draft standing where would you rather be? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

draft standing where would you rather be?

Baxter

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Would you guys rather of sucked this season and have our pick of the best players available or like we are in the middle of the draft? I am happy with what has happened if we go 9-7 thats awesome, better than what I expected. :nesucks:

this was talked about a lot and i say "you play to win the game".....

People who attend the games don't want to see an half *** effort out of professional football players. After they have spent a lot of money to watch them play.

Plus a non-losing season vindicates Saban's approach and makes it easier for the players to buy into his philosophies and tactics. That is more important than a few spots in the first round of one draft.

Picking outside the top ten is better for us. Top ten contracts are outragous, you can get a great player at picks 14-18 and not be strapped by their contract if they fail to live up to expetations.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Plus a non-losing season vindicates Saban's approach and makes it easier for the players to buy into his philosophies and tactics. That is more important than a few spots in the first round of one draft.

Good point dave. We gotta re-build the dolphin winning tradition. Who cares about a few spots in the stinkin draft!

I would rather be where we are now, however if we were 4 and 11 and it came to the last game I would rather lose to improve our drafting position. I don't care if some here like that type of thinking, it's my opinion and like it or not would be the best thing for the team in the long run.

It'd be great to have a top 3 pick but you build a great team by drafting smart every year and getting good players in the middle rounds...the main thing is not to give away future high picks like Wanny used to do...Nick likes his picks and will not trow them away.He'll get the players and already started(Roth,Ronnie,Crowder,Daniels,Manny)and we'll be winners again.

Ozzy rules!!

You never ever play to lose. NEVER! As a coach, how do you tell your team to tank this week? Or next week? Football is a 'balls to the wall' sport and you can only play it at one speed.

I like the fact that Saban got so much out of this team this year. Says a lot about him as a coach, motivator, and talent evaluator. Which will serve the team and fans well when middle-level, diamond-in-the-rough talent emerges. I'm already looking forward to next season.

DolfanDaveInATX said:

And that Winning style wont hurt in the FA market. So we grab a few FA relishing in coming to Miami, and sprinkle in Draft selections regardless of what slot we pick from and waaaaalaaaaa.....a winning formula.

Just win, rinse (in champagne), repeat!

Back
Top Bottom