Draft Rumors Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Rumors Thread

xXwarXx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The Dolphins are one of six teams showing the most interest in Brad Kaaya, along with Arizona, Chicago, the Saints, Houston & San Diego.
- Simon Clancy

And so it begins...

With the way Ryan Tannehill is playing, I doubt Miami looks at a quarterback early in the draft. I'd expect maybe a mid to late rounder to compete with Brandon Doughty.

The Fins want a developmental prospect that is better than Doughty I'm sure. Kaaya fits that bill. Pick him in the mid rounds.

This is not that surprising. Brad Kaaya is in the Dolphins' back yard. Just going to a UM game and looking at him live or going to practice and seeing him live indicates "showing interest" and Miami can do all of these things on a whim because he's local.

It doesn't mean Miami are actually about to draft him.

Unless a stud offense of lineman staring on at their draft position I'm hoping for one of the two top tight ends. Unless a top end linebacker is available of course.

This is not that surprising. Brad Kaaya is in the Dolphins' back yard. Just going to a UM game and looking at him live or going to practice and seeing him live indicates "showing interest" and Miami can do all of these things on a whim because he's local.

It doesn't mean Miami are actually about to draft him.

Ya I like Clancy but he didn't have to say "most interest," could have just left it as "shown interest".

Im really tired of these twitter beat writers trying to prop up every piece of information they come across. The worst is when they get a press release that 10 other writers got directly from the team, and they say, "sources confirm", like they got some exclusive info, give me a break...

Clancy isn't a beat writer. What he gets and what he shares is definitely non-public information that he's making public.

But yes, "more interest" in this case probably means actually just showing interest whereas other teams have yet to send their scout to a Miami practice to observe him. What I'm saying is that the Dolphins should be in the "more interest" camp on pretty much every UM prospect because they're right in the back yard. Knowing what I know about the nitty gritty of how much resources it can take to line up a productive scouting trip, it's a no-brainer to have someone go across the way to UM practice every now and then to get close looks at their players.

Malik Hooker says, right now, he's 100% returning. Given that he's only started this season, it's probably a good decision, but he would have been one of my favorite players in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom