gets back by week 4 mark yourself up to an A here. Either way you have nice depth. I would rather a flyer on say a Terrence West or Christine Michael the Langford.

WR - Grade B+, Starters are an A, Cobb should be a beast and I agree with Susser I love Cooks this year to become a true WR1 fantasy wise. Charles Johnson has some real upside and should be a solid flex guy I am worried about your depth, we don't know how soon Parker will be 100% and I think Miami takes it slow because they have so much WR talent. Dorsett and Hardy are flyers.

TE - Grade B, Allen will get his share of TD's in a pass happy offense.

D and K - Grade A, normally I don't grade these because I prefer to stream both but if you are going to pick them early you got the two best.

You are going to contend for sure, if Foster comes back sooner then later you should be right there in the point totals and wins. Very nice work.

10. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Hammered Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

14 team league:

QB: Bernie Kosar

RB's: Mike Rozier, Gerald Riggs.

WR's: TJ SMith, Carlos Carson

TE: Todd Christiansen

Flex: Albert Bentley

D/ST: Eagles

K: Raul Allegre

11. Amish Pirate

QB - Grade C+, More my personal feel then anything, not a fan of Wilson this year compared to other QB's and while I like Bridgewater in a 12 team league but in a 10 teamer he becomes a middle QB2. IMO you have a low end QB1 and mid road QB2 and your #1 doesn't have a ton of upside.

RB - Grade C+, Peterson is a beast so no issue there. Foster and the question as to when he returns really hurts you. Abdullah is an ok bye week guy as I think by mid season he is getting the majority of snaps but Bell may still vulture some TD's and you need him early with Foster out. Gio is a RB5 in a 10 team league.

WR - Grade A, You nailed this pretty well. Green and Megatron from your draft spot is a solid 1-2 punch, very solid depth with Landry and Bryant once he is back. Parker worth a flter as a WR5

TE - Grade B, if I thought carrying 3 TE's was a great idea I would give you a B+ for depth. I like snagging Thomas and then someone to fill in for a few weeks as a strategy but not sure why both Daniels and S-F, one of the two is enough and you could have tried to get more RB depth.

D/St and Kicker, both solid B+

Your season will come down to Wilson outplaying my projections and your WR's carrying you until Foster is back. If it's PPR that will help you. It's a .500 team that could make a run or could be an also ran.

ok back to work, more later.

12. Amish Pirate

Steal getting Charles at the 7th and Anderson in round 2 considering there were some keepers.

QB - Grade A-, I love Tannehill this year and I am normally anti homer picking to a fault, Rivers is a solid platoon guy. Probably should be a B+ but dammit it was the combo I wanted in my draft LOL.

RB - Grade A, stud starters, solid backup in Murray, some solid reward plays in Jackson and Sims. Had you taken a PPR hound like Woodhead instead of Sims you would have gotten an A+

WR - Grade B, I like your depth and in PPR you are solid if not flashy. I like Robinson to make some noise this year. You just lack that one stud as I see Evans regressing a little numbers wise this year.

TE - Grade B+, Walker is a sneaky 5 to 7 TE pick, Green has some upside and if not can be dumped for who is hot.

D/ST and K - Grade B+, solid.

Overall - A, this team is solid top to bottom. Playoff team for sure, just need to stay healthy. Nice job !!

13. Amish Pirate

My 10 Team PPR League drafted last night. Start 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex/1K/1D-ST

QB - Eli Manning (10.10), Sam Bradford (11.01)
    RB - ADP (1.01), Justin Forsett (2.10), Lamar Miller (3.01), LeGarrette Blount (9.01), Matt Jones (15.01), Terrence West (17.01)
    WR - Brandin Cooks (7.01 Keeper), Keenan Allen (4.10), Sammy Watkins (6.10), Eric Decker (8.10), Michael Crabtree (12.10), Jordy Nelson (13.01)*
    TE - Martellus Bennett (5.01)
    K - Gostkowski (14.10)
    D/ST - Patriots (16.10)

* Our keeper rule is you can keep a guy 2 rounds higher then he was drafted, and only keep for one year. I liked my depth so I pulled the trigger on Nelson in the 13th. Worse case if my team gets dinged I drop him, best case if he comes back fully I get him for an 11th round pick next year.

Went 1 TE because a bunch of the same left at tight end, Gates, Clay, Miller, Donnell. I will drop whoever looks to be under-performing of West or Jones when I need one.

Criticize away.

14. susser2000

susser2000 A True Fan

Amish Pirate, I like your QB situation because Eli should have Cruz and ODB for most of the year; if that doesn't work out, you have Bradford on the bench and he's expected to have a great year too.

As far as running backs go, I don't think you could have better starters. As far as your bench goes, I don't really care for Blount (even though I own him in my dynasty league) just because you never know what NE is going to do at RB. Matt Jones could end up being a stud and a great keeper for next year. West could eventually emerge as the starter in Tennessee before the season is over.

Wide Receiver is where i think you could use a little more help. I'm not a big fan of Keenan Allen, just because he had one good year and one bad year, so we aren't sure what he's going to do this year. Watkins doesn't have a QB, but should get the majority of the looks in Buffalo. Crabtree could put up some decent numbers as the #2 in Oakland. We have a rule in our league of not drafting players on IR to keep players from doing what you did with Jordy. Good move on your part since you don't have rules against it.

TE could be a strong suit for you because of the injuries to the receivers in Chicago.

K- Awesome, best there is.

D/ST- I don't know why you took the Pats, I just feel as though their Defense won't be too good this year.

15. Amish Pirate

Susser, pretty much agree with you. I don't love Allen but a lot of WR keepers (Cooks, Evans, Hilton) depleted the pool. Landry and Amendola went before me that round and would have been my preference. Could have gone Tate or Cooper, really thought about Cooper but had a hard time trusting a rookie on the Raiders. I'll stream my D based on matchups, Pats were the best overall when I drafted but might be gone before Thursday.

16. dolfanattic5

dolfanattic5 you got chambered

10 team keeper league - $100 buy in

My keepers: Mike Evans and Carlos Hyde

Qb- Tannehill
    Rb- AP, Carlos Hyde, Melvin Gordon, Doug Martin, Jerrick Mckinnon
    Wr- Mike Evans, Alshon Jefferey, Amari Cooper, Allen Robinson, Victor Cruz, Dorial Green Beckham,
    Te- Delanie Walker, Ertz
    Def- Dolphins

10 team $100 buy in no keepers

qb- Sam Bradford
    Rb- Marshawn Lynch, Jeremy Hill, Arian Foster, Giovani Bernard, CJ Spiller, Alfred Blue, Tj Yeldon
    Wr- Deandre Hopkins, Jordan Matthews, Amari Cooper, Devante Parker, Brian Quick
    Te- Dwayne Allen (Cameron taken right before i wanted him)
    Def- Dolphins

Thanks in advance for rating.

17. Amish Pirate

QB - Grade A-, A little risk that both live up to the hype but I like Tannehill and Bradford this year a lot. Played right and against the right match ups if Bradford stays healthy you could end up with combo points just behind Luck and Rodgers.

RB - Grade A-, Going to assume you drafted late first round and the big 6 RB's were gone. If so I like the Murray, McCoy combo and Martin looked good preseason and could surprise. I'm a little worried about McCoy staying healthy as much as they are going to feed him the ball but he certainly won't lack opportunities. All you needed for an A or A+ was a little more depth. DeAngelo will be fine weeks 1 and 2 when you don't need him but after Bell is back he will be close to worthless. Would have rather seen a back with more upside.

WR - Grade B+, Great depth here, top 3 are all legit fantasy starters, Wallace and Floyd bounce back plays and Funchess an upside play. All you are missing is a bonafied #1.

TE - Grade A-, Like the play of Cameron early and then Thomas coming back to cover the risk of a Cameron injury and still have a TE1

K and D/ST - Both solid

Given your comments I am guessing 3 or 4 solid teams like yours and then a bunch of crazy teams in your league. You should be right there competing for the #1 seed.

18. Bruzer

Bruzer FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

12 Man PPR League Snake draft so I would get 2nd pick and then 2nd to last pick the next round. I have a horrid bye week on week 5 that I will lose just due backups thin.

Philip Rivers, SD QB
    Adrian Peterson, Min RB
    Lamar Miller, Mia RB
    T.Y. Hilton, Ind WR
    Jarvis Landry, Mia WR
    Charles Johnson, Min WR
    Larry Donnell, NYG TE
    Joique Bell, Det RB
    Broncos D/ST
    Dan Carpenter, Buf K

Bench
    Martavis Bryant, Pit WR SSPD
    David Johnson, Ari RB
    Breshad Perriman, Bal WR
    Christine Michael, Dal RB
    Julius Thomas*, Jac TE
    Derek Carr, Oak QB

I will say I don't like having 2 min and 2 mia especially wr, and rb but how the draft fell i felt best options given it's a ppr league.

19. MiZFiT

MiZFiT FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

10 team league. I chose 8th.

Rd 1 No. 8 - DeMarco Murray DAL
    Rd 2 No. 13 - Odell Beckham NYG
    Rd 3 No. 28 - Jimmy Graham SEA
    Rd 4 No. 33 - Brandin Cooks NO
    Rd 5 No. 48 - Latavius Murray OAK (Admittidly my least favorite pick)
    Rd 6 No. 53 - Sammy Watkins BUF
    Rd 7 No. 68 - Philadelphia DEF
    Rd 8 No. 73 - Davante Adams GB
    Rd 9 No. 88 - Mason Crosby K
    Rd 10 No. 93 - Ryan Tannehill MIA (My favorite pick)
    Rd 11 No. 108 - Joique Bell DET
    Rd 12 No. 113 - Arian Foster HOU
    Rd 13 No. 128 - Nelson Algholor PHI
    Rd 14 No. 133 - Carson Palmer ARI
    Rd 15 No. 148 - Victor Cruz NYG

Line-up for week 1:
    QB - Ryan Tannehill
    RB - DeMarco Murray
    RB - Latavius Murray
    WR - Odell Beckham
    WR - Brandin Cooks
    TE - Jimmy Graham
    W/R - Sammy Watkins (unsure about this, may switch out for Davante Adams)
    K - Mason Crosby
    DEF - Philadelphia Eagles

BENCH - C. Palmer, J. Bell, A. Foster, D. Adams, N. Algholor, V. Cruz

20. Amish Pirate

QB - Grade C-, I don't mind Rivers as platoon with a guy like Eli or Tannehill where you are playing match ups but not as an every week starter. In a 12 team league Carr is borderline undraftable and the only way i would take him is if I had Luck or Rodgers and just totally punted the QB2 spot until hardly any starters were left.

RB - Grade B+, I really like your 2 starters in ADP and Lamar, probably one of the better 1-2 punches in your league. Bell is ok as a flex play although I feel by mid-season Abdullah will be the #1 and Bell only gets every 3rd series or so. Johnson and Michael are good flyers but your depth is an issue.

WR - Grade B+, TY is a true #1 and Jarvis in PPR should be in the 10 to 16 range, Johnson has some nice upside. Again your starters are solid. Bryant if he comes back from his suspension and picks up where he left off last season will be a great bye week guy, the problem is does Wheaton impress and keep a firm hold on the #2 spot ? Parriman scares me, he hasn't gotten on the field yet, seems dinged and the Ravens aren't a great pass offense.

TE - Grade B+, as many above I like the sneaky play to get Thomas late and pair with an average guy like Donnell to hold you over.

K and D/ST, nothing special but if you stream well you'll be ok.

Overall - B, I like your starters except for QB but you lack depth at pretty much every spot. Your season will require your starters to stay healthy, Rivers to over achieve and some really smart bye week plays. I'd say 50/50 you make the playoffs.

21. Bruzer

Bruzer FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Ya my depth does scare me I am with ya there, thing's didn't play out as I expect people were pulling picks that I was not expecting at the points but this was my first live draft so lesson learned. I am also use to a 8 man league so this was new with how many go off the board. I messed up at QB I could of taken one a round earlier but they flew off the board and by time I got on he was best left next to Dalton. Carr as a back up is just kind of a swing in the dark that maybe his connection with cooper is solid. Thanks for the grade though gives me an idea.