Draft Tek mock 3/24/14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Tek mock 3/24/14

I don't mind taking Moses, but in the first freaking round? WTF?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I like him, but in the 2nd rd. I would have taken Zack Martin in that mock.

Somebody always says it, but this literally is the most disappointing mock for the Dolphins I have seen this year. I think I would prefer all but one or two of the 1st rounders picked after ours. Then Sankey in the 2nd as the first RB off the board?! Troy Niklas in the 3rd two picks before Donte Moncrief?

I know Lewan has that one incident, but if he is on the board there is no way you take Moses over him.

No way Moses goes before Lewan and Martin, Lewan will go to either NYG, PIT, or STL. All those teams have vet coaching staffs that will control any issues he may have and his talent is too good for teams like that to pass up. Martin is a better Tackle prospect than Moses and he could also play Guard if needed. I like Moses but not over those 2 guys.

dont like round 1, but ive been seeing more and more about moses as a first rounder latley. and i love round two and three. sankey is so underrated on this board

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

Somebody always says it, but this literally is the most disappointing mock for the Dolphins I have seen this year. I think I would prefer all but one or two of the 1st rounders picked after ours. Then Sankey in the 2nd as the first RB off the board?! Troy Niklas in the 3rd two picks before Donte Moncrief?

sankey is the best back in the draft imo. he has the best vision and a nose for the ndzone and first down marker. niklas is a steal rnd three he is project by some as the 2nd best te

I agree. Absolutely brutal.

moses if they are looking for a pure right tackle is something we are gonna have to worry about at pick 19 even...sure isn't gonna be the kind of move athlete benson would prefer but who knows with the lazor connection...

i'm not a fan of it but i wouldn't rule it out either...mehhh

I don't think so. Moses wouldn't be my choice at #19, but if we take him there's your RT- ideal size, longs arms, very good in pass pro and a good run blocker. Sankey is a pretty darned good RB, and Niklas would be a steal in the 3rd rd- seam busting TE and an excellent run blocker with great size to help the line. The MLB in rd 4- we sure could use a MLB but I don't know anything about Lamin Barrow. OG Trai Turner in rd 5 would be a steal and would solve the OG issue along with Shelley Smith. Tajh Boyd intrigues me- not that long ago he was viewed as a high 1st rd pick- there are questions, but that would be an interesting 6th rd pick imo. That being said, I'd rather have OT Matt Patchan or TE AC Leonard with that pick, both were taken a few slots ahead.

sankey is so underrated on this board

I do like the idea of the Dolphins going RB in the second round. If we get the first RB in the draft, hopefully we get a difference-maker, whoever the hell it is. I personally prefer Hill or even Hyde. If we could get Seastrunk in a later round, that would be incredible.

I don't dislike Niklas either. It just seems like talent is sliding down this draft all over the place. I wouldn't even mind saying screw the OL if we get chances to take impact players that can be a part of this team for several years. If those players happen to be linemen, then fine, but we don't have to go OT, OG, TE, DE like mocks suggest.

I actually hope Miami trades back for more picks.

problem i have with a moses and an albert combo at tackle is that you aren't gonna have all that good move athletes on the edges...which imo may limit what we can do to the wide portions of the field...moses though would provide some oomf in the run game on the right side...he underachieved in college but he's got the length and size and is definitely a right tackle all the way...

it's just very rich to me off what i have seen of his work ie every game he's played as a uva fan in the top 20...but there does seem to be a lot of late round 1 buzz there

the other thing about moses isif it fails at right tackle do you have a fallback position...you are crazier than hell if you think i'm putting that at left tackle...so a kick inside would be the only option i see...maybe lazor cross trained him some in practice inside when he was there and would know but that seems like a serious projection to me...he's a right tackle all the way as i see it

the guy that i think will be a udfa pick up if he's out there is luke bowanka from uva...he's athletic he can play any of the interior positions imo and he was a guy that caught my eye at times...i would at least invite that to camp and i bet with the lazor connection if we extend the invite or look to sign him as a udfa he would pick us...plus he fits the offense

lamin barrow that's probably about right 4th round value he's a good move athlete but his instincts strike me as pretty average..mike option though in day 3...but how much of an upgrade would it really be in our unit...

problem i have with a moses and an albert combo at tackle is that you aren't gonna have all that good move athletes on the edges...which imo may limit what we can do to the wide portions of the field...moses though would provide some oomf in the run game on the right side...he underachieved in college but he's got the length and size and is definitely a right tackle all the way...

it's just very rich to me off what i have seen of his work ie every game he's played as a uva fan in the top 20...but there does seem to be a lot of late round 1 buzz there

Do you think with the fact that Shelley Smith is a better fit at LG (according to how he was graded) the Dolphins should be focusing on RT and RG? If RG is the target we can wait till the 3rd or 4th round to get one but the RT is what I'm worried about. Justin Britt had a good pro day but he looked awful stiff to me at the combine and Zach Martin's short arms still concern me. And why is it that we can get two consistent measurements on his arm length? Combine he was 32 7/8" arm length and pro day he was 32 1/4. Plus the Steelers had a large contingent there and I'm starting to think they may take Martin at 15.

lamin barrow that's probably about right 4th round value he's a good move athlete but his instincts strike me as pretty average..mike option though in day 3...but how much of an upgrade would it really be in our unit...

Reminds me a lot of Wheeler on tape. He's got good speed, finds the ball pretty well. Has trouble getting off blocks and misses an awful lot of tackles.

I think Kirksey from Iowa would be a good day 3 option.

Back
Top Bottom