Draft Thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Thoughts

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
This isn't a mock just some early ideas and thoughts on the draft.

Tight End
It's interesting that Daniel Jeremiah's first mock has three tight ends in the first round with O.J. Howard going #30. Honestly, we know Miami has holes on defense but that's the type of talent who could turn this offense into something special. The Atlanta Falcons have built talent around Matt Ryan and that's the primary reason they are in the NFC Championship game. Can you imagine Landry, Parker and Howard in the passing game? That move could possibly make it hard to fill the needs on defense, however.

Defensive Line
When all is said and done, this is the position I think is most likely for Miami's pick at #22....assuming the Dolphins stay at #22. This is also where a trade up scenario could be in play. Solomon Thomas is a player I really like. I'm sure Miami does as well. What would it take to trade up? He's projected near top 10. When it comes to #22 Taco Charlton, Charles Harris and DeMarcus Walker figure in that range. I've seen Walker mocked as a mid 2nd rounder as well.

Linebackers
What linebackers do you think would be available in round 2, if Miami goes DE in the first? Jarrad Davis seems to be in the 30-40 range and I believe is in play at #22.

Surprises
Last year Laremy Tunsil wasn't even on my radar as I figured he'd be long gone. There will be surprises and teams that will capitalize. One could be Jabrill Peppers, who is one of the more interesting players in the draft. Is he good enough to take at #22 if he's there? How would Miami use his talent?

Mid-Round Offensive Linemen
I would love to see Miami get a versatile guard/center like Pat Eflein of Ohio State. Might have to anti-up a second rounder to get that done. Who are some other "steals" that could outperform their draft status in the mid to late rounds?

Back
Top Bottom